1987 - Bhartiya International Limited was incorporated, as a Private Limited Company
under the name of 'Bhartiya Galecha Industries Private Limited' on 7th January.
The name was subsequently changed to 'Bhartiya International Limited' on 9th
July, 1993. The Company was converted into a Public Limited Company vide its
resolution passed in the Extra ordinary General Meeting held on 18th January, 1994
and name changed to 'Bhartiya International Limited'. A fresh certificate of incorporation
dated 10th May 1994 to this effect for conversion has been obtained from Registrar of
- The Company initially started with exports of carpets and subsequently diversified
into manufacture and export of high fashion leather garments.
- The company undertakes its procurement of Carpets from, the main Carpet Producing
areas in the country i,e. Mirzapur/Varanasi belt of U.P., Amritsar and Jaipur.
1992 - The Company has been awarded the status of a recognised export house by
Government of India in the year.
1994 - The company came out with a public issue of shares in October, at a premium of
Rs.10 a share.
1995 - The Company has been issued a Letter of Intent by Secretariat of Industrial
Approvals, Department of Industrial Development, Ministry of Industry for manufacture
of Leather Garments with capacity of 54000 Nos Per Annum at their current factory in
- The Company raised Rs. 726.30 lakhs by way of issue of 3631500 equity shares
for cash at a premium of Rs. 10/- per share comprising of allotment of 625000 equity
shares to promotors and their associates, 1320000 firm allotment of FIl's, Indian Mutual
funds and NRI's and a public issue of 1680000 equity shares.
- The Company has entered into a joint venture agreement with Mr. Max Bertoli from
Italy and Mr. N. Mehra from Switzerland for setting up a Buying Agency for sourcing
several items like knitwear, home furnishing, leather goods etc. from India and far
east for sales in Europe and Middle-East.
1996 - The company has acquired 10 acres of land near Madras for setting up a world
1998 - The company is all set to launch its brand 'MONKS ITALIA' in Europe & America
and has already set up a trading branch in Italy.
1999 - The Company's wholly-owned Subsidiary Companies, namely, Bharitya Global
Marketing (P) Limited, New Delhi and J & J Leather Enterprises (P) Ltd. for the
year ended 31st March.
- The company has entered into a tripartite agreement with CDSL and MCS Ltd, R&T
agent, for dematerialising the shares.
2000 - The Company to issue, under the ESOP scheme, equity shares through
ADRs and/or GDRs or any other securities to permanent employees of
- The Company is setting up 'virtual factories', to sub-contract production to facilitate
more efficient sourcing of raw material.
-Bhartiya International Ltd has informed that Mr. Shashank has joined the Company as an Additional Director w.e.f. July 30, 2007.
- Bhartiya International Ltd has appointed Mr. Nikhil Aggarwal as an Additional Director of the Company in the Board Meeting held on October 04, 2007.
- Bhartiya International Ltd has appointed Mr. A Sahasranaman as an Additional Director of the Company in the Board Meeting held on June 30, 2008.