1985 - The Company was incorporated on 30th July, at New Delhi, and
obtained the Certificate of Commencement of Business on 21st
January, 1986. The company has been promoted by Ashok Sarin,
Anil Sarin, M.L. Bhasin, H.L. Bhasin along with Haryana State
Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. The main object of the
Company is to manufacture glazed ceramic wall and floor tiles.
- The company undertook to set up a plant for the manufacture of
18,000 TPA of glazed ceramic wall & floor tiles (plain, coloured
& decorative). Land admeasuring 15 acres was acquired at
Village Bhudla, a notified backward are in Mohindergarh district
of Haryana State. And the tiles were sold under the brand name
- The company entered into an agreement with Henshall Bamford &
Partners of London, U.K. (HBP) for know-how, engineering
services, assistance in procurement of plant & machinery,
supervision of production and helping the company to achieve 80%
of capacity utilisation. In return for the services rendered
they were to be paid a minimum fee of Pound Sterling 3,32,000 in
three equal instalments plus reimbursement of out of pocket
expenses incurred on the foreign technicians.
1988 - Allotted 12,03,689 shares to Indian Promoters, directors, etc.,
6,69,011 shares to NRI promoters, their friends etc. and 5,07,300
shares to HSIDC.
1989 - 37,30,000 shares issued at par of which the following shares were
reserved and allotted on a firm basis;
- (i) 4,41,611 shares to promoters, directors, etc.,
- (ii) 4,91,689 shares to NRIs on repatriation basis;
- (iii) 1,46,700 shares to HSIDC and
- (iv) 2,00,000 shares to SBI Mutual Fund.
- Out of the remaining 24,50,000 shares, the following shares were
reserved for preferential allotment:
- (i) 3,05,500 shares to employees, etc. (none were taken up) and
- (ii) 7,50,000 shares to NRIs on repatriation basis (only 2,99,000
shares taken up).
- The balance 13,94,500 shares alongwith the 7,56,000 shares of the
preferential quota not taken up, were offered to the public in
August 1989. Additional 3,97,500 shares were allotted to the
public to retain over-subscription.
1992 - Margins improved mainly on account of stringent and effective
cost reduction measures taken by the Company and introduction
of higher valued added products.
1993 - Performance of the company was satisfactory despite fierce
competition and steep rise in input cost.
- As a part of diversification, the company purchased a running
unit for manufacturing of L.P.G. Cylinders with an annual
production capacity of 6 lakh cylinders of different sizes.
1994 - The company undertook expansion scheme by the addition of
equipment raising the production capacity from 3,500 sq. mtrs. to
8,000 sq. mts. per day.
- 9,85,000 No. of equity shares at par were allotted to the
Financial Institutions on conversion of rupee term loan.
1995 - The company proposed to undertake expansion scheme by the
addition of equipment including imported machines raising the
production capacity from 3500 sq. trs to 8000 sq. mts. per day.
- Effective May 25, the name of the Company was changed from Anant
Raj Clay Products Ltd. to the present one.
- The company allotted 30,00,000 No. of equity shares to the
promoters, Directors and their associate companies, relatives
etc. on preferential basis at the rate of Rs. 13 per share
(inclusive of Rs. 3 as share premium).
1997 - The promoters shall disinvest their equity shareholding in excess
of 40% within three years from the commencement of commercial
production by way of rights offer to the existing shareholders
(other than promoters) or by private placement with financial
institutions at a price not exceeding the prevailing market
-Delists securities from the Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd (DSE) with effect from March 20, 2006.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs2/-.