- The company was incorporated on 5th December, at Chennai. The company was promoted by Dr. Prathap C. Reddy and his associates. The Main object of the Company is to run Hospitals.
- The Company had set up a comprehensive 250-bed hospital with an emphasis on speciality and super specialities in over fifty departments at Greams Road, Chennai.
- The main items and medical equipment acquired included operating surgery unit, autoanalyser, angioscope, gamma cemera, CAT scan, etc.
- The hospital was to consist of cardiology department with CAT, head and body scan, two special operation theaters and four minor and four major operation theaters.
- 3,49,900 shares subscribed for by promoters, directors, etc. 26,50,100 shares were then issued at par out of which 9,50,100 shares were reserved and allotted on a firm basis to promoters, their friends, etc. (inclusive of 7,00,000 shares to NRI promoters).
- Out of the remaining 17,00,000 shares, 5,00,000 shares were reserved for preferential allotment to NRI and investors (from oil exporting developing countries but only 4,03,450 shares taken up. The balance 12,00,000 shares, along with 96,550 shares not taken up out of preferential quota were offered for public subscription during December.
- During November, simultaneously with the rights issue of equity shares, the company issued 2,00,000-15% partly convertible debenture of Rs 100 each as rights in prop. 5 debenture : 75 equity.
- Only 15,537 debentures were taken up. Another 98,133 debentures were allotted privately. The balance 86,330 debentures devolved on the underwriters. Interest on the debentures was payable in the form of equity shares at par for the first two years.
- The Convertible portion of Rs 20 out of the face value of each debenture was to be converted into 2 equity shares of Rs 10 each at par on the completion of 3 years from the date of allotment of the debentures.
- The non-convertible portion of Rs 80 out of the face value of each debenture was to be redeemed in 4 equity annual instalments at the end of the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10 year from the date of allotment of debentures.
- 12,50,000 shares issued at par as rights but only 4,80,301 shares taken up. Out of the balance 7,69,699 shares, 7,69,232 shares were allotted privately and 467 shares remained unallotted. Another 2,50,000 shares were allotted at par privately.
- 46 beds were added and the hospital was to add another 38 beds during 1986-87.
- The Apollo Health Association (AHA) was inaugurated in April, based on credit card system. As per this scheme, the Apollo health insurance policy holders get Medicare offered by Apollo and 76 accredited hospitals in selected cities.
- 29,600 shares forfeited in October, of which forfeiture on 1,050 shares was annulled. Another 12,850 forfeited shares were reissued. 2,56,772 shares were allotted at par in conversion of debenture interest.
- Till the end of June, 5,18,298 No. of equity shares were allotted in conversion of debenture interest and 2,27,340 No. of equity shares were allotted in conversion of debentures. Another 1,72,660 shares were allotted in conversion of debentures during the period from 1st April,
to 31st March, 1989.
- The hospital was equipped with Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), one more SOMATOMCR whole body computed Tomography scanner, Dideoendoscopy and Mammography, breast scanning equipment for the detection of occult carcinoma.
- The Apollo Hospital, Chennai was recognised for teaching and imparting training to doctors for the examination of Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, (FRCR), U.K.
- The Apollo group had finalised a joint venture project with the I.R.T.C. of Eye Micro Surgery, USSR to launch the Apollo Fyodorov Eye Research Institute.
- The Apollo school of nursing was commissioned in August which offers a 3 year diploma programme followed by internship in the hospital.
- 16 intensive care beds and 26 additional patient beds together with balancing equipment were added in various disciplines. Also a 24 hour ambulance service with wireless facility was to be launched shortly.
- The company also was setting up a 150 bed state-of-the-art cancer treatment and research centre in the heart of Chennai city on Mount Road.
- The Company had launched a city-wide ambulance service with wireless facility by stationing six Ambulances at strategic places in the city.
- Apollo cancer hospital, situated at Teynampet, Chennai, was commissioned.
- The Company was introduced state-of-the-art Bone Marrow transplant facility in Phase II expansion of cancer project in Chennai. Besides, the Company to install Gamma Knife equipment and facilities for organ transplantation.
- Allotted 54,17,831 shares as rights (prop. 1:1) and 4,850 shares to employees both at a prem. of Rs 10 per share.
