|The founder Promoters of our Company, Mr. Mahendra C. Shah and Mr. Champaklal K. Mehta started their business jointly in 1974. The flagship company of our Group, C. Mahendra Exports Limited was formed in 1978 in the form of a partnership firm under the name and style of 'C. Mahendra Exports', to carry on the business of manufacturing and trading of diamonds, precious stones and jewellery. In 1993, the firm began its own factory for manufacturing polished diamond in Surat and by 2006, it also started a manufacturing unit at Varachha Road, Surat.
The constitution of the partnership firm was changed from time to time and in the year 2006 the partners as on that date viz. Mahendra C. Shah, Champaklal K. Mehta, Pravin C. Shah, Prakash K. Mehta, Kanu C. Shah, Suresh K. Mehta, Paras C. Mehta, Sandeep M. Shah, Samir P. Shah, Suken P. Shah, Kevin P. Mehta and Pravin K. Mehta agreed to convert the business of the firm into a private limited company under the name and style C. Mahendra Exports Private Limited under section 566 of the Companies Act, 1956 for which a certificate of incorporation was issued on January 4, 2007 by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra.
The partnership firm was converted into a public limited company on March 14, 2007 pursuant to a special resolution passed by the shareholders of our Company at the EGM dated January 29, 2007. A fresh certificate of incorporation was issued consequent upon change of name from C. Mahendra Exports Private Limited to C. Mahendra Exports Limited.
Major events and milestones
Year Major Events
1978 Incorporated as a partnership firm under the name and style of C. Mahendra Exports
1989 Established C. Mahendra Exports (H.K.) Ltd., Hong Kong marketing office
1989 Recognised as an Export House for a period of three years ended March 31, 1992
1990 Established C. Mahendra Exports USA Inc. marketing office
1991 Selected as a DTC Sightholder
1992 Recognised as a Trading House for a period of three years ended March 31, 1999
1999 Recognised as a Star Trading House for a period of three years ended March 31, 2002
2003 Established Ciemme Jewels Pvt Ltd to manufacture diamond jewellery in Andheri, Mumbai
2003 Established C.Mahendra B.V.B.A. , Antwerp for procurement of raw material
2003 Launched flagship diamond jewellery brand Ciemme
2006 Established second diamond cutting and polishing factory in Varachha, Surat ( 100 % EOU) Conversion into Company with the name 'C.Mahendra Exports Private Limited' under Part IX,
2007 Section 566 of the Companies Act, 1956. Conversion of Company into Public Limited Company as C. Mahendra Exports Limited.