- The Company was incorporated on 25th March, as a Private Limited
Company under the Act, in the name of Aftex Business Machines Private
- Some of the Products developed by Aftek include GIST UNIX driver
developed for C-DAC, Terminal firmware of AD-100, AD-100+, AD-101,
CT-220, Pegasus - an advanced terminal sub-system drivers for
UNIX/XENIX/DOS, Novel Netware driver for Lock etc.
- The Company was converted into a Public Limited Company by a special
resolution passed on 28th October. The Certificate of change of name
was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra at Mumbai, on
- The Company is promoted by technocrats with the purpose of bringing
modern and affordable technology, specially in computers, to India. It
is engaged in manufacture of IBM compatible Personal Computers and
microprocessor based peripherals namely terminals, hand held devices,
add on cards such as Intelligent Terminal Sub-systems etc.
- Aftek Sales and Service Pvt. Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary
Company of Aftek Business Machines Limited.
- The Company proposes to expand its activities by undertaking Software
Exports, and introducing new and innovative products viz. Multilingual
Terminal & Network Node for Indian languages, Personal Data Assistant
(PDA), and Software based Bar Code Decoder.
- Aftek proposes to purchase the computer systems and associated
software from reputed international manufacturers like IBM, Apple etc.
- The Company has developed a PDA prototype based on X-80
microprocessor. It proposes to develop another model with Intel family
of microprocessors for a range of PDAs with the same design blocks.
- The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the ratio of 3:7 by
capitalising its Free Reserves worth Rs 35 lacs on 21st November.
- Public issue was issued of Rs 19,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10
each for cash aggregating to Rs 300 lakhs which includes 12,50,000 No.
of Equity shares of Rs 10 each for cash at par to Indian Public and
Employees and firm allotment of 6,50,000 Equity shares of Rs 10 each
for cash at a differential premium of Rs 20 per share to NRIs and Rs 10
per share to Mutual Funds and Financial Institutions/Banks.
- The Company has forged alliance with and acquired prestigious
Distributorship from 'Tatung Company' - a five billion dollars
conglomerate from Taiwan.
- In order to reap full benefits from the increasing business prospects
the Directors have proposed to establish wholly-owned subsidiary
companies in US and HongKong.
- The Company's wholly-owned subsidiary company viz Aftek Sales And
Services Pvt. Ltd. has been non-functional for the last five years.
- The Company embarked upon a two-pronged strategy i.e. Special
Products and Software Exports for improving the bottom-line.
- The Company's Product Division which is responsible for creating the
software driven Aftek-PDA has also had a large amount of product
acceptance in the verticle market segment of transportation, banking
and para-banking having tremendous growth potential.
- The Company is currently working on an ambitious 'smart-card' project
with leading organisations as also in the areas of city commuting
transportation and access control.
- In line with Company's focused activities it is proposed to change
the name of the Company more appropriately to 'Aftek Infosys Limited'.
- The present Authorised Share Capital of the Company of
Rs.5,00,00,000/- (Rupees Five Crores only) divided into 50,00,000
(Fifty Lakhs) Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- (Rupees Ten only) each, be and
is hereby increased to Rs. 6,00,00,000/- (Rupees Six Crores only)
divided into 60,00,000 (Sixty Lakhs) Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- (Rupees
Ten only) each, by creation of 10,00,000/- (Ten Lakhs) Equity Shares of
Rs. 10/-each and that Clause V of the Memorandum of Association of the
Company be altered accordingly.
- The Company proposes to raise finance through issue of securities at
premium by private placement or preferential allotment or any
combination thereof as stated in the resolution.
- Aftek has a software development centre at Pune which employs 30
software professionals. It has developed software-driven products like
personal data assistant (PDA), smart card instruments, bar code readers
and multi lingual terminals.
- Aftek Infosys is a software-driven and Internet product company that
produces personal data assistant (PDA) machines for para-banking and
smart-card machines which are used in public transporation.
- The Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) sold its 9-lakh
shareholding in Aftek Infosys Ltd to the promoters at a 56 per cent
discount to the market price of about Rs. 1108.20.
- The Calcutta High Court has vacated an order on Mumbai-based Aftek
Infosys which will allow the company to use 'Infosys' in its registered
name and 'Aftek' as a trademark.
- The Company has been named India's first CA Certified Gold Partner
for developing 'Powersafe' a next generation UPS management software.
-Madhu Devi Saraf acquire 306908 shares amounting to Rs.5.11% of the total number of shares of the company.
-Mr Ashutosh Humnabadkar, Mr Pramod Broota, Mr Charuhas V Khopkar , Mr R U Malekar
and Mr Mukul Dalal resign from the board of the company.
-Informs the issue of 1,333,333 of Global Depositary Receipt , each representing 3 equity shares of Rs.10 upto $15 million at a price of US $ 11.25 is to be listed at Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
-Allots 39,99,300 equity shares of Rs.10 each against the GDR's.
-Acquires 49% stake in Munich based Arexera Information Technologies GmBH.
-Enters into a 50-50 joint venture with a UK based IT firm Aftek 3G Tel in the wireless and mobile area.
-MGE UPS Systems INC., Leaders in providing unsurpassed power protection solutions to computer data centers, telecommunications and industrial operations, has tied up with the Company's 100% owned American subsidiary, Opdex Inc to offer Powersafe(TM), an enterprise-class power management solution.
-Aftek Infosys Ltd has fixed January 29, 2004 as record date for the purpose of sub-division of equity shares from Rs 10/- per share to Rs 2/- per share.
-Aftek Infosys has bought a 56 per cent stake in Germany's Seekport Internet Technologies GmbH
-Aftek Infosys Ltd has informed that pursuant to the special resolution passed at the 19th Annual General Meeting of the Company held on September 29, 2006, the approval of Central Government has been obtained on October 24, 2006 for change of name of Company from 'Aftek Infosys Ltd' to 'Aftek Ltd'.
- Aftek Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on November 27, 2007, has appointed Mr. Sandip Save as Additional Director of the Company.