- Archies Greetings & Gifts Pvt. Ltd. was incorporated on 22nd May, and
took over the partnership firm. The Company was converted into a
Public Limited Company. Subsequently a fresh certificate of
incorporation was issued on 7th April, 1995.
- The company is currently engaged in the manufacture and trading of
wide range of cards, stationery and gift items. The company
manufactures about three lakh cards a day.
- The company entered into a technical collaboration with American
Greetings Corp., USA for designs. The items were sold under the brand
name of "Paper Rose".
- Archies also entered into a technical collaboration agreement with
Gibson Greetings Inc., USA for production and marketing of their
designs under the brand name "Fine Expressions".
- Archies has a licence from Helpage India, and institution that cares
for the less previleged and elderly people and the company creates an
exclusive range of greeting cards in the name of Helpage India.
- The Company designed one or more concept for sending greeting cards
called "Forgiveness Day". The installation of some new
state-of-the-art machines, increase in the number of galleries and
general growth in greeting card industry enabled the company to
increase its turnover and consequently its profitability.
- The company diversified into music industry and launched two
cassettes `Listen to my heart' an instrumental cassette in February
1997, on the occasion of Valentine's day and "Volume of Love", the
collection of Hindi pop songs in May 1997.
- The Company undertook to release one more album "Ae Mere Vatan" to
commemorate the 50th year of independence day.
- 21,04,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each issued, subscribed and
paid-up. 11,46,000 No. of equity shares were issued at a prem. of Rs
60 per share in May, of which 90,000 shares were issued and allotted to
promoters, directors on a firm allotment basis.
- Of the remaining 56,000 shares were reserved for allotment on a
preferential basis to employees of the company (only 8,600 shares taken
up). Balance 10,00,000 shares along with 47,400 shares and taken up by
employees issued to the public. Additional 3,700 shares allotted to
- The Company made a foray into a new venture-Music and a separate
division. The division released 10 high quality recordings which were
well received in the market. The Company automated its production
process with the latest machines. Twenty nine outlets were established
during the year.
- 76 franchisees were added and as at 31st March, 1999 there were 386
- The Company appointed distributors in USA, UK and Canada. Besides
the company has 14 franchisees outside India.
- The company undertook to develop inhouse scanning facilities and
install automatic envelope making machinery, insert-pasting machinery,
automatic greeting card folding machine, fully computerised paper
cutting machine, card packing machine and five colour offset printing
- The Company came out with a novel concept of Vision 2000 stores which
would be committed to Archies with 85% of shelf space. Moreover the
stores being bigger, would provide perfect ambience for shopping with
new consumer friendly furniture and fixtures of international quality.
- Also, a very innovative system of recorder ticketing was introduced
for effective inventory control. Two such stores, one at Nagpur and
the other at Delhi were opened.
- The Company recently introduced cards in Indian language such as
Marathi cards for Sankranthi, Gurumukhi cards for Baisakhi and for
Khalsa Tricentenary celebrations.
- The Company also introduced advertising campaign showing people a
million ways to celebrate in the millennium and to make their occasions
extra-special with cards and gifts from the company.
- To further strengthen the position in its core business, the company
entered into a tie-up, with Portal Publication USA for their exquisite
range of cards, posters & streamers including the best selling cards of
Anne Geddes, the world renowned photographer.
- New Delhi-based Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd (AG&G), has tied up
with Kingsley of UK to launch the `Kingsley' brand of greeting cards in
- Archies Greetings is a leader in the greeting cards segment.
Besides, it manufactures stationery and other gifts.
- Archies went public in 1996 with an issue of 10.56 lakh equity shares
at a premium of Rs 60 per share totalling Rs 7.40 crore. Of the
company's Rs 3.25 crore post-issue equity, 67.51 per cent shares are
held by the Moolchandanis, 7 to 9 per cent by domestic funds and the
balance is with the public.
- Archies Greetings and Gifts announced a 1:1 bonus for its
shareholders on an equity base of Rs 3.25 crore.
- Recently, Archies has introduced its millennium 2000 and vernacular
cards in Marathi, Sankranti and Gurumukhi.
- Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd (AGGL), a Delhi-based company engaged
in the greeting cards and gifts business, has recently test launched
its range of perfumes and deodorants for men and women and also room
fresheners as brand extensions in the gifts business.
