1984 - The company was incorporated on September 20, under the name of
BDT business Ltd. It was promoted by the Buxa Dooars Tea Co.
(India) Ltd. and Mr. J.P. Kanoi, R.K. Kanoi and S.K. Kanoi.
- 1,00,107 No. of equity shares issued at par.
1989 - The name of the Company was changed to Kanoi Paper & Industries
Ltd. on 7th August.
- The plant and machinery installed include interalia pulp mill
which has been designed to produce 15,500 TPA of pulp an imported
second hand MG combination paper machine manufactured by AC
Dovies of W. Germany capable of providing 15,500 TPA of paper in
the range of 47 gsm to 120 gsm etc.
- 10,00,000 No. of equity shares allotted at par.
1990 - During April, the Company offered 26,49,893 No. of equity shares
at par as follows. 3,99,893 shares were offered to the
directors, their friends and relatives (all were taken up)
1,87,500 shares to the employees (only 62,800 shares taken up.
Balance added to the public issue) 2,25,000 shares to the SBI
Mutual Fund (all were taken up) 2,25,000 shares to the Canbank
Mutual Fund (all were taken up), 16,12,500 shares to the public
(All were taken up). Additional 3,37,500 shares allotted to
retain 15% over subscription along with 1,24,700 shares not taken
up by employees).
1994 - 3,900 No. of equity shares forfeited. Preference shares
1995 - 20,41,800 Right equity shares allotted in the ratio of 1:2 at a
premium of Rs 15 per share.
- Company name has been changed from Kanoi Paper & Industries Ltd. to Orion Paper & Industries Limited.
-Orion Paper & Industries Ltd has appointed Mr. Sumitro Mukherjee as an additional director of the Company w.e.f. June 27, 2008.
- Orion Paper & Industries Ltd has informed BSE that Mr. B K Taimni has been appointed as an Additional Director of the Company with effect from January 30, 2009.
- Company name has been changed from Orion Paper & Industries Limited.to Agio Paper & Industries Limited.