- The bed strength was increased to 465 at the main hospital. A third theater was added for cardio thoracic surgery.
- 40,00,000 No. of Equity shares issued at a price of Rs 42 per share on private placement basis with various investment institution.
- Cancer hospital in Hyderabad was inaugurated on 19th February. The hospital was planning to introduce an innovative application of tele-technology with the launch of `Apollo Heartline' a simple device connecting to subscriber with a heart centre and giving expert opinion
instantly round-the-clock via telephone lines.
- The hospital has expanded its services to encompass preventive healthcare in the country.
- The Company has joined hands with the WHO with its mission to eradicate Tuberculosis in India. The Company has identified washermanpet area in Chennai for T.B. detection and iradication On world No. Tobacco day, an asthma clinic and counselling centre for
smokers was launched.
- 10,70,400 No. of Equity shares allotted on conversion of warrants issued to promoters on preferential basis.
- The Apollo Cancer Hospital Chennai, introduced specialised, effective and innovative cancer management offering a host of treatment to many kinds of cancer.
- With take over of Orient Hospital, Madurai and Pinakini Hospital, Nellore, the Company had added 300 more beds.
- Apollo college of nursing at Keezhkattalai was inaugurated on 21st October.
- Home health care facility was launched at Chennai, where the registered members will be provided medical consultation, treatments, preventive health check up at their door-steps. The other services include, polio drop DPT vaccinations to children, nasal oxygen therapy,
antienata check ups etc.
- Apollo Hospitals has signed a memorandum of understanding with Jardine of UK for successful adaptation of the healt maintenance organisations (HMO) concept for the first time in India by August-September.
- Apollo Hospitals launched a weekly health awareness programme, Apollo Health File, on the Telugu satellite channel Gemini.
- Apollo Hospitals Ltd has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Sri Lankan Government to build a super-speciality hospital in Colombo. This is the first time the speciality hospital group is venturing abroad with investments.
- Apollo Hospital Enterprises Ltd has launched its first poison information centre in the south.
- Apollo Hospitals is merging its group companies Deccan Hospitals, Hyderabad, and Indian Hospital Corporation, Chennai, along with Sindhoori Hotels, Chennai, to emerge as the leading healthcare unit in Asia.
- The Company has approved to issue up to 20,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each on private placement basis to FIIs, MFs, FIs and banks etc, at or above the price calculated in accordance with SEBI Guidelines.
- Apollo Hositals has announced the launch of its `Mednet' services for the medical fraternity in the country in collaboration with Wipro, NIIT, Satyam Online, ICICI and Citadel Health Ltd.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOC) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with healthcare major Apollo Hospitals for setting up pharmaceutical general stores at the convenience stores of Indian Oil petrol stations.
- The company has successfully placed 20 lacks equity shares with various FIIs at a premium of Rs. 355/- per share.
- The Company placed 20 lacs No. of equity shares with various FIIs at a premium of Rs 355/- per share.
- The Apollo Hospitals has lined up a string of equity tie-ups to fuel an agressive diversification plan in various healthcare-related areas.
- Apollo Hospitals Group and Royal College of General Practioners have entered into a tie-up to lauch three programmes for revalidating and updating the knowledge of primary healthcare physicians in India.
- Apollo Hospitals has launched a personal accident insurance card.
- Apollo Hospitals launched the `Apollo, the Italian Dental Cliniq' in the city.
- Apollo Hospitals has expanded its presence in healthcare with the launch of "Apollo, the Italian Dental Cliniq".
- The Delhi-based NIIT Ltd. and Apollo Hospitals Group are jointing hands to create `MeDVarsity', an Internet-based virtual medical university to cater to the medical fraternity.
- The Company has join the big league of pharma companies and research labs to garner a major share in the booming high-end biotechnology research business.
- Apollo Hospitals, the Chennai-based Rs 3,000 crore healthcare giant has inked an in-principle deal with the Singapore-based Parkway group, the Singapore-based Parkway group, the global leader in healthcare business, to spread its wings to AfroAsian countries.
- The Chennai-based Apollo Hospitals Enterprise has signed a memorandum of understanding with the government of Mauritius, appointing the Apollo Hospitals Group as the preferred healthcare provider for all the citizens of Mauritius.
