Nomination plays a vital role in any of the investment, many investment instruments have made it mandatory to mention the name of the nominee during the investment.
A nominee is a person appointed by an account holder, whom the bank pays the amount after the demise of the account holder without asking for much documentation.
As now the EPF UAN is online, it has become much easier to update the details as and when the change is required.
To make use of the online facility by EPFO, it is necessary to register yourself by using UAN provided by the employer.
1) Once your register and sign in
2) Click on profile and click nomination form
3) On clicking link Nomination Form, the following screen would appear
(Member ID, Establishment ID, Name, Date of Birth, Father/ Spouse name, Relationship, Date of Joining, Gender, Marital Status would be auto-populated from database and are non-editable.)
4) The editable fields on this page are Permanent Address and Present Address
5) If present address is same as permanent address, copy of permanent address into present address is to be enabled. These details can be updated by clicking the "UPDATE" button.
6) Enter family member's details
For capture of Nomination details, against each nominee, one KYC detail is to be provided by the member.
Total share for all PF / EDLI Nominees should add to 100%.
Entry into Pension Nominee Details is allowed to be filled only in case member does not have any family.
On the screen after checking on the Nomination Declaration check box, GENERATE PDF.
7) Click on "Submit to Employer for Approval". Now the online nomination form is submitted in the system to the employer for his approval or rejection.