Now, Aadhaar cards are must for everyone. From availing mid-day meal in school to filing income tax returns people need to produce Aadhaar card number.
An individual of any age can apply for Aadhaar card number in India. Children and kids above one year of age can apply for the unique identification number.
Why kids need Aadhaar?
Now Aadhaar is mandatory for many things in day to day life. Last month government made Aadhaar mandatory for children to obtaining the midday meal scheme. Now many schools insist parents produce Aadhaar card during school admission. The ministry of human resource development announced that the midday meal would no longer be free for children without an Aadhaar card. It was stated that children must be enrolled in the Aadhar scheme by June 30, if they were to get a free meal.
How to apply for Aadhaar card for kids
The basic procedure of applying Aadhar card for kids and adults are the same. The only differences are regarding the documents which you need to submit and that parents have to link their Aadhaar cards to the children. Now You Need Aadhaar For These 14 Things
Know how to apply for Aadhaar card for kids in India:
Things to know
- If your child is above one year of age, you can get an Aadhar card your kid.
- No biometric data such as fingerprints etc., will be collected for children below 5 years age. Because child's biometrics data keeps frequently changing up to 5 years old.
- When the kid become 5 years old his or her biometric data, including fingerprint scan and iris scan would be taken. There will be no change for the Aadhaar card number. It won't change.
- After the kid reaches 15 years of age biometric data will be collected once again. This will be the final biometric data recording.
There are not many documents required for applying for Aadhar card for kids. The following documents are necessary for making an application:
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Aadhar card details of the child's parents
- Address proof of the child's parents
- Identity proof of the child's parents
Process Of Aadhar Card For Child Online Registration
1. Visit Unique Identification Authority of India's (UIDAI) website and go to the Aadhaar card registration link.
2. Procure the required form. Fill the details such as the name of the kid, Phone number of the parent, e-mail id of the parent, etc. Make sure to give your permanent number and e-mail address.
3. After filling personal details, provide demographic details such as the state, district, locality, location of the parents, etc.
4. Click on Fix Appointment button. It would fix an appointment at the Aadhaar Card Enrollment Center or e-Seva Kendra. You've selected.
5. Afte fixing the appointment just head for the office on the date of the appointment. Make sure you take the documents mentioned above and the reference number along with a print out of the form to the center with you on the date of the appointment.
6. At the Centre, all documents including the parents' Aadhaar card will be verified.
7. After verification, if the child is above 5 years old, his or her biometric details will be taken and then linked to their Aadhaar card.
Post verification procedure
After the audit and successful enrollment, the applicant will be given an Acknowledgement number. This number is a temporary record number to help you verify your application.
Aadhaard card delivery
When the verification is complete, you will receive an SMS that the process has been successful on the same number you entered during the online appointment process. Once you got this SMS from UIDAI, you will get your Aadhaar card physically sent to you within 60 days of the SMS. Linking Aadhaar With PAN: What To Do If Name On Aadhaar Does Not Match With PAN?