|Andhra Cement was incorporated on 9th December 1936 under the Indian Companies Act, 1913. The first unit with a capacity of 100 tonnes per day was commissioned at Vijayawada in 1940. The capacity was extended in three stages in 1951,1958 and 1970. By 1970, the total capacity of the factory reached 2.4 lakh tonnes of cement per annum. The company manufactures cement. It markets the products under the trade name 'Durga Brand'. During 1989-90 there was a sharp decline in Clinker and Cement production due to erratic and inadequate supply of coal, paucity of working capital, continuous power cut etc. During same year (1989-90), the company came under the provisions of the Sick Industrial Companies Act, 1985. During 1990-91, production increased significantly by 72% despite shortage of fuel, power cuts and severe paucity of funds.
-Delist from The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd (DSE) with effect from December 11, 2004.
-Andhra Cements Ltd has re-appointed Mr. K N Bhandari as 'Independent Director' of the Company w.e.f. August 21, 2007.