|Bharati shipyard Limited was formed in 1968 as a partnership firm of seven stake holders.The then, it was an only organisation on paper having a small shipyard at Ratnagiri. In 1973, the partnership lowered to three with Mr. Vijay Kumar and Mr. P.C. kapoor taking the rein of the business. The shipyard at Ratnagiri was taken over with the intention of developing it into a modern shipbuilding yard. The company became a private concern in 1976.
Today, Bharati Shipyard is humming with the sound of myriad activities that constitute the art and science of shipbuilding. In a giant stride, the product range has been upgraded from the simple inland cargo barges, through sophisticated deep-sea fishing trawlers and state-of-art dredgers, to the technological marvel of the highly maneuverable and power-packed Ocean Going Tractor Tugs, Cargo/Container Ships, Tankers etc.
The latest in technology has been infused in the shipyard, both in materials and expertise, and no efforts has been spared to achieve the single magic letter "Q" for quality. This alone has contributed to the gamut of satisfied customers, who have, time and again, come back to Bharati for their additional requirements. From port trusts, fishing companies and water transport authorities to commercial organisations and overseas customers, all have benefited from concerted after-sales service drive that has been launched by the yard to emphasize that the delivery of a vessel is only the beginning of its commitment endorsed in the concert.
-Bharati Shipyard secures contract from MK Shipping BV, Netherlands
- Bharati Shipyard Ltd has informed that the Company has signed a contract with Clipper Group (Management) Ltd of Nassau, Bahamas, for construction and supply of 6 Bulk Carriers of 20,000 DWT each. The Contract value of these 6 vessels is US$ 130.50 million.
-Bharati Shipyard Ltd has has acquired all the shipyard machinery and equipments of Swan Hunter (Tyneside) Shipyard Ltd.
- Bharati Shipyard Ltd has signed a contract with GREAT OFFSHORE LTD for construction and supply of One Multipurpose Offshore Support Vessel. The Contract value of the vessel is US $64.80 million (i.e. App. Rs 266.32 crore).
- Bharati Shipyard secured a Rs 351-crore order from Shipping Corporation of India for design, construction and supply of four Anchor Handling Tugs cum Supply Vessels (AHTSVs) of 80 Tons Bollard Pull capacity.
-Sarda Energy & Minerals Ltd has signed an MOU with the Government of Chhattisgarh for installing a Thermal Power Plant of 1100 MW in the state of Chhattisgarh.
- Successfully bagged a contract from Government of India, Ministry of Defence, for supply of 15 (fifteen) Interceptor Boats for Indian Coast Guard. The contract value for these fifteen vessels is Rs 281 crores.
- Bharati Shipyard picks up 14.89% equity stake in Great Offshore.
- Bharati increases stake in Great Offshore to 22.48%.
--Registered Office of the Company has been shifted from 606, Dalamal Chambers, Nariman Point, Mumbai - 400 021 to 302, Wakefield House, Sprott Road (Shivsagar Ram Gulam Marg), Ballard Estate, Mumbai- 400 001.
-Company has an order book worth approx. Rs. 6,800 Crores.
-Board of Directors of the Company has declared 30% Dividend i.e. Rs. 3/- per share for the year
-Mr. Rajiv Pal Singh, Nominee Director of State Bank of India is appointed as Director of the Company.
-Name of Bharati Shipyard Ltd shall be changed to Bharati Defence and Infrastructure Ltd and symbol be changed from BHARTISHIP to BHARATIDIL.