It is the time of the year, when Income Tax Assesses are busy filing their tax returns. Remember, if your income is above Rs 5 lakhs, you need to file your tax returns in the electronic form. However, while filing tax returns there are many queries that can arise.
What are the queries that may arise while e filing tax returns?
1) You have uploaded the forms and you have not made payment.
2) You want to know the mechanism to link Aadhar card
3) You have queries on change in bank number.
4) You do not know which form to use.
5) If you have tax dues, you do not know how to make payment.
These are just a few and you would certainly have many more. The income tax number would help you solve most of your questions or queries related to efiling. However, when we tried calling the Income Tax number for resolving queries we got an answer back: "Sorry the network is congested".
We are not sure how and when one is going to get through to the income tax department helpline, given the fact that there could be several thousands of people who are stuck with their returns and need their queries to be solved.
What information you need when e-filing tax returns?
Instead of calling the Income Tax Department helpline to solve your queries and ask questions that are already highlighted so often, we suggest you trying researching a bit on the internet and most of queries will go through. There are also income tax portals that help you solve your queries. Here are a few things that you should also keep ready.
1) Login ID and password to the income tax portal.
2) For quicker refund please link your aadhar card.
3) Make sure your bank details are updated or else the IT authorities will send refund to an account that may have been closed by you.
4) Update your address with the authorities.
5) Make sure you have viewed an opened to check for form 26AS. It is a must.
6) Keep form 16 ready.
Do not simply ask your queries and waste time calling the number for basic income tax related questions. It would be extremely difficult to get through.
Other important things to note when filing e tax returns?
Remember, the last date for filing tax returns is July 31, 2016. So please file your tax returns before that. It is also important to remember that there would be an interest that is levied on the income tax due. Apart from this there would also be a fine that is applicable.
If you have made extra tax of there is a tax refund due, the same would be credited to your bank account. In case you have not received your income tax refund from the previous years, you can login and there is a section where you can apply for a tax refund.
Also, as mentioned earlier, please notify the tax department of a change in bank accounts as the refund will otherwise end up going nowhere.