- Aksh Optifibre Limited (AOL) originally promoted by Choudhari and
Navani family with Dr Kailash S Choudhari as the sole promoter, was
established as a private limited company on March' 1986 in the name of
Aksh India Private Limited
- Aksh India Private Limited was converted into a public limited
company on March' 1994 and subsequently changed its name to Aksh
Optifibre Limited to properly reflect the core activities of the
- 2,50,000 No. of Equity Shares of Rs 10/- each were allotted on 6th
- 24,43,000 No. of Equity shares were allotted through Bonus in the
ratio of 1:4 on 30.03.2000.
- 3,65,000 No. of equity shares were allotted to Aksh Employees Welfare
Trust on 07.04.2000.
- 91,400 Redeemable Preference Shares were converted into 18,28,000 No.
of Equity Shares of Rs 5/- each on 22.04.2000. 59,68,950 No. of Equity
shares of Rs 5/- each were allotted on 1st August, 2000 through Public
- The Company has entered into a five-year contract with a Japanese
company for purchase of single mode matched clad perform to be used by
the company exclusively for its own use at its plant.
- All the plants are ISO-9002 certified by Underwriters Laboratories,
U.S. for drawing and insulating of nonferrous wire. The company is one
of the few which has capabilities of manufacturing Proof Cable which
used to manufacture bullet proof articles. In addition to domestic
market, the company exports cables to western markets like U.K.,
Indonesia and Thailand.
- During the year 2000, the company has entered into a scheme of merger
with Telecords (India) Private Ltd., as a major step towards backward
integration for manufacturing FRP rods, one of the principal raw
materials use to manufacture optical fibre cables and hence will be the
only one in India that manufactures FRP rods as well as optical fibre.
- The company has initiated steps to build an additional
state-of-the-art facility to manufacture FRP Rods, Optical Fibre and
Proof Cable at Khatushyamji - Ringus and has acquired 1,88,720 sq.mtrs.
of land with its installed capacity from 120,000 to 30,000 km per
annum. The company believes that its capacity to manufacture FRP rods
will be the highest in the world.
- The company is planning to expand their current capacities of optical
fibre cables to 2,10,000 ckm. Fibre capacity to 53,00,000 lkm and FRP
capacity to 10,00,000 km by Mar'02.
- AOL is in the process of incorporating two wholly-owned subsidiaries
which will be up and running within 15 months. Of these, one subsidiary
will offer telecom solutions to bandwidth owners and the other will
deliver convergence solutions (addressing the fiber-to-home domain)
through services like voice telephony, fast Internet downloads and
- Aksh Optifibre Ltd has informed that Smt Shobha Adlakha, Company Secretary has resigned from the post and has been relieved from duties w e f June 18, 2002.
-Aksh Optifibre Ltd has informed BSE that Mr Ashish Jain, Process members-corporate secretarial & legal has been appointed as the Compliance Officer of the Company.
-Mr Ashish Jain, Company Secretary has resigned.
-Mr Barinder Singh Maur, Process Member- Corporate Secretarial & Legal, has appointed as Compliance Officer of the company.
-Securities of Company voluntarily delisted from The Jaipur Stock Exchange Ltd (JSE)
- Aksh Optifibre Limited has appointed Mr. Vinod Kapoor as Additional Director on the Board of the Company.
-Aksh Optifibre Ltd has has entered into agreement with Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) for providing Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) service on the Broadband Network of MTNL in Delhi and Mumbai.
-Aksh Optifibre Ltd has appointed Mr. Narendra Kumbhat as Additional Director of the Company.
-Aksh Optifibre Ltd has signed an agreement with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL), for providing IPTV services in twenty cities in India on the broadband network of BSNL.
- Aksh Optifibre Ltd Successful renewal of ISO 9001:2008 by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL).
- Aksh Optifibre Ltd Became member of FTTH council.
- Aksh Optifibre Ltd Appointed Mr.Gaurav Mehta as a Company Secretary.
- Aksh Optifibre Ltd allotted 11,550,000 equity shares to eligible Qualified Institutional Bidders.
- Aksh Optifibre Ltd merger with Aksh Technologies Ltd.
- Company is undergoing the merger process, the Company has made an application to the Registrar of Companies (ROC) requesting to grant the Company the extension for convening the Annual General Meeting for the financial year 2011-12
- Board has recommended a Final Dividend @ 5% i.e. 25 paise per Equity Share (Face Value of Rs. 5/- per Equity Share).
- Aksh Optifibre wins $33M order for Indian rural broadband project.
-Aksh was elevated to the level of 2 Star Export House from 1 Star. 1 stop Aksh opens 8000 Kiosks.
-Capacity expansion in Optical Fibre by 100 %, Optical Fibre cable by 50% and Fibre Reinforced Plastic by 200 %. 1 Stop Aksh opens 10000 Kiosks.