- Blue Dart Express Ltd. was incorporated on 5th April. The company
was converted into a public limited company on June 15th, 1994 and the
certificate of incorporation on change of name was issued on June 17th,
- The Company is engaged in the courier business for carriage and
door-to-door delivery of commercial documents, samples, panels and
printed matter in India and throughout the world.
- The Company was promoted by Tushar Jani, Clyde Cooper and Khushroo
- The name of the firm was changed to Blue Dart Express on October 1st,
1990 and the firm was registered as a private limited company on April
- The Company acquired, developed and set up a centralised
international and domestic super hub with computerised links to all it
- The Company also plans to link its major centres by satelite very
small Aperture terminals. The Company proposes to add to its existing
fleet of light commercial vehicles and pick up vans at various places
to cater to the growing business needs.
- Some of the new products include:
- (i) Voice Dart: This is 24hr. hotline available to the customer in
selected cities of the country. It is an interactive voice response
computer system that enables customers to access key information
regarding the range of services offered by the company, to track the
states of their consignment and leave messages via a mailbox all in a
- (ii) Power Dart: a software-run-system which is installed at the
customer premises. Through a dial-up computer modem installed at the
customer premises, he can directly access the company's database and
retrieve relevant information of his shipments;
- (iii) Dart Collect: Offers the overseas consignees receiving
shipments from India, the facility to pay the freight changes in
- (iv) Dart Apex: This is a day definite door-to-door product for
shipments above 20 kgs. travelling to select cities within the company
- (v) IXF-2: This is a day definite door-to-door service for
international shipments weighing above 45 kgs. to destinations in the
- The Company finalised negotiations with Federal Express International
Inc. in respect of Global service program contract and with federal
Express Corporation in respect of Trademark use Agreement and End User
Agreement for cosmos software.
- The Company introduced barcode scanners and bar coded Air waybills to
enhance the quality of tracking operations. The company has more than
400 users who communicate through E-Mail.
- The Company was appointed as General Sales agent in India of Gederal
Express enabling the company to pickup heavy weight commercial
shipments for door-to-door delivery.
- A New product `Dart Apex' for door to door shipments above 20 kgs was
launched. Other systems installed to offer greater reliability to
customers are oracle platform, bancode technology etc. The Cosmat II
has enabled decentralisation of Company's operation.
- The Company acquired premises in Bangalore for provision of
- 60,50,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each issued, subscribed and
paid-up (1,00,000 shares to promoters on 5.4.1991; 1,00,000 Rights
equity shares in proportion 1:1 on 11.10.1993; 24,00,000 bonus equity
shares allotted on 6.1.1994 prop. 1:12; 32,50,000 bonus equity allotted
on 3.6.1994 in prop. 1:1.25; 2,00,000 shares to
employees/directors/associates on 13.6.1994); 25,50,000 No. of equity
shares of Rs 10 each were issued at a premium of Rs 140 per share to
the public in September 1994. (25,50,000 shares partly paid up).
- The Company has established computer installations at 38 major
- VSATs were installed at eight locations across the country to help
E-mail networks in India as well as the Domestic (Cosmat-2) and
international (cosmos) tracking system and central aviation load
booking systems (SMART).
- Two software packages viz. `Powerdart' using which the customer can
log into the Company's database and access data relating to his
shipments and the other one `Faxdart' is a tool to automatically fax to
the customer relevant information about his shipments was developed
during the year.
- The Company acquired 2 Boeing 737-200 aircraft offered by Indian
Airlines. The aircrafts were sent to USA for conversion from passenger
to cargo version and named as "vision I" and "vision II".
- The Company proposed new ATA (Airport to Airport), DTA (Door to
Airport), and ATD (Airport to Door) Products.
- The Company signed an agreement with Federal Express International
Inc. through which it became the official GSA of Fed Ex in India.
- The Company entered into an agreement for purchase of 35,000 sq. ft.
of land situated in the vicinity of International Airport for
constructing Superhub & Technology centre for housing the company's
communication and data processing facilities.
- Blue Dart Aviation Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Company and launched
door-to-door domestic express cargo aviation system.
- The Company signed an agreement with Federal Express International
Inc., through which it became the official GSA of FedEx in India for
air freight products.
- FedEx has taken a significant step forward to receive the ISO 9001
certification and is the first Express Company in the world to have
received this certification.
- The Company has developed two software packages - namely `Powerdart'
- The Company has entered into an agreement with its wholly owned
subsidiary company for lease of the 2 aircraft.
- The Company has received a `AA-' rating for its proposed issue of Rs.
15 crores Non-convertible debentures to be issued on a private
placement basis from Credit Rating Information Services of India
Limited for this instrument.
- The Company has entered into a commercial understanding with its
wholly owned subsidiary Blue Dart Aviation Limited whereby the Company
has hired the entire aircraft payload capacity of two B737-200 cargo
aircraft of approximately 16 tonnes per aircraft.
- 2,50,000 shares issued (prem. Rs 35 per share) on conversion of
- The Company has signed a new 5 year Global Service Program Contract
with Federal Express (FedEx), which became effective from 1st October.
- The company has entered into various strategic alliance with
regional/express courier companies in lieu of expanding its market
- Blue Dart recently became the first Express Company in India to get
the ISO 9001 Certification.
- Federal Express Corporation (FedEX), the world's largest express
transportation company, will enter the Indian air express market
through a new agreement with Blue Dart, India's express company.
