With an aim to encourage mobile banking, ICICI bank has come up with the concept of new app called as eftCheques app provides a comprehensive solution for cheque based transactions.
After installing the app, one can enables quick, convenient and secure transfer of funds to a beneficiary, while maintaining the cheque writing experience.
Additionally, you can deposit a cheque, check the status of your physical cheques and a lot more.
Features of the ICheque Mobile App
- Write eftCheque - One can issue eftCheque to a mobile number of your choice
- Deposit Cheque - Individuals can deposit scanned image of physical cheque issued to you
- Cheque Query - Check the status of physical cheques issued to / from your account
- eftCheques History - Check past debit transactions done through eftCheques app
How to Use the eftCheques Mobile App?
Individuals should ensure net connection on the mobile device and follow the steps to download and activate ICICI BankeftCheques
Step 1: Download the app from playstore
Step 2: Authenticate yourself using your debit card number, debit card PIN and OTP sent to your registered mobile. In case of a Joint account, you also need to enter your Net Banking ID.
Step 3: Choose any 4-digit PIN of your choice as an authentication to use eftCheques app
Step 4: Login with your unique 4-digit PIN and start using ICICI Bank eftCheques to perform cheque based transactions at your convenience.
How to issue an eftCheque?
To issue an eftCheque, please follow the below steps:
1. Select Account number from which eftCheque is to be issued (Debit Account Number).
2. From Main Menu, Select "Write eftCheque" option.
3. A cheque book page will open with details like Name, Account Number and Balance.
4. Enter mandatory details like Beneficiary Mobile Number (Manually or from contacts), Beneficiary Name and Amount. Click Submit.
5. Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
6. A message will be displayed upon successful issuance and you will receive an SMS with eftCheque code and 4-digit passcode. Passcode is to be shared with the Beneficiary to receive the funds.