- Apollo Hospitals has entered into a tie-up with a local hospital initially to deliver mother and child care.
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd has informed that Mr Atul Punj has resigned from the office of the Director of the company. Mr Habibullah Badsha has been co-opted to the Board as an Additional Director.
-The Apollo Hospitals Enterprises, has taken over the 50.26 per cent stake held by the Gauri Prasad Goenka in the Duncan Gleneagles Hospital for the amount of Rs 3 crore.
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd (AHEL) inaugurated the first of its hospitals in the 'First Med hospitals' chain at Chennai. The hospital is situated on the Poonamallee high Road and will provide emergency and trauma care to the neighbouring areas. The hospital will also have a multi-specialty acute care centre. The hospital will have over 25 specialties, including cardiology, neurology, nephrology, urology, orthopaedics and radiology.
-Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd has informed BSE that they have completed the sale transaction of 1,58,63,504 equity shares of Duncan Gleneagles Hospitals Ltd (DGHL) Kolkata (unlisted Company), previously held by Duncans Industries Ltd and its associates and the said shares have been registered in the name of company and its nominees in the books of DGHL.
-Apollo Hospitals, in tie up with ICICI Lombard has unveiled an accident insurance product.
-Apollo launches a dedicated paediatric cardiac facility for children.
-Apollo unveils a telemedicine facility at the government General Hospital, Eluru.
-Apollo bags an order worth $1 million contract to manage a hospital in Malaysia.
-Apollo Hospital sets up a 24X7 Chest Pain Clinic to offer round the clock and immediate
access to quality heart care during the critical period.
-Apollo hospital informs that it has been recognised as 'Superbrand of India' in the
-The Sagar Apollo Hospital becomes the first hospital in the country to adopt
electronic processing of Insurance claims.
-AFTL ties up with Apollo for health awareness campaign
-The hospital tied up with SBI to extend loan assistance for hospital treatment.
-The Apollo Group of Hospitals has entered into a major technology partnership with the Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) to leverage mutual strengths
-Apollo Hospital inks pact with Austrian institute
- Apollo Hospitals launched WE (Women's Health Empowerment) scheme offering them an exclusive Web site and a health card.
-opened a clinic with a 24-hour pharmacy and an ambulance service in the R.A. Puram suburb of Chennai
-Ms Shobana Kamineni, KEI Group - Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd has been elected as Chairperson of the CII-Southern Region for the year 2004-05
-Apollo Hospitals has announced the launch of the `Apollo National Heart Plan' comprising three components of the preventive mode, a disease management programme (DMP) and the actual treatment and surgery component
-Apollo Hospitals group on August 09 said it has entered into a partnership to provide advisory services to Hayel Saeed Anam (HSA) group, Yemen
-Mundra SEZ forges alliance with Apollo Hospital
-Apollo Hospitals forges alliance with Histotem
-Apollo Hospital Delhi gets JCI certification for its quality of care in a safe environment
-Apollo Hospitals join hands with Johns Hopkins
-Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd has informed that Dr. Prathap C Reddy, Chairman of the Apollo Hospitals Group singed the Joint Venture Agreement with Deutsche Krankenversicherung AG (DKV) on October 11, 2006.
-Taj, Apollo to forge alliance for medical tourism
-Apollo Hospitals to launch mobile service in rural areas
-Apollo Hospitals rolls out new scan method
-Apollo Hospitals acquires Zavata
-Apollo Hosp forges into health insurance biz
- Apollo Children's Hospital successfully performs complicated surgery on 4-month-old baby
- India's first keyhole multiple bypass surgery performed at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals New Delhi
- Apollo Hospitals has instituted a contemporary Neuro Rehabilitation Programme at the Main Hospital in Chennai.
- Apollo Hospitals wins Express Healthcare Awards
- Apollo Hospitals Website wins Web Marketing Association, USA's Web Awards in 3 categories
- Apollo Opens Hospital at Mauritius
- India's First Swine Flu Health Call Center at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Madurai
-Asia Pacific's most advanced CyberKnifeÂ® launched at Apollo Speciality Cancer Hospital
- Apollo Medical Centre opens Sultanate's first liver clinic
- Apollo Hospitals Launches It's 50th Hospital At Secunderabad!
