|ABG Shipyard Ltd., the flagship company of ABG group was incorporated in the year 1985 as Magdalla Shipyard Pvt. Ltd. with the main objects of carrying Shipbuilding and Ship Repair business. In a span of 15 years from the year 1991, the company has achieved the status of the largest private sector shipbuilding yard in India with satisfied customer base all around the world. The registered office and the yard are situated at Surat in the state of Gujarat and the corporate office is in Mumbai.
Our Shipyard has state of the art, manufacturing facilities including a Ship-lift Facility with a lift capacity of 4500 tons, side transfer facilities, CNC plasma cutting machine, Bending rolls, Hydraulic press, Cold shearing machine, Frame bending machine and steel processing machinery. The Shipyard also has blasting shop and fabrication shop covered in 4 bays of 150 x 30 M each equipped with 20T EOT Cranes. The manufacturing process is in line with world-class standards and the Yard is certified by DNV for ISO 9001:2000.
During past decade, the Shipyard has constructed and delivered Eighty-eight (88) Vessels including Specialized and Sophisticated vessels like Interceptor Boats, Self Loading and Discharging Bulk Cement Carriers, Floating Cranes, Articouple Tugs and Flotilla, Split Barges, Bulk Carriers, Newsprint Carriers, Offshore Supply Vessels, Dynamic Positioning Ships, Anchor Handling Tug Supply Vessels, Multi-purpose Support Vessel, Diving Support Vessels, etc. for leading companies in India and abroad.
ABG Shipyard has successfully delivered 2 Nos. Interceptor Boats (45 knots vessels) in Aluminium hull with Water Jet Propulsion to the Indian Coast Guard, 2 x 4000 DWT Cement Carriers for Cement Ambuja International, Mauritius, 4 x 50T Bollard Pull SRP Tugs for Wijsmuller, Holland (An A.P.Moller & Co.). The most recent deliveries have been 4 x 60.8M Anchor Handling Tugs / Supply Vessels & 1 x 42M Well Head Maintenance Vessel (Aluminium Hull) for Halul Offshore, Doha, Qatar, 1 x 50M Well Test / Supply Vessel and 1 x 56M Well Test / DPS-2 Vessel for Al Mansoori Production Services, Abu Dhabi, 3 x 47M Â 80T Multipurpose Vessel for Lamnalco Group, Sharjah, 4 x Utility Vessel for Zamil Operation & Maintenance Company Ltd., 1 No. 60.8M Diving Support Vessel Â DP1 Halul Offshore Co., Doha are ready for delivery and 1 No. 83.5M Dynamic Positioning Â DP2 Type Vessel with Diesel Electric Propulsion for Consolidated Contractors Construction Co., UAE.
The Yard has recently been awarded an order for 2 Nos. 53M Â 90T B. P. ASD Vessels from Lamnalco Group, UAE. We have also received Orders for 1 No. 90M Pipe Lay Barge, 5 Nos. 61M Anchor Handling Tug Supply Vessels and 1 No. 78M DPS-2 Diving Support Vessel from Maridive, Egypt, 3 Nos. 94M Pollution Control Vessels for Indian Coast Guard,
4 Nos. Articoupled Barges for Essar Shipping, 4 Nos. 63M Anchor Handling Tug Supply Vessels from Seatankers Management Co. Ltd., Norway and 1 No. 60.8M Offshore Supply / Supply Vessel from VROON B. V., Netherlands. ABG Shipyard Ltd is also proud of getting a prestigious order for 500 passenger vessel from the Administration of Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair, which is under construction presently.
The Yard has Multiple Building Berths, 2 Dry-docks, 125 m x 22.5 m X 5.6 m Fitted with Computerised Synchronous Shiplift Platform, of 4500 Tonnes Lifting Capacity and 155 m X 30 m x 7.5 m, Graving Drydock served by 80-T Goliath Crane span 50 m, height 35 m. and substantial cranage like NCK Rapier 150T Capacity, Tata P & H Make, 60-T Capacity, HM Make, 50-T Capacity, PPM 80T Capacity. The ÂShiplift FacilityÂ enables the yard to simultaneously build and repair many vessels and gives the yard a tremendous logistical advantage and flexibility.
