1985 - Asahi India Safety Glass Ltd was incorporated on 31st December.
The company manufactures toughened glass. The company was
initially know as "Indian Auto Safety Glass Private Limited" and
the name was changed to "Asahi India Safety Glass Ltd.," upon
the conversion into a Public Limited Company on 31st December
1985. It was promoted by Asahi Glass Company Limited of Japan,
Maruti Udyog Ltd,. The Indo-Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. and R.M. Labroo
& Associates. It proposed to manufacture 2.6 lakhs sq. mtrs. of
toughened glasses for solar panels and T.V. building machinery.
- Asahi Glass Company Limited Japan, agre
details and training to the company personnel against a lump sum
fee of Japanese Yen 50 Million.
1987 - The Company proposed to install an additional furnace to increase
its production capacity.
- 9,87,601 shares, were subscribed for by promoters, directors,
etc. 8,62,399 shares then issued at par out of which the
following shares were reserved and allotted: (i) 2,399 shares to
promoters, directors, etc. (ii) 60,000 shares to NRIs on
repatriation basis and (iii) 60,000 shares to NRIs on
non-repatriation basis. Out of the remaining 7,40,000 shares the
following shares were reserved for preferential allotment; (i)
92,500 shares to employees, etc. of the Company (only 2,700
shares taken up) and (ii) 14,800 shares to business associated of
the Company (all are taken up). The Balance 6,32,700 shares,
89,800 shares not taken up by employees, were offered to the
public in April 1987.
1988 - 17,200 No. of equity shares forfeited on 22nd March, of which
16,500 shares were reissued.
1989 - A new furnace was installed. After complying with the demand of
Maruti Udyog Ltd., the Company proposed to utilize its additional
capacity for production of tempered glass for other automobile
manufacturers. The Company installed a printing line for
production of glasses with black ceramic printing and with heat -
1991 - 500 shares forfeited in 1990-91 were reissued at par in 1991-92.
1992 - The company undertook to implement a project to manufacture
laminated safety windshields.
- 250 shares of Rs 10 each allotted.
1996 - Company has successfully implemented expansion of installed
capacity in the laminated plant to 7,50,000 windshields and in
tempered plant to 1137000 sq. mtrs.
2000 - The Rs 10-crore commercial paper programme of Asahi India Safety
Glass Ltd. has been assigned an `A1' rating, indicating highest safety.
2001 - The Company has entered into a joint venture with one of its distributors, Map Auto,
and will make trade investment in and acquire 1,00,000 equity shares in Map Auto
- Asahi India Safety Glass Ltd (AISGL) is making an offer to shareholders of Float Glass India Ltd (FIL) to acquire up to 85,15,015 shares at Rs 11 per share.
- Asahi India Safety Glass Ltd has informed BSE that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on October 1, 2001 interalia approved the Allotment of 37,00,000 equity shares of Rs 10/- each as fully paid-up Bonus shares in the Company with effect from October 1, 2001
Gautam Thapar appointed as Additional Director of Asahi India Safety Glass.
-The Board of Asahi India Glass Ltd. approves for the re-appointment of Mr. P L Safaya
as the Whole Time Director.
-Mr Yuji Hara gives his resignation on the Board of Asahi India Glass Ltd.
-Floatglass India Ltd.has amalgamated with the company.
-Board approved de-listing of equity shares of the Company from The Stock Exchange, Ahmedabad, The Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd. and The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd.
-Asahi India Glass Limited's securities delisted from Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd. (DSE) w.e.f. March 31, 2004.
-Asahi India Glass Delisted from Delhi Stock Exchange
- Second automotive glass plant of the Company set up at Chennai has commenced commercial production w.e.f. January 01, 2005.
-Set up AIS Glass Solutions Ltd. to capture the value chain in architectural glass.
-Asahi India Glass has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-Completed Phase II and III expansions at the Auto Glass Plant at Chennai, adding capacities of 1-1.2 million tempered back door glass and another 500,000 laminated windshields respectively
-Set up two architectural processing facilities at the Auto Glass Plants at Chennai and Rewari, significantly increasing architectural glass processing capacity
-Asahi India Glass Limited has appointed Ms. Meenu Juneja, Head- Legal & Company Secretary as the Compliance Officer of the Company.
-AIS rated the "Best Indian Company in Glass and Ceramics Category" by Dun & Bradstreet.
-AIS Auto Glass was conferred the prestigious Deming Application Prize 2007 by the Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers (JUSE).
-Appointment of Mr. Masayuki Kamiya as Director of the Company.
--The Company got Certificate of Appreciation
-The Company recieved Vendor Performance Award (Gold Category)
-Asahi India Glass Ltd recieved Manufacturing Excellence Award.
-2nd position in International Convention of Quality Circle held in Hyderabad.
-Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard (OHSAS 18001: 2007).
-OHSAS 18001: 2007 certification of Bawal plant by DNV.
-TPM Excellence Award 2010 for the Bawal Plant.
-Manufacturing Excellence Award
-Best HR Initiatives Award.
-The Comapny appointed Mr. Gurvirendra Singh Talwar (also known as Mr. Rana Talwar) as Additional Director (to act in the capacity of "Independent Director") of the Company w.e.f. December 20, 2012.
- The Company has approved the appointment of Mr. Masakzu Sakakida as Additional Director (to act in the capacity of "Independent Director") & Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa as a Director.
- The Company received Zee Good Homes Award for best glass company.
- The Company awarded Gold for Overall Performance from Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- The Company received Yield Improvement Certificate from Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- The Company received System Audit Rating - Shield from Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Asahi India Glass Ltd showcased their range of high performance uPVC doors and windows -
AIS VUE at ACETECH trade event in Delhi.
- Asahi India Glass Ltd brings Windshield Experts and Glasxperts under one roof in New Delhi
- Appointment of Mr. Masaru Omae as Director of the Company w.e.f. July 18, 2014.
-Asahi India Glass Ltd. launches a new series under its Ecosense brand
-Windshield Experts to launch two new service centers in New Delhi
-AIS VUE launches Toll Free Customer Service and Helpline Number
-Asahi India Glass Ltd. launches new website for its uPVC Doors and Windows brand AIS VUE
-Asahi India Glass Ltd. launches 5 new shades under its lacquered/back-painted range of glasses AIS Decor