- Apollo Hospitals and CISCO to bridge the Health Divide - ICT solutions to transform healthcare in suburban and rural areas
- Apollo Hospitals set up stem cell facility
- Apollo Hospitals to launch m-health services
- Apollo Hospitals Group ties up with British Medical Journal (BMJ) Group
- Apollo Hospitals wins the 'IndiaÂs Most Preferred Hospital' ViewerÂs Choice Award at the India Healthcare Awards announced by CNBC - TV18 and ICICI Health Insurance
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 5
- Stem Cell Therapy Program Launched by Apollo Bramwell Hospital, Mauritius
- Apollo Hospitals first in Chennai to use bio-resorbable stents
- Apollo Hospitals becomes the WorldÂs Second Busiest Solid Organ Transplant Centre
- Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital Launches Eastern India's first dedicated comprehensive Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
- Apollo Hospitals Group Website has been honored with the Internet Advertising Competition Web Award 2011
- Apollo Life launches M.I.N.D Line, tele-counselling helpline
- Apollo Hospitals announces the launch of the MRI-HIFU, a breakthrough, non-invasive technology, for treatment of uterine fibroids.
- Apollo Group of Hospitals launched the First of its Kind - Dental Wellness Center in India, the "WHITE", 7-star Dental Spa at Chennai.
- Apollo Hospitals successfully completes over 55 complex Robotic surgeries
- Apollo Hospitals Chennai launches the Apollo Foot Care Service
- Apollo Hospitals performs a complex Robotic assisted Urosurgery on a 7 year old African child
- Apollo Hospitals completes 929 solid organ transplants in a single calendar year
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata has won the "Institute for Competitiveness (IFC)" Mini Strategy Award.
-Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd has entered into a Rs 400 crore deal with Beam Applications S A (IBA) to set up a Proton Therapy Centre for cancer therapy in India.
-Indus Health has signed an agreement with Apollo Hospitals in Hyderabad to set up a new center in the city.
-Apollo Hospitals, Chennai has won an EXCELLENCE Award from Hospital Management Asia (HMA) for several categories.
-Apollo Hospitals launched The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Centre.
-Apollo Hospitals, Chennai inaugurated its first ever Apollo Insulin Pump clinic in the city.
-Apollo Hospitals ties up with US varsity for Patient care & Academics.
-Apollo Hospitals signs MoU to acquire HMSL.
-Apollo Hospital and US-based AliveCor Inc. has join hands to provide for patients an innovative mobile device to access cardiac screening tools. The device will enable Apollo Hospitals to tackle the problem of heart arrhythmias in their patients.
-Apollo Hospitals has been awarded the I.C.O.N.I.C IDC Insights Award 2014 for industry best practices by displaying innovation & creativity by raising the bar for adoption of technology in Health & Life Sciences Vertical.
-Apollo Hospitals, Chennai successfully performed a Robotic surgery for Cancer base of the tongue, a first of its kind in Tamil Nadu
-Apollo Hospitals and Fiji National University have signed an MOU for healthcare collaboration.
-Apollo Hospital launched at Indore.
-Apollo Health and Lifestyle Ltd. expands its footprint with the acquisition of Nova Specialty Hospitals
-Apollo Hospitals has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to facilitate hassle-free travel for patients from the North-East
-Apollo Hospitals won the National Business Excellence (BE) Star Awards organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry
-Apollo Hospitals successfully performs AsiaÂs first en-bloc combined heart & liver transplant, a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space.
-Southern Railways has joined hands with Apollo Hospital Chennai for 24/7 free emergency medical assistance at the Chennai Central Railway Station.
-Apollo Hospital won the Australian Service Excellence Award for 2015 for its high standards of Management, training and commitment to Excellence
-Apollo Hospitals acquires majority stake in Assam Hospitals
-Apollo ties-up with HESCG to build hospital in Hainan Province, China.
-Apollo receives National Awards for Excellence in Healthcare
-Apollo Hospitals launches a state of the art, world-class, contemporary super-specialty tertiary care hospital in Navi Mumbai
-Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad wins the Smartest Hospital Building 2016 award at the Network 18 And Honeywell Smart Building Awards 2016.
-Apollo Hospitals, Bilaspur, has received award for energy conservation by CREDA at Raipur