Aadhaar card: What are the documents needed?
The Aadhaar card is increasingly becoming an important document, particularly as the government looks to transfer cash in lieu of subsidies. Here are documents needed for Aadhaar card.
- IDAI process accepts 18 PoI (Proof of Identity) and 33 PoA (Proof of Address) documents. Common proofs of identity and address are election photo ID card, Ration card, passport and driving license.
- Photo ID cards like PAN card and Govt ID cards are permissible for identity proof.
- Address proof documents also include water - electricity - telephone bills from the last three months.
- In case you do not have above common proofs, Certificate of Identify having photo issued by GazettedOfficer/Tehsildar on letterhead is also accepted as PoI.
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA /Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead or by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) is accepted as valid PoA.