The Shipyard has executed many prestigious Shipbuilding and Ship-repair contracts against stiff International Competition for both Export and Domestic Markets. All these vessels have performed very well, thus establishing its reputation for building and delivering vessels of the best quality at competitive prices and delivery periods. The Ship Repair Division has successfully repaired and refurbished Dredgers, Ethylene Carriers, Bulk Carriers, Offshore Supply Vessels and Coast Guard Vessels.
-ABG Shipyard's initial public offering (IPO) of 85 lakh equity shares has been priced Rs 155-185 per share.
-ABG Shipyard secures order from Lamnalco, Cyprus
-ABG Shipyard secures order from Vroon BV.
-ABG Shipyard Ltd has informed that the Company has secured a repeat order, from Gujarat Ambuja Cements Ltd (GACL) for construction of 1 No. Self Loading & Unloading vessel of 4000 DWT Bulk Cements Carrier at a price of USD 9.90 Mio. Approximately.
-ABG Shipyard Ltd has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for acquisition of Vipul Shipyard (Vipul) situated adjacent to the Company's existing shipyard at Magdalla Port, District-Surat, Gujarat.
-ABG Shipyard Ltd has informed that Lamnalco Ltd, Cyprus has placed repeat order for 2 vessels amounting to USD 34.20 million. The vessels will be a 53 M LOA 80T B P Azimuthing Production Support Vessel.
- ABG Shipyard Ltd has bagged a prestigeous order for the construction of 3 units of sub-sea multi purpose vessels from Sealion Shipping Ltd on behalf of Toisa Ltd. These vessels are designed for a world class subsea and ROV support duties. The total order size is approx. Rs. 585 cr (US $ 136.65 Mio).
- ABG Shipyard Ltd has appointed Mr. Ashwani Kumar as an Additional Director (independent Director) of the Company at the Board Meeting held on December 08, 2009.
- Mr. Ashwani Kumar has been appointed as an Additional Director (independent Director) of the Company.
- ABG Shipyard, the ship builder, today said it has bagged a contract valued at USD 85.5 million (about Rs 376 crore) for the construction of three cement carriers.
- India-based ABG Shipyard Company, the flagship company of ABG group, India's leading private shipbuilder, has entered into a joint venture (JV) with Sierra Leone based Sierra Leone Exploration Mining Company (SLEMCO) for mining bauxite in northern Sierra Leone.
- Company has been awarded with a 'Shield for Star Performer as Large Enterprise' in the product group of Miscellaneous Transport Equipment and Parts in recognition of Company's outstanding contribution to Engineering Exports.
- "ABG Bags Order worth approx. USD 82.5 Million (approx. Rs. 370.00 crores)".
- "ABG bags Export order worth Rs. 2000.00 crores for construction of 2 Jack Up Rigs".
- Company has signed first of its kind contract with INDIAN NAVY for construction of two CADET TRAINING SHIPS.
- ABG Shipyard - ABG Bags Order for Construction of 6 No. Bollard Pull AHTS Vessels Worth USD 101.40 Million (Approx. Rs. 500 Cr).
- Mumbai based shipbuilding company, ABG Shipyard today said it has received an order worth Rs 485 crore from Indian Navy for construction of 1 additional Cadet Training Ship.
-ABG Shipyard Ltd has informed that the Company has appointed Mr. Sunil Agarwal as Company Secretary of the Company with effect from April 01, 2013.
-ABG Shipyard Ltd has informed that the Company has appointed Mr. Rajesh Tulsiani as Chief Financial Officer of the Company w.e.f. March 01, 2013
-ABG Shipyard Ltd has informed that the Company has appointed Mr. Hasmukh D. Daftary as Chief Financial Officer of the Company w.e.f. December 18, 2014 in place of Mr. Rajesh Tulsiani, who has resigned and ceased from the office of Chief Financial Officer of the Company.