Are you still using traditional method of paying your premium? Now pay online by using Payment Gateway by LIC. It is a initiative to provide you with on demand service within a few clicks!
The payment gateway (PG) initiative is an important component of the offer. It provides for real-time payment of renewal premium-dues through the portal.
This functionality is available only to registered customers who have enrolled their policies.
Here are simple step-by-step guide on how you can go about using this facility:
1. Once you have enrolled your policy(s), you can click on the link Pay Premium Online http://www.licindia.in/online_payment.htm
2. Select the policies for which you want to pay premium.
3. You will be directed to a page where you can choose from multiple banks for payment and will be directed to the login page of the selected bank.
Note: It is essential that you have a net banking account with at least one of these banks.
4. At the bank site you will need to login with your net banking username/password. The total amount to be paid by you towards LIC will be displayed.
5. Verify your balance and confirm the transaction to the bank. Simultaneously successful/unsuccessful transaction message will be flashed.
6. On successful transaction, a digitally signed e-receipt will be generated and e-mailed to you.
7. If your account is debited but the receipt is not generated, this may happen due to network failure/session timed out. Receipt is generated for such cases separately and sent the email-id mentioned in the profile within 2-3 days.
8. Please check the bank account before trying for the second payment for the same due. If bank account is debited you are requested not to attempt for second payment.
The updation of premium happens immediately. There is no charge for you to avail this service. It is one time registration, no further registration involved at the service provider end. There is no time lag from the date of payment to obtaining receipts.