|Burnpur Cement Limited was incorporated
on June 19,1986 as Ashoka Concrete and Allied
Industries Private Limited.The company started
their operation in cement industry in October
1991 with a small plant of 30 TPD at Asansol
to produce Portland Slag Cement (PSC).
The nameof the company was changed to Burnpur
Cement Private Limited on September 18, 2001.
The company was subsequently converted into
a public limited company and the name was
changed to Burnpur Cement Limited in November
12, 2001. Presently the plant is producing 1000
TPD cementand is a major producer in the eastern region.
The Company is one of the few cement manufacturers
of Eastern India having its market presence
in West Bengal, Jharkhand and Bihar. The company
intends to expand its network in Orissa,
Madhya Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Haryana and Delhi
in the near future.
The Company was initially engaged in trading
activities.The Company started operations in the
cement industry in October1991 with a small cement
plant of 30 TPD in Asansol to produce
Portland Slag Cement conforming to IS 455:1989.
The production phase was ushered in with the
commissioning of the Plant in October,1991.
A slow and steady commissioning of other units led
to a gradual stepping up of production over
the years. Expansion of facilities over the years
has resulted in a capacity of 1000 TPD of cement making.
The Company has earned brand recognition
for consistent product quality, customer satisfaction,
marketing network etc. For its consistent and
continuous endeavors the company has received
ISO-9001:2000 in 2004.
The capacity of the grinding unit has not been
optimally utilized due to non-availability of clinker.
Considering the constraints in availability of
raw material (clinker) and also for planned expansion
in the cement sector the company has decided
to set up an 800 TPD expendable to 1600 TPD
Clinkerisation and Cement grinding
unit at Patratu Hazaribagh, Jharkhand which
is approximately 3.0 km away from Patratu Thermal
Power Station and about 10-15 kms from vast limestone
deposits. The company has entered into a Memorandum
of Understanding with the Government ofJharkhand
on March 23, 2006 whereby the government has
undertaken to extend assistance for promotion
and establishment of the above project in the
Industrial area of Jharkhand. Land measuring
60 Acres hasalready been allotted to the company by
Ranchi Industrial Area Development Authority,
Government of Jharkhand at Patratu Industrial area.
The company has already applied for limestone
mining rights to Government of Jharkhand on the
27th of September, 2006 and the approval for the same
is expected in due course.
The Registered Office of the Company was shifted
fromRadha Nagar Road, Burnpur to 28, New Road,
Alipur, Kolkata 700 027 with effect from 1st August,
1991. The registered office was further shifted
to Radhanagar Road, P.O. : Burnpur (Asansol), Dist. :
Burdwan with effect from 15th June, 1995.
The Registered office was further shifted to its
present address at Cement House,Saradapally,
Ashok Nagar, P.O. Asansol, District: Burdwan,
West Bengal 713304 with effect from 1st December, 1995.
Major Events in the History of the Company
1986 Incorporated as Ashoka Concrete and Allied
Industries Pvt. Ltd.on June 19, 1986 With one of
the main objective of manufacturing of cement.
1991 Started operations in the Cement Industry in
October 1991,with a cement plant of 30 TDP.
1996 Increased it Production Capacity from 30 TPD
to 120 TPD
2000 Increased it Production Capacity from 120 TPD
to 400 TPD
2001 On September 18, 2001 the name of the Company
was changed to Burnpur Cement Private Limited.
On November 12, 2001it was converted to a Public
Limited Company and the name waschanged to Burnpur
2002 Certification of ISO : 9002
2002 Increased it Production Capacity from 400 TPD to 700 TPD
2004 Certification of ISO:9001:2000
2004 Increased it Production Capacity from 700TPD to 1000 TPD
2004 Declared interim dividend @ 5%
2006 A Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of
Jharkhand to set up an 800 TPD Clinker and Cement grinding
unit at Hazaribagh, Jharkhand with captive limestone mines.
2006 Land measuring 60 Acres allotted by Ranchi Industrial Area
Development Authority, Government of Jharkhand at Patratu
Industrial area.2007 Supply Contract between the Company &
Thyssenkrupp Industries India Private Limited on 9th May, ,2007
2007 Common Rupee Loan Agreement between the company and
State Bank of India asleader of the Consortium and other
Consortium Bankers viz. Indian Overseas Bank,Union Bank of India,
Bank of India, State Bank of Hyderabad, Canara Bank, Indian
Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce on April 20,2007
- Burnpur Cement Ltd has appointed Mr. Prem Prakash Sharma (Retired I.A.S.) as an independent Director of the Company vide its meeting held on April 25, 2009.
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted From "Cement Mouse" Saradapally, Ashoknagar, Asansol - 713 304, To Village - Palashdiha, Panchgachia Road, Kanyapur, Asansol - 713 341
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted from Palasdiha, Panchgachia Road, Kanyapur, Asansol 713341, West Bengal to 14, Bentinck Street, Gujrat Mansion, 2nd Floor, Kolkata - 700 001, West Bengal
-Burnpur Cement has launched new product steel with the brand name of Burnpur Steel.