- The Company has launched its "Smart Box" in the eastern region to
cater to the needs of small business.
- The Company had undertaken with the set up of the aviation system,
was completed during the financial year under consideration.
- The Company has set up customs bonded warehouse at Chennai, Mumbai
and Calcutta and transhipment facilities at all the 5 major domestic
airports through which it operates.
- The Company has entered into appropriate interline agreements with 9
international carriers viz. Air India, Air France, British Airways,
Emirates, Singapore Airlines Swissair, Air Canada, Cargolux and FedEx
for movement of interline cargo.
- The Company has issued 23,00,000 debentures of the face value of Rs.
100/- each aggregating to Rs. 2300 lakhs to Newfields Holdings Limited.
- The Company has subscribed to the Rights issue of 100 lakh shares of
Rs. 10 each, aggregating to Rs. 1000 lakhs of Blue Dart Aviation
Limited - a 100% subsidiary.
- The Company has entered into lease agreements for the rental of
property, vehicles, computers, equipment and other assets.
- Blue Dart Aviation, a subsidiary of Blue Dart Express Limited has
introduced India's first load and trim software for their Boeing 747
- Blue Dart Aviation Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Blue Dart
Express Ltd, is to establish a hangar facility at Chennai airport.
- Blue Dart has already signed an agreement with Lufthansa Cargo.
- Debentures were converted into 3,066,667 No. of equity shares of Rs
10/- each at a premium of Rs 65 per share.
- The Company has launched its services in the Kashmir Valley. The
company has entered into a regional service participant (RSP) agreement
with Priority Courier Services to service the Kashmir Valley region.
- The company hasreceived A+ rating from Crisil for its proposed
- The Company will be setting up its Business Logistics designs.
- Duff and Phelps India has assigned a D1+ rating to the Rs 10 crore CP
issue of the company.
- BDEL claims to be the largest express company in the country.
- Blue Dart has a tie-up with Federal Express for this business. Blue
Dart is the leader in the domestic courier industry with a market share
of around 36 per cent.
- The Company has entered into a strategic alliance with Super Fast
Courier Service in the east as part of its move to expand its reach in
the secondary markets.
- The Company, the country's largest integrated air express company,
has tied-up with China Airlines.
- Domestic courier major Blue Dart Express has declared a 1:1 bonus.
- Blue Dart Express Ltd., India's leading integrated air express and
logistic service provider has signed an exclusive agreement with Crown
Couriers, a leading courier company.
- Blue Dart Express Ltd, integrated air express and logistics company,
has opened its office in Bangalore, strategically located close to the
-Company has high load factor of 86% on its aircraft.
-Ties up with DHL Worldwide Express which is a five year sales alliance.
-Llyod's Register Quality Assurance certifies the company's new global standard ISO 9001:2000 for all its products/services.
-Enters into an interline agreement with South African Airways.
-Begins customer satisfaction standard 'net service levels' .
-Acquires 4th aircraft, Boeing 737 as part of its fleet expansion plans.
-Mr Kushroo Dubash, Director along with his family members purchases 6415 shares.
-Places 90-day Commercial paper at 5% with a state run bank for Rs.5 cr.
-Bhiwandi emerges as a warehousing hub for the company.
-Blue Dart inks pact with Sri Lankan Airlines
-Blue Dart joins hand with Hayleys
-Blue Dart Express Ltd has informed that Mr. Thomas Murphy as a Director of the Company with effect from September 03, 2007.
- Blue Dart Express Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors approved the appointment of Mr. Daniel J McHugh as an Additional Director of the Company with effect from December 23, 2008.
- Blue Dart Express Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors approved the appointment of Mr. Christopher Ong as an Additional Director of the Company with effect from June 02, 2009.
-Blue Dart honoured with 'Customer & Brand Loyalty' Award
-Blue Dart Wins Four Accolades in a Row
-Blue Dart wins "Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award 2010"
-Blue Dart offers Express Pallet (Domestic): Convenient, Flexible, Specialized Palletized Packaging Solution priced to include door-to-door delivery service within India both by Air and Ground mode.
-DHL & Blue Dart Take Gold in Reader's Digest Trusted Brand 2010 Awards
-Blue Dart wins Award for Best Motivational Practice in Services
-DHL and Blue Dart steer India's logistics in a new direction with the launch of Smart Truck
-DHL and Blue Dart win a host of awards at the 5th Express Logistics & Supply Chain Conclave
-Blue Dart accorded 'Customer & Brand Loyalty' Award second time in a row
-Blue Dart and DHL sweep awards at the 6th Express, Logistics & Supply Chain Conclave
-Blue Dart amongst the Top 25 'India's Best Companies to Work For 2012'
-The Company has been recognized as one of the Indias Best Companies to work for- 2013 and has been ranked 10th.
-Inducted 5th B757-200 Freighter
-Introduced TDX, RFID Pilots, Critical Express Launched , CAF Implemented
-The Comany has recived Awarded GPTW 4th time in row
-Smart Truck roll out planned
-Awarded Great Place To Work - for the 5th time in a row
-Blue Dart Expres acquired additional 21% stake into Blue Dart Aviation Limited (BDAL) and Company holds 70% stake into BDAL
-Blue Dart Expres launched the country's first PARCEL LOCKER at Gurgaon's Unitech, Cyber Park