1988 - The company was incorporated on 28th July, as Krone
Communications, Pvt. Ltd. It was converted into a Public Ltd.
Company on 4th August, 1989. The Company was promoted jointly by
Krone AG Germany, Karnataka State Electronics Development
Corporation, Ltd. (KEONICS) and M.L. Thukral and his associates.
- The main objectives of the Company is manufacture of telephone
connectors including black panel connectors and allied products
for telecommunications cable network and industrial cabling
- The Company entered into a technical and financial arrangement
with Krone AG for implementation and management of the project
including erection of plant, technology transfer training,
quality control and product development etc.
- The Units' manufacturing facilities are set up in rented factory
at 30(C), II Phase, Peenya, Bangalore. KEONICS allotted 10 acres
of land for construction of a factory. CNC moulding machines,
were procured from Engal of Austria and injection moulding tools,
jigs, fixtures etc., from Krone, AG.
1990 - 9 No. of Equity shares subscribed for by signatories to the
Memorandum of Association. 39,99,221 shares of Rs.10 each then
issued at par of which the following were reserved and allotted
on a firm basis:
- (i) 16,00,000 shares to Krones AG;
- (ii) 4,40,000 shares to KEONICS and
- (iii) 4,39,991 share to ML Thukral and his associates. Of the
remaining 15,20,000 shares, 2,00,000 shares reserved and allotted
on a preferential basis to employees.
- The balance 13,20,000 shares offered to the public during May
1991. Additional 8,00,000 shares allotted to retain
oversubscription (66,000 share to KEONICS, 66,000 shares to
Thukral & associates, 2,40,000 shares to Krona AG, 30,000 shares
to employees' and 1,98,000 shares to the public).
2000 - Krone Communications Ltd., has announced a strategic tie-up with
telecom major ITI for marketing its cabling and connection
systems to address the large enterprise networking market.
- The Company, the wired and data & telecommunications network company, is
in the process of setting up a new Rs 5 crore manufacturing unit in Bangalore
which will serve as a base for global outsourcing.
-Delist from Delhi Stock Exchange (DSE) with effect from September 2, 2004
-Krone launches Copperten 10Gb cable technology