Most of us have Aadhaar card or planning to have one for self and family. Here are few quick facts one should be aware of.
To apply for Aadhaar card, a person should be an Resident of India and the documents needed are Aadhaar application form, resident proof, identity proof. How to Download Your e-Aadhaar Card Online?
- Aadhaar card has a 12 digit unique identification number which stores demographic and biometric information of the resident with photograph.
- Aadhaar number is a 12 digit unique identification number which never starts with "0" and "1". The last digit of the Aadhaar number is a check sum digit.
- This is issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of Government of India. Aadhaar serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India.
- Aadhaar enrolment is not mandatory.
- Each Aadhaar number issued will be unique to an individual and will remain valid for lifetime.
- There are no charges for Aadhaar enrolment for an individual.
- After Aadhar card is received, individual needs to submit an application along with a copy of the Aadhaar Card to the bank branch where he/she is maintaining an account. Bank will link the account making the account as Aadhaar Enabled Bank Account (AEBA).
- Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB) System is a unique payment system implemented by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), which uses Aadhaar number as a central key for electronically channelizing the Government subsidies and benefits in the Aadhaar Enabled Bank Accounts (AEBA) of the intended beneficiaries.