1983 - The Company was Incorporated on 31st January, in the states of
W. Bengal and obtained the Certificate of Commencement of
Business on 19th February. Soon after incorporation, the company
started the business of trading. The Company was promoted by Mr.
Sharad Kumar Khaitan.
- The Company's object is to manufacture texturised/twisted yarn
- The Company undertook to set up a project for the manufacture of
1800 TPA of texturised/twisted yarn. Texturising is a process
for conversion of POY into yarns to made it suitable for weaving
knitting. Land admeasuring 1600 sq. mtrs. was acquired with an
existing shed at Silvassa in the Union Territory of Dadra and
Nagar Haveli which is a notified backward area near Surat.
- The Company finalised purchase of 3 Nos. used Lohia/ARCT FT-55
friction draw texturising machines of 192 spindles each.
- 98,200 shares taken up by promoters, directors, etc. 1,50,000
shares were offered at par for public subscription during June
(All were taken up).
1986 - 7,36,800 No. of equity shares issued at par of which 1,24,100
shares were reserved for allotment as rights to the shareholders
in prop. 1:2 (only 1,00,100 shares taken up). The balance
6,12,700 shares along with 24,000 shares not taken up by
shareholders were offered for public subscription during January
(all were taken up).
1991 - Turnover further declined to Rs.6.42 crores due to sluggish
demand with lower price realisation as a result of under
utilisation of the production capacity of the plant and non-
availability of working capital funds.
- Sterlite Projects Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on October 30, 2008 appointed following Directors as Additional Directors with effect from October 30, 2008.
Mr. Sandeep Kumar Daga
Mr. Naveen Kumar Banthia
-Company name has been changed from Sterlite Projects Ltd to B&B Realty Ltd.