- The New-Delhi-based Archies Greetings & Gifts (AG&G) is set to
commence valuing the `Archies' brand.
- The Company has launched a new range of greeting cards which are in
Hindi. It has introduced a total of 45 designs.
- On the occasion of Ram Navami, Archies Music, a division of Archies
Greetings and Gifts Ltd. has introduced Ram-Ramaiya, a soulful
rendition of Ram Bhajans.
- Archies has introduced an attractive range of cards to celebrate
- Archies Greeting and Gifts has launched a wide range of special
cards, gifts and posters on the occasion of Father's Day on 18th June.
- The Company has launched Sports Deodorant, in two variants, Boyz
Sports and Gals Sports.
- The Company has launched e-cards for the forthcoming festivals of
Navroz and Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Archies Greetings and Gifts Ltd. in a tie-up with Tera Jadoo Chal
Gaya, has introduced a range of merchandise featuring the film's stars,
Abhishek Bachchan and Kirti Reddy.
- Archies Greetings & Gifts is all set to launch its new product "Third
party gift" through archiesonline.com from September 16.
- The Company has launched a new range of cards on the occasion of
Bijoy or Durga Puja and Vijaya Dasmi in the South.
- Archies Parfum, a division of Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd., has
introduced a three-in-one gift pack for Diwali.
- ARCHIESONLINE.COM a 100 per subsidiary of Archies Greetings & Gifts
Ltd (AG&G Ltd) has launched a unique gift package for the cyber crazy
- Archies Parfun, a division of Archies Greetings and Gifts Ltd. has
introduced a `Twin Christmas Surprise' pack.
- Archies Music, the music division of Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd,
has launched two albums of Christmas Carols. The Joy of X'Mas and The
Magic of Christmas.
- Archies Greetings and Gifts Ltd. has introduced a range of cards,
gifts and e-cards on archiesonline.com for Valentine's Day.
- Archies Greetings and Gifts Lts. has introduced a range of cards on
the occasion of Women's Day, It has introduced eight card designs and
- The Company has introduced a range of cards and e-cards to celebrate
Easter on April 15.
-Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd has informed BSE that the Company has tied-up with the following parties for the sale of their products through its franchise network:
Cadbury India Ltd for sale of their chocolates and other products.Taneja Mines Pvt. Ltd for the sale of their Divinity range of products.
-The company has unveiled a new range of HelpAge cards, calendars and other stationery.
-shareholders have approved to delist equity shares from Pune, Madras, Calcutta, Delhi, Ahmedabad and Jaipur Stock Exchanges.
-Archies Limited has informed that the equity shares of the Company have been voluntary delisted from the Jaipur Stock Excange Ltd. w.e.f. November 29, 2003 and The Stock Exchange, Ahmedabad w.e.f. January 15, 2004.
-Archies Limited has informed that the Equity shares of the Company have been voluntary delsited from the following stock exchanges : 1) Madras Stock Exchange Ltd. wef January 19, 2004; 2) The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd. wef January 23, 2004; 3) Pune Stock Exchange Ltd .wef January 23, 2004.
-Archies open its biggest Gallery in Pacific Taj, Agra
-Archies Limited has informed that: "The Company Secretary Ms Rupa Sarkar has resigned w.e.f. 8th December 2007 and Mr. P. C. Joshi will take charge w.e.f. 17th December 2007 as a Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of the Company".
- The Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
- The Company has joined hands with CRY to celebrate as the girl child / daughter, as a child first day.
- The Company has joined hands with the "Hallmark" a $ 4 billion World leader in Social expression Company.
- The Company has bagged four prestigious awards in different categories for printing excellence in NAEP 2011 Award Function at Bengaluru.
- The Company has tied up with Switzerland based CowParade to introduce figurines in its galleries in India.
- Email: email@example.com
-Board has has recommended a final dividend @ 20% (equivalent to Rs. 0.40) Per Equity share of (Face value of Rs. 2/- each).
-Mr. Dilip Seth has been appointed as a additional director of the Company.
-Vijayant Chhabra has been appointed as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Company.
--Board has has recommended a final dividend @ 20% (equivalent to Rs. 0.40) Per Equity share of (Face value of Rs. 2/- each).