1938 - The Company was Incorporated in July, at Lahore. The Company
Manufacture electric fans, die cast components and magneto
assemblies and marketing of electrical goods such as general
lighting service lamps, special lamps, fluorescent tubes,
lighting fixtures, fans and electrical and non-electrical
1961 - The Name of the Company was changed from 'Radio Lamp Works, Ltd',
to 'Bajaj Electricals Ltd.'
1964 - In Sept. 1963, 27,500 Right Equity shares offered at par in prop.
of 1 share: Rs 180 paid-up capital on Equity/Deferred shares.
Arrears: Rs 24,500.
1966 - In August 1966, 25,000 II Pref. shares redeemed.
1980 - 25,000 - 9.5% CR Pref. shares redeemed.
1982 - 17,278 deferred shares converted into 17,278 No. of Equity shares
in prop. 1 Equity shares of Rs 100 1 deferred share of Rs 10.
1983 - Pref. shares converted into 15% non-convertible debentures in
1984 - Matchwel Electricals (India) Ltd., a subsidiary of the Company
was amalgamated with effect from 1st July. In terms of Scheme of
Amalgamation, the Company issued 3,754 No. of equity shares of
Rs 100 each in the ratio of one equity shares for every 20 equity
shares of Rs 10 each of Matchwel Electricals (India) Ltd.
- In respect of preference shares of Matchwel Electricals (India)
Ltd., the Company issued 16,320 - 15% non-convertible debentures
of Rs 100 each in the proportion of three such debentures for
two such preference shares held. This amalgamation became
effective on 1st October 1986 from the appointed date, i.e., 1st
- The Company had signed a joint venture agreement with Newtronics
Pvt. Ltd., Australia, to jointly promote a company in India under
the name and style 'Bajaj Newtronics Pvt., Ltd.', for developing
and manufacturing electronic controls and accessories, to be
located at Silvassa, Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
1989 - 96,032 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
1992 - The Company imported mirror photogoniometer from Australia and
installed in the lighting division for photometric testing.
- The Company had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with The
Black & Decker Corporation of U.S.A. for setting up a joint
venture company for manufacture of protable electric power tools
and small home appliances in India.
1995 - The matchwel unit proposed to commence two additional die casting
machines of 660 tonnes each.
- 9,60,320 rights equity shares in prop. 1:2 at a premium of Rs 190
per share (all were taken up).
1996 - The Company proposed to set up a Die-casting unit at Chakan, a
C-Zone industrially backward Area in Maharashtra at a total cost
of Rs 11 crores.
1997 - 14,40,480 Bonus shares allotted in prop. 1:2.
1998 - The Company entered into an agreement with the Joint Venture
Company, Black & Decker Corporation to purchase their 50%
shareholding in BDB to become 100% subsidiary of the company.
- The Company set up a galvanising plant at Ranjangaon in
Maharashtra with the latest technology for manufacture of
highmasts and related products.
- The Company set up a Wind Farm with installed capacity of 3 MW at
Village Vankusavade in the Satara district of Maharashtra for the
manufacture of electricity by using wind energy.
- 10,000,000-11% Cum. Red. Pref. shares of Rs 10/- each issued on
private placement basis.
2000 - Bajaj Electricals signed a memorandum of understanding with
Chinese consumer durables major GD Midea Holding Co. Ltd.
- The Company has appointed Andersen Consulting for carrying out a
comprehensive business process re-engineering exercise with a view
to improve its operational efficiencies, introduce new products in the current
sluggish market for electrical consumer goods and for suggesting ways to
grow the bottomline.
- The Company has set up the first of its kind high mast lighting and galvanising
unit at Anjangaon in Maharashtra.
-Fixes 20th Sep as record date for rights issue in the ratio of 1:1 at a price of Rs 25 per share (Rs 10 + Rs 15 premium)
-Bajaj Electircals launches premium range of ceiling fans
- Bajaj Electricals Ltd has informed that Shri R Ramakrishnan has been appointed as an Executive Director in the whole-time employment of the Company with effect from October 26, 2006.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
- Bajaj Electricals Ltd has appointed Dr. Rajendra Prasad Singh as a Director of the Company with effect from May 28, 2009.