1988 - The Company was incorporated in February and was promoted by
M.P. Jhunjhunwala and C.L. Jhunjhunwala.
- The Company's objects is to manufacture aluminium extruded
- The Company undertook to set up a project for the manufacture of
7,000 tonnes per annum of aluminium extruded products finding use
in a wide range of industries such as architecture,
transportation, refrigeration etc. Leasehold land admeasuring
7.3 acres was obtained at the West Bengal Industrial Growth
Centre, Midnapore, a centrally notified backward area in West
Bengal. The main plant and machinery include two extrusion
presses of 900 tonnes and 1,600 tonnes (imported from UBE
Industries Ltd., Japan) a melting furnace, etc.
- During March, the company entered into a technical advisory
agreement with M/s. P.K. Consultants headed by P.K. Sengupta for
technical details of the project, selection of the equipment,
co-ordination in project execution, assistance in training of
personnel, start up of production, etc.
1989 - 20,000 shares allotted to promoters. 35,60,000 No. of equity
shares then issued at par of which the following shares were
reserved and allotted on a firm basis:
- (i) 13,90,000 shares allotted to promoters, directors, their
friends etc. and
- (ii) 3,90,000 shares to WBIDC. Of the balance 17,80,000 No. of
equity shares, the following shares were reserved for allotment
on a preferential basis:
- (i) 1,50,000 shares to SBI Mutual Fund,
- (ii) 2,00,000 shares to Canbank Mutual Fund and
- (iii) 1,78,000 shares to employees (including Indian working
directors)/workers of the company (only 74,500 shares taken up).
The remaining 12,52,000 shares along with 1,03,500 shares not
taken up by employees were offered for public subscription during
February 1990. Additional 2,67,000 shares allotted to retain
1991 - 21,79,206 rights shares issued at par in prop. 1:2. Another
7,500 shares allotted to employees.
1992 - During August, the company offered 19,23,500 No. of equity shares
of Rs.10 each for cash at par on Rights basis in the prop. 1:2.
All were taken up. Additional 2,55,706 shares allotted to retain
- Another 96,200 No. of equity shares were issued to the employees
(including Indian working directors)/workers of the company on
an equitable basis. Only 7,500 shares taken up.
1994 - Towards meeting the commitment under the settlement, the company
made a preferential allotment of 10,00,000 No. of equity shares
of Rs.10 each to the promoters, at a prem. of Rs.10 per share.
1995 - 7,31,146 No. of equity shares on conversion of 25% of term loan
to the Financial Institution.
1996 - The Company along with its promoters took over the management of
Sangam Aluminium Ltd. by acquiring 22.84% stake of the SAL's
issued capital. The Company purchased 3,00,000 shares while
promoters bought 5,10,700 No. of equity shares.
- 10,00,000 No. of equity shares allotted on preferential basis to
2000 - The Company has allotted 42,49,048 No. of Equity shares of Rs 10 each on
preferential allotment basis.
2002-K K Agarwal resigns as Company Secretary of Century Extrusions.
2003-Century Extrusions Ltd's Board of Directors at its meeting held on January 31, 2003 has appointed Mr Sumit Modi as the Company Secretary and also the Compliance Officer of the Company with effect from February 10, 2003.
-Board approved the issue of 3,50,00,000 of Rights Equity Shares of Re 1/- each amounting to Rs 35 million in the ratio of 35:12
-Moulsree Jhunjhunwala has acquired of 361200 shares representing 3.01% of the total paid-up capital of Century Extrusions Limited
- Century Extrusions Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on January 21, 2008, has appointed Mr. P K Sengupta as Alternate Director in absence of Mr. V K Mushran, w.e.f. January 21, 2008.
-The company has issued rights in the ratio of 33:47 at a premium of Rs.3/- Per Share.