The Aadhaar Card is becoming increasingly popular even when it is not made mandatory by the government of India. There is no harm in holding aadhaar as it comes with several benefits.
Now, many banking and financial institutions are taking easy to open and operate account if an individual is having a aadhaar number. If not, they have to go through a lengthy Know Your Customer (KYC) procedure.
Individuals can update the following six information on their Aadhaar letter by sending an Application through Post to UIDAI: 1. Name 2. Address 3. Date of Birth 4. Gender 5. Mobile Number.
Along with this, resident can fill Aadhaar Update Form and send the hard copy of the filled form along with documents to UIDAI.
The process for request through post is as follows:
1. Fill the Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form
2. Depending on the field to be updated, attach self signed supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List attached in Annexure I.
a. Name Correction/Update - Requires PoI listed in "Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update"
b. Date of Birth Correction - Requires DoB listed in "Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents"
c. Address Corrections/Change - Requires PoA listed in "Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address"
3. Make sure you have entered the correct details check for correctness and completeness in English as well as local language.
4. Mention your Aadhaar Number on all document copies.
Send the Form along with the supporting documents to one of the address given in Annexure II. Mark the envelope as "Aadhaar Update/Correction" on top. Seal the envelope properly. You will receive an intimation of update request receipt.
Things to consider
- Self attesting or self signing the supporting documents is a must.
- Note that your name must be clearly mentioned below the signatures/thumbprint when self attesting the documents.
- In case the child is below five years, parent/guardian can fill and sign/provide thumbprint in the form and document copies.
- In all other cases, the resident must sign/provide thumbprint in the form and document copies themselves.
- Select appropriate UIDAI office address for sending the application depending on the local language that is used in your application.
- Aadhaar letter with updates will be delivered at the given address only in case of Update/Correction in Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender. For Update of Mobile number, the notification will be sent on the given mobile number.
- Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application and would attract penal provisions under prevailing laws.