State Bank of India customers can make bill payments or recharge mobile using their net banking. One can do various transactions other than transferring funds.
Many categories of billers are available for payment using OnlineSBI such as Credit Card bill, Insurance premium, Telephone Payment etc.
How to add biller to make payments?
Bank customers to make any bill payment first need to register the biller to your list of billers using the:
1. Log in into SBI Internet Banking
2. "Add Billers" option after
3. Select the city and then select the biller
4. After confirmation, your bill arrives and will be displayed in View/Pay bills section
5. Click on "Pay", you get a confirmation - Online Transaction Request Receipt ("OTRR").
You will need to provide a Nickname and certain Biller Specific Details. Once you add a biller, you will receive your bills online in your Bill Inbox. It normally takes few days for a Biller to receive and verify your biller specific details.
Once the verification is done, all subsequent bill details are presented electronically through Bank. However, you will continue to receive your physical bill from the Biller.
Before payment one can see the details of your payment instruction, like the Debit Account, Debit Branch, Amount, Remarks and Status in addition to a unique "Transaction ID".