- The Company was incorporated under the Companies Act on 21 August, 2006 and obtained its certificate of commencement of business on 14 September, 2006.
- The Registered Office of the Company has moved from 401 Dalamal Towers, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021 to 101, West View, Veer Sawarkar Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400025 with immediate effect. The Principal Business office of Cairn India will continue to be at Orchid Plaza, 3rd and 4th floors, Suncity, Gurgaon, Haryana 122 002.
-Cairn India Limited has appointed Mr. Marshall Mendonza as the Company Secretary of Cairn India Limited effective January 12, 2007.
-Cairn India Limited has appointed Ms. Preeti Kedia as Investors' Grievance Officer.
- The Government of Sri Lanka and Cairn India signed the Petroleum Resources agreement for the exploration licence to explore for oil and natural gas in the Mannar Basin.
-CIL makes oil and gas discovery adjacent to Raageshwari field in RJ-ON-90/1.
- The Government of Sri Lanka has awarded an exploration licence to explore for oil and natural gas in the Mannar Basin, to Cairn India.
-Cairn India Ltd has appointed as Additional Director at the Board Meeting held on April 28, 2008.
-Cairn India Limited has appointed Mrs. Neerja Sharma, as the Company Secretary, w.e.f. July 01, 2008.
-Cairn India, which has commenced crude production from the Mangala field in Barmer, Rajasthan, has concluded an initial agreement to supply crude oil from the Mangala field to Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- The Sri Lanka, Board of Investment (BOI), the governing body for promoting industrial investments in Sri Lanka and Cairn Lanka (Private) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cairn India has entered into an agreement yesterday for a commitment of an initial investment of more than USD 110 million towards the exploration of hydrocarbons
- Cairn India Ltd has appointed Mr. Philip Tracy as an alternate Director to Sir William B.B. Gammell w.e.f. May 27, 2010.