|Our Company was incorporated by Government of India as a public sector
undertaking under the Administrative control of Ministry of Defence, Department
of Defence Production and Supplies. We were incorporated as a private limited
company vide our certificate of incorporation bearing number 1530 dated May
11, 1964 under the Companies Act by the name Bharat Earth Movers Limited.
On the formation of our Company, the rail coach of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
was transferred to us with land, building, plant and machinery, manpower and
other infrastructure facilities as a going concern for a total consideration of
approximately Rs. 6 crores, which was met by issue of shares for consideration
other than cash.
In the year 1992, the GoI decided to dis-invest our Equity Shares and accordingly
by a resolution passed at the EGM held on February 21, 1992, we were converted
into a public limited company through filing a statement in lieu of prospectus with
the RoC. We are a multi-technology company offering high quality products for
diverse sectors of economy such as coal, mining, steel, limestone, power, irrigation,
construction, road building, defence and railways. In the past four decades, we
have come to the forefront of heavy engineering industry and have marked a
significant presence in earthmoving industry.
Since our incorporation, we have changed our registered office once. At the time
of formation of our Company, our registered office was situated at United Building,
J. C. Road, Bangalore - 560002. Subsequently, we changed our registered office
to the current Registered Office, which is at BEML Soudha, No. 23/1, 4th Main
Road, Sampangiramanagar, Bangalore - 560 027.
We have our manufacturing units at Kolar Gold Fields Complex, Bangalore Complex
and Mysore Complex. At our KGF Unit we are manufacturing heavy earth moving
equipments like bulldozers, hydraulic excavators, mining shovels, backhoe loaders,
walking draglines, loaders, etc. At our Bangalore Unit, we are manufacturing railway
rolling stock, metro coaches, defence equipments and aggregates. At our Mysore
unit, we are manufacturing dumpers, motor graders, engines of different sizes and
capacities and also defence equipments. (For details with respect to area of land
and location, please refer to the section of 'Property Details' of section on 'Our
Business' on page 54 of this Red Herring Prospectus.)
We have one subsidiary, namely Vignyan Industries Limited, which is engaged in
supply of different types of castings to diverse clientele. For further details with respect
to the subsidiary, please refer section tited 'Our Promoter, Subsidiary and Group
Companies' on page 109 of this Red Herring Prospectus.
1964 - Incorporation of our company as a private limited company with the
registered office at Bangalore. Simultaneously, we took over as a going concern the
rail coach division of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited in Bangalore
1968 - Establishment of the heavy earthmoving equipment division at Kolar Gold Fields.
1979 - Collaboration agreement entered into by us with Komatsu Limited, Japan for
technical know-how in the manufacture of a wide range of earthmoving equipments
such as bulldozers
1985 - Dump truck division established at Mysore
1986 - Received National Import Substitution Award from Ministry of Science
1987 - An exclusive hydraulics and powerline division and a full fledged research and
development center set up at Kolar Gold Field
- Purchase of Mysore complex unit
1990 - Received Corporate Excellence Award for outstanding performance from
department of public enterprises, GoI
- Asias largest 170 ton electric dump truck assembled and launched
1991 - Engine division set up at Mysore for manufacturing heavy-duty diesel engines
1992 - Conversion of our Company into a public limited company
- Sub-division of our Equity Shares of face value of Rs. 1000/- each to Equity
Shares of Rs. 10/- each
- Recognition as an Export House with Star Exporter status
1994 - Public Issue of 60,00,000 12.50% secured redeemable partly convertible
debentures of Rs. 195/- each for cash at par aggregating to Rs. 117 crores offered to
- Listing of the Equity Shares at the Stock Exchanges at Bangalore, Mumbai,
Kolkata, Delhi and Chennai
- Mammoth equipment walking dragline launched
1995 - Rights issue of 10,00,000 12.50% secured redeemable partly convertible
debentures of Rs. 180/- each.
- Crosses Rs. 1,00,000 lakh mark in sales turnover
- Received ISO 9000 certification
1996 - Major counter trade agreement with Syria executed against import of rock phosphate
1997 - Recipient of award for Best Employer of the Physically handicapped from Ministry of
1998 - Bags orders against World Bank tenders valued at Rs. 70,000 lakh for equipment
supply to CIL projects
1999 - Integrated hi-tech applications program implemented in divisions covering
manufacturing, operations and communications
2001 - Awarded the Best Exporter by the Department of Industry & Commerce, GoK
2002 - Awarded the Best Exporter by the Department of Industry & Commerce, GoK
- Regional award for highest exports awarded by Engineering Export Promotion Council,
- Manufacture and supply of hi-tech stainless steel metro coaches to DMRC
- The Equipment division of Mysore unit was awarded the National Safety Award under
the Scheme I and II
- Awarded the Best Exporter by the Department of Industry & Commerce, GoK
- Certificate of Excellence obtained from Engineering Export Promotion Council,
- 7 T Class Excavator - BE71 and Backhoe loader - BL 9H were formally launched.
- Four cylinder indigenous engine B4D105 has been introduced as an earth moving
- Awarded the Best Exporter by the Department of Industry & Commerce, GoK.
- Our Companys Equity Shares got voluntarily delisted from DSE and MSE, and
application made for voluntary delisting of our Equity Shares to CSE.
-BEML Thrives with Rs 3680 mn orders
-BEML signs MoU with HMT to Draw Financial Assistance provided by GoI for Metro Infrastructure
-BEML signs MoU with Rotem for Aerobridges
-BEML joins hand with Korean co Rotem to build aerobridges
-BEML inks MoU with Delhi Metro
-BEML inks MoU with HMT for metro rail coaches project
-BEML - Secretary (Defence Production) inaugurates BEML Technology Division
-BEML joins hand with US firm Terex Corp
- The credit rating of our Company has been done by ICRA Limited and it has assigned
'IrAAA' (pronounced as Issuer Rating Triple A) to our Company. This rating indicates
the highest credit quality rating assigned by ICRA Limited, which means our Company
carries the lowest credit risk.
- Formation of Joint Venture Company in the name and style of BEML Midwest Limited
on April 18, 2007 under the registration no. U13204AP2007PLC053653/2007-2008 with
Midwest Granite Private Limited.
- A consortium of BEML Ltd, Mitsubishi and Rotem has formally got the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation's order worth Rs 1,144 crore for metro coaches.
- BEML Ltd has set up a subsidiary in Brazil for sourcing and assembling of mining and construction equipment to cater to the growing Latin American markets.
-Company name has been changed from Bharat Earth Movers Ltd to BEML Ltd.
-BEML joins hand with NTPC for mining tools
-BEML Ltd has appointed Shri. P Dwarakanath, as Director of the Company effective March 01, 2008.
- BEML Ltd has informed that the Government of India has appointed Shri. M Pitchlah as Director (Finance) on the Board of the Company. He took charge on July 14, 2008.
-BEML Ltd has informed that Sri. S Ramesh, DGM (CS) holding charge of the post of Company Secretary from September 01, 2008 consequent upon superannuation of Sri. K C Medapa, has been appointed as Company Secretary of the Company by the Board of Directors at their meeting held on September 18, 2008.
- Beml Limited has informed that 'The Government vide letter No.8(5)/2008-D(BEML), dt. 07.07.2009 have appointed the following Non-official Part-time Directors on the Board of BEML Limited: (1) Lt.Gen (Retd.) S. Pattabhiraman, Ex-Vice Chief of Army Staff. (2) Shri M.B.N. Rao, Ex-CMD, Canara Bank. (3) Shri J.P. Batra, Ex-Chairman, Railway Board. (4) Shri J.P. Singh, former Secretary to the Government of India'.
-BEML bags new coaches order from DMRC