Most of the bank customers are not aware that one cannot transfer funds immediately from net banking if an individual is not in your beneficiary list. To transfer funds from your account to other person bank account, one should add that person as beneficiary first to carry on any transaction.
The process to add beneficiary will hardly take time but approval for the same will take atleast 24 hours in HDFC Bank.
Things to keep ready before adding beneficiary:
- IFSC code
- Bank name
- Bank location
- Name as per bank account
How to add beneficiary in HDFC Account to transfer funds?
1. Login to your HDFC net banking using your customer ID and password.
2. Click on 'Third Party Transfer'
3. Select Add beneficiary
4. From the provided options, select type of beneficiary depending on the bank account.
Note that if the beneficiary is a non-HDFC account holder, then select Transfer to other Bank/Credit Card Beneficiary".
5. Fill all the beneficiary details such as name, IFSC code, bank name and location.
6. Click on Confirm
7. You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the same and confirm.
Once all the process is complete, the page informs you that the addition of beneficiary is complete and it will take 24 hours to add and approve.