1980 - The Company was incorporated on 19th September 1980 under the
name and style Advanced Micronic Devices (P) Ltd and was
converted into a Public Company on 18 th July, 1994. The
Registered Office of the Company was shifted from the State of
Maharastra to the State of Karnataka in March, 1994.
- Advanced Micronic Devices (P) Ltd. was promoted by Mr.K Vijaya
Raghavan and Mr.S N Kumar, to provide technical consultancy in
the areas of Cardiac Care and Computer based Systems.
1988 - The Company was given the license to manufacture Electronic
Teaching Aids and Microprocessor based Personnel Computers.
1990 - The Company was authorised to manufacture Fetal Monitoring
Systems and Multi channel ECG Machines.
1993 - In September, the Company signed with AST Research Inc.USA, who
are the 4th largest PC manufacturers in USA for promoting and
supporting latest computer systems, in India.
1996 - The Company has tied-up with Echelon Corporation, who have
innovative solutions for Industrial and Building Automation.
1997 - The Company tied up with Digital Equipment India Ltd. (DEIL).
- The Company has tied up as a Value Added Provider (VAPI) with
Microsoft and Boston Management Consultants.
- AMD launched two new chips, the K-5 PR-133, and the K-5,
PR 120 in India.
1998 - The Company tied-up with Nitinol Medical Technologies, USA to
promote their products in India.
1999 - AMDL has tied up with the ACS division of the US-based Guidant
- The company recently signed two contracts with a US computer firm
for developing software packages in India
2000 - The Company issued equity shares to promoters, friends and
associates on preferential basis on April 13.
- The company has joined the software bandwagon forging strategic
alliances in futuristic technologies to gain an edge.
- The company has tied-up with Echelon Corporation of the USA.
- The Company introduced its first branded desktop in the country
with Mumbai-based computer vendor Rashi Peripherals launching AMD
Athlon 1 GHz systems in its fusion series of computers.
- The Company is to hive off its healthcare division into a
- The Company launched two processors in the domestic market and
tie up with the infotech arm of the Rs 900 crore S Kumars group,
S Kumars.com. Called 'AMD Duron' and 'AMD Athlon'.
2001 - The US-based AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) has launched its 850 MHz
Duron processor in India at a price of $149 each in 1,000-unit quantities.
-Appointed Mr Y K Gauba as Whole Time Director of the company.
-Advanced Micronic bags BMTC order
-Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) launched its Sempron range in India within a week of its worldwide launch
- Semiconductor maker Advanced Micro Devices on Jan 4, declared the expansion of its R&D centre in Hyderabad and targets to concentrate on intellectual property creation in the areas of next generation consumer electronics, graphics capabilities and microprocessors.