The EPFO recently launched new withdrawal forms for employees for UAN registered members. The new forms will have easy withdrawal process and the amount will be directly credited to your bank account.
However, there are chances that you may still have to follow the old rules for withdrawal if you don't meet certain conditions.
Also, the government has made changes in Employees Provident Fund (EPF) withdrawal in order to encourage savings and less use of retirement amount for instant need.
12 Major things to check before applying
1. Basic Information (Name, Member ID,Father Name, Date of Birth , Date of joining, Date of Exit) should match with EPFO records.
2. If not Joint request letter with valid ID Proofs has been attached with the claim form or not?
3. All the documents are being attested by the employer
4. Bank Passbook photocopy / cancelled cheque should be attached
5. Whether 2 months waiting period from the Date of Exit is over or not
6. In case of Inoperative Accounts/UCD - Letter explaining the delay should be attached
7. Whether photo copy of PAN Card and Form 15G/15H is submitted or not?
8. Whether you have signed on the claim form or not
9. Whether any correction in the Name/Father Name/DoJ/DoB/Bank Account number in the claim form has been attested by employer or not?
10. Please ensure that the Savings Bank Account is not closed/inoperative or no-frills account. It should be a regular individual active account.
11. UAN has to be mentioned on the claim form
12. Don't forget to give the mobile number on the claim form so that EPFO can contact you if there is any discrepancy in the above mentioned items and to get the claim settlement status through SMS.