|The company was incorporated on 16th June, 1983 and obtained the certificate of commencement of Business on 20th July, 1983. It was promoted by Titanium Equipment and Anode Manufacturing Co. Ltd., (TEAM) which is its holding Company.
The company manufactures Caustic Soda, Chlorine gas, Hydrochloric acid & Calcium hypochlorite.
TEAM entered into a foreign collaboration agreement with Chlorine Engineers Corporation Ltd., Japan for the transfer of technology which will be provided to the company by TEAM.
The controller of Capital Issues has stipulated that the promoters shall divert their equity holding in excess of 40% of the issued capital with in 3 years from the date of commercial production, by an offer of sale of the existing shareholders, at a price not exceeding the prevailing market price.
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 5
- Chemfab Alkalis Ltd has informed that Mr. Umaid Singh Baid, co-opted