Paytm is familiar to everyone after demonetization. This digital wallet allows you do many things without paying cash physically.
It is possible to add money to your Paytm wallet via net banking, credit and debit cards, and Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform.
Now the option to add money to Paytm Wallet using UPI is only available via web interface only. You can not avail this facility in your mobile app.
Check how to add money to your Paytm wallet using UPI:
1. Visit paytm.com and log in using your username and password.
2. Click on Paytm wallet on the top right corner. Enter the money you want and click on add money to the wallet button.
3. A payment page will be opened. In the new window on the left panel, you can see options to add money. The options will be adding money using the credit card, debit card, net banking and the UPI option.
4. Select the UPI, option. Then you need to enter the Virtual Payment Address (VPA). VPA is an address which is used in place of bank account address. Enter your VPA.
5. This will send the collect request on your UPI ID. After this open your UPI app. Enter your four digit UPI pin.
6. The user will get two options as accept and reject. By clicking on accept you can complete the transaction. Rejecting will decline the transaction. The notification will be sent to Paytm
If you want to collect money from your friends, you can send a request to their UPI ID.