1994 - The Company incorporated as Balaji Telefilms Private Limited on 10th
November, at Mumbai. Balaji was converted into a Public Limited Company
on 29th February 2000 and Subsequently its name was changed to Balaji Telefilms
Ltd on 19th April 2000.
- The objective of making Television Software including serials and other
- The Company has been promoted by Mr. Jeetendra, Mrs. Shobha Kapoor and
Ms. Ekta Kapoor.
2000 - The Company public issue of 28,00,000 No. of Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- each
issued for cash at a premium of rs. 120 per share aggregating Rs. 36.40 crore.
The issue includes a Book Built Portion of 25,20,000 No. of equity shaes and
a Fixed Price Portion of 2,80,000 No. of equity shares.
- Nine Network Entertainment India Pvt. Ltd. a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine
Broadcasting India Pvt. Ltd., is merging with Balaji Telefilms Ltd.
2001 - The Company issued and allotted 28,03,250 No. of Equity Shares of Rs 10 each
for cash at a premium of Rs 120 per share, aggregating to Rs 3645 lacs by way of
initial public offer.
- SBI Mutual Fund has acquired 5,48,588 No. of equity shares of the company from the
secondary market representing 5.32 per cent of the equity share capital.
- Balaji Tele has reported a marginal rise in net profit at Rs 4.35 crore for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2001, compared to Rs 4.28 crore in the previous fiscal year.
- Appoints Shobha Kapoor as CEO of Balaji Telefilms.
- Balaji Telefilms Ltd appoints Mr V Devarajan as Chief Financial Officer of the Company.
-Balaji Telefims Ltd informs that as a part of management restructuring exercise Mr Rajesh Pavithran, Vice President Marketing has been re-designated as Chief Operating Officer and Mr Ajay Patadia, Company Secretary has been re-designated as President Corporate Affairs & Company Secretary.
-Board approves for the declaration of the final dividend of Rs.1.50 per share and appointment of Mr. Dhruv Khaji as the Director of the company.
-Goldman Sachs Inv. (Mauritius) Ltd. acquires shares of Balaji Telefilms.
-The Board has accepted the resignation of Mr Ajay Patadia, as President - Corporate Affairs & Company Secretary. Ms Alpa Shah has been appointed as Company Secretary with effect from January 23, 2004.
Mr Tusshar Kapoor & Mr Ajay Patadia, have been appointed as Additional Directors (Non Executive) with effect from January 23, 2004 to hold the office till the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting of the Company.
Commenting on the quarter's performance, Mrs Shobha Kapoor, CEO & Managing Director said:
"I am quite pleased with the performance of the company during the quarter. The improvement in realisations of commissioned programs coupled with the cost savings have enabled us to deliver higher operating profits, despite temporary fall in revenues from sponsored programs. Also with the new shows across various channels being well accepted by the viewers. I am quite confident that Balaji has entered the growth phase after a year of consolidation."
- Balaji Telefilms Limited has appointed Mr. Anurag Gupta as Chief Executive Officer - Education reporting to Mr. Puneet Kinra, Group Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
- Mr. Punyashlok Bhakta has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
- Ms. Swati Shetty has been appointed as President of the Company.
- The Board has recommended a final Dividend of Rs 0.20 per share.
- The Board has recommended a final dividend of Rs. 0.20 per share.
-Balaji Telefilms Ltd - Sony Music Partners with Balaji for a 3-Film Music Deal.
-Balaji Telefilms and Chhayabani Announce Strategic Partnership.
-Balaji Telefilms joins Indus Media to enter the American Television Market.