It is highly possible that you have lost or misplaced your PAN card. In that case you can apply for the reprint of a PAN Card, provided that you have already been allotted a PAN Number earlier.
Here is the process in simple steps to apply for duplicate PAN card:
1) To begin with click on: NSDL TIN
2) Once you are at the website, you have to look at the section called "Application Type" and scroll below for options. Under that you have to choose "reprint PAN".
3) Put details on the forms like Name, Date of Birth etc. After this you have to enter the captcha. After you fill a link would be sent to your email ID with the token number. You would see "proceed" with online application.
You have to then tick on the declaration and submit. Your signature also has to be uploaded and the acceptable format is JPEG, 200 DPI, Color and Dimension should be 2X4.5 cms, Max File size 50kb.
If the application is for re-issuance of a PAN card without any changes in PAN related data of the applicant, fill all fields in the form but do not select any box on left margin.
In case of either a request for Change or Correction in PAN data or request for re-issuance of a PAN Card without any changes in PAN data, the address for communication will be updated in the ITD database using address for communication provided in the application.
STEPS FOR ONLINE APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST
Applicant will fill PAN Change Request Form online and submit the form. The same form will be applicable for citizens as well as non-citizens of India.
Applicant can select any one of the following four options while filling online PAN Change
1) Physical acknowledgement: Applicant has to print the successfully generated application form, affix recent color photographs, duly sign in the space provided, & forward along with prescribed supporting documents to NSDL e-Gov at below specified address.
2) Digital Signature Certificate (DSC): In DSC option, an applicant needs to upload scanned images (as per defined parameters) of photo, signature and supporting documents while making application. No need to send PAN application form and supporting document to NSDL e-Gov.
3) Aadhaar based e-Sign: In Aadhaar based e-Sign option, an applicant needs to upload scanned images (as per defined parameters) of photo, signature and supporting documents while making application. Aadhaar would be considered as supporting document. No need to send PAN application form and supporting document to NSDL e-Gov.
4) Aadhaar based e-KYC: In Aadhaar based e-KYC option, Aadhaar details would be considered as PAN application details (Name, Date of birth, Gender, Residential Address, Email ID, Mobile Number & Photograph) and Aadhaar as supporting document and would be forwarded to Income Tax Department for allotment of PAN. All these fields are non-editable. The photograph used in Aadhaar card would be used in PAN card and there is no need to upload supporting document, Photo and Signature. PAN card will be dispatched at address mentioned in Aadhaar. No need to send PAN application form and supporting document to NSDL e-Gov.
If the data submitted fails in any format level validation, a response indicating the error(s) will be displayed on the screen. The applicant shall rectify the error (s) and re-submit the form.
If there are no format level error(s), a confirmation screen with data filled by the applicant will be displayed. The applicant may either edit or confirm the same.
If communication address is within India, then the fee for processing PAN application is Rs. 107.00 (Rs. 93.00 + 15% service tax). Payment can be made either by Demand Draft, Credit Card / Debit Card or Net Banking.