Rupay Card is a product of National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI), which is India's first payment gateway system.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) launched the IRCTC Rupay pre-paid card for easy and quick payments.
For this project, IRCTC had signed an MoU with Union Bank of India (UBI) for executing the RuPay card project.
To avail a card from UBI Bank one need to have valid PAN (Permanent Account Number) card to purchase your prepaid card. The IRCTC UBI Prepaid Card has the following options:
1. Virtual Card
2. Physical Card
In case of virtual cards, card credentials such as card no. etc are sent via email and using these credential, customers can book railway tickets.
In case of Physical cards, plastic magnetic strip card is couriered to customer's postal address or else customer can also request for plastic cards from any branch of Union Bank of Inda.
Here are 5 interesting things to know
1) The card holder is entitled for free Rs 2 lakh accident insurance coverage as part of the benefits to customers.
2) Initial load amount of INR 500 at the time of card purchase. There is no additional charges for top-up.
3) Individuals can reload the card using Internet Banking facility.
4) There will be a reward points given on each transaction.
5) Individuals can have the card with a loading limit of Rs 10,000 with partial Know Your Customer (KYC) details. With full KYC one can have the limit up to Rs 50,000.
For initial six months, first five transactions per card every month will be free and no transaction charges will be levied to customers.
After the free usage, customer will be charged Rs 10 per transaction.