- The Company was incorporated on 2nd March, by conversion of
partnership firm namely M/s. Adani Exports into a limited company. The
company was promoted by Shri Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani. The
Company was engaged in the business of exporting frozen foods, dyes and
intermediates, plastic products, agricultural products etc. to about 28
countries all over the world.
- Adani Managment Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd. was amalgamated with
the company. As per the scheme of amalgamation the company issued
5,00,000 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 140 per share
to the shareholders of AMCSPL in the ratio of one equity share of the
company for every ten equity shares of AMCSPL.
- The Company offered 12,50,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a
premium of Rs 140 per share to public. All were accepted. Additional
11,900 shares allotted to retain oversubscription.
- 37,50,000 shares were allotted to promoters, their friends and
relatives. 12,61,900 shares were allotted to public.
- During the year under review your Company has introduced itself into
Stock market with maiden public issue in September, 1994 for 12,50,000
Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- each at a premium of Rs. 140/- per share.
- AMCPL entered into Amalgamation with AEL, a group company of Adani
Group. In order to achieve higher economies of scale.
- 55,11,800 No. of Equity shares allotted in propn. 1:1. 100 forfeited
shares were reissued.
- Authorised capital reorganised. Pref. shares issued on private
- The board decided to issue equity shares and preference shares and/or
fully or partly convertible debentures or warrant bonds and any other
securities through public issue or private placement, preferential
allotment, rights issue etc., subject to the approval of shareholders
up to a limit of Rs.30 crores.
- Eastern Generation, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU)
with Adani Exports Limited to jointly develop, own and operate
coal-fired power projects in the country.
- The Rs 1,600 crore Adani Exports Limited has decided to enter into a
joint venture with the Gujarat government to build a mega port at
Mundra in Kutch district.
- In mid-October, Adani signed a letter of intent with the Gujarat
government to develop a port and set up a 3,000 hectare industrial
- The Company has received LOI from Gujarat Government to set up a
Naptha-based 54MW Power Plant at Anjar in Kutch.
- Adani Global Limited was incorporated as a Company's wholly owned
subsidiary in Mauritius upon receipt of necessary approvals from the
Reserve Bank of India and Government of India for the purpose of Direct
- Adani Exports Ltd, the Rs. 1,700-crore trading house, has
incorporated Adani Eastern Generation Company Ltd (AEGCL), a 50:50
joint venture company with the UK power maintenance giant - Eastern
- The Rs.340 crore project is promoted by Adani Exports Ltd on the
basis of the build-own-operate-transfer (BOOT) format. The concession
pact has been signed for 30 years from the date of commissioning. The
Adani port will be the second private sector port in the country after
Gujarat Pipapav Port Ltd.
- Adani Exports and Wilmar Trading Pte signed a memorandum to form a
50:50 joint venture company. The equity base of the company named
Adani Wilmar is $6 million.
- A joint venture between Gujarat Port Infrastructure Development
Corporation and Adani Port is operational at Mundra in Gujarat since
- The board of directors of Adani Exports Ltd (AEL) declared a 1:1
bonus issue to the equity shareholders. The move led to the scrip
closing at the Mumbai Stock Exchange (BSE) at an all-time high of Rs.
- GCC (Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry) Export Appreciation
Award for the year 1997-98 in recognition of commendable performance in
merchandise exports from Honble Union Commerce Minister Shri
Ramakrishna Hegde in June.
- The Company and Wilmar Trading Pte Limited have signed a Memorandum
of Understanding (MoU) to form a 50:50 joint venture company with
equity base of equivalent of $ 6 million.
- Adani Exports, one of India's largest trading houses, has entered the
packaged edible oil market with the launch of its new brand 'Fortune'
- The Company received Texprocil Silver Trophy for outstanding export
performance in Fabrics amongst top exporters (Merchant) for the year
- Texprocil Silver Trophy for outstanding export performance in Fabrics
amongst top exporters (Non-quota exports) for the year 1998-99.
- The Company has entered into an agreement with both National
Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and Central Depository Services
(India) Limited (CDSL) to facilitate the shareholders of the Company to
avail demat facility.
- Shri Indravadan A. Modi resigned as a Director of the Company with
effect from 10th February.
- Adani Wilmar Ltd., a 50:50 joint venture between the Adani Exports
Ltd. and US $2.5 billion Wilmar Holding Pte Ltd. of Singapore, intends
to launch its own vanaspati under the brand name 'Raag'.
-Mr.Biswajit Choudhury is appointed as the Nominee Director on the Board
of the company.
-Shanxi Corporation ties up with Adani Exports Ltd for providing 1-1.5m tonnes
of coal in India.
-Mr Birva C Patil is appointed as the Compliance Officer and Company Secretary
of the company in place of Mr. Hemendra C Shah.
-Adani Enterprises Limited has appointed Mr. Parthiv Parikh as Assistant Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of the Company w.e.f. September 17, 2007.
- Adani Enterprises Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on September 26, 2008, has appointed Mr. Yoshihiro Miwa as an Additional Director of the Company.
-Adani Enterpries Ltd has signed an exclusive joint venture agreement with Chemoil.
-Adani gets into cement