Bank customers can go cashless with HDFC UPI app, where one can transfer funds easily without sharing personal details like account number, IFSC Code or mobile number.
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is a unique payment system which enables a customer to make a payment request from a smartphone.
How to get HDFC UPI app?
Most of the bank customers would have received an SMS on their registered mobile number to activate HDFC UPI app.
Incase you don't have HDFC Bank Mobile Banking App. The link will redirect you to Google Play store to download HDFC Bank Mobile Banking App.
- Once the page is open, enter details such as mobile number
- Generate Virtual Payment Address (VPA)
- Enter name as per bank records
- Enter your registered email address as per bank records
- Enter the last four digits of the HDFC Bank account which is linked to the VPA. The account linked can be changed after activation.
The VPA can be activated by Clicking Activate Button, which will generate a temporary MPIN the same can be used for the 1st transaction.
Note that first transaction will have a limit of Rs 5,000 and after which you need to Set MPIN of your choice.
VPA is an identifier created which is uniquely mapped to your bank account.
How to set your HDFC MPIN?
You can use an existing MPIN created for HDFC Bank account for IMPS based transactions. Please create a new MPIN if not already created.
1. Tap on UPI option on the MobileBanking App and go to Set MPIN option
2. Select Account for which MPIN
3. Enter Debit Card Details
4. Enter the MPIN of your choice
5. Set MPIN
How to transfer funds using UPI?
1. Login HDFC Bank Mobile Banking app
2. Go to UPI option
3. Go to Pay option
4. Select the account
5. Select the Payee Address Type as Virtual Address
6. Enter the Virtual Address of the payee, amount, and description
7. Click Confirm
8. Enter your MPIN and complete the transaction
Individuals can set a default account in case of multiple accounts in HDFC Bank. HDFC UPI service is currently available for android phone users only.