With India moving towards cashless economy, it is high time for individuals to pay bills online using Paytm.
Using Paytm, individuals can pay bills easily by entering their consumer number. Wallets like Paytm provides cash back on paying utility bills with them.
How to pay utility bills using Paytm wallet?
1. On the Paytm app or website please select the 'Electricity' icon.
2. Select your 'Electricity Board'.
3. Please enter your 'Consumer Number' as mentioned on your Electricity bill.
4. Click 'Proceed' to get your bill details.
5. Verify the displayed bill details.
6. Proceed to pay the desired amount.
7. Next you will reach a coupons/promo code screen.
8. Individual who are having a promocode please apply it on this screen. Also, in case you are interested in some coupons from Paytm partners you can choose them on this screen.
9. Select the mode of payment and enter the details.
10. Receive status of your bill payment.
Note that it may take up to 2 business days to process your bill payment by your Electricity provider. Along with utility bills, individuals can make their insurance premium payment also.
Make sure to enter correct consumer number and pay the bill before the due date as it may take two days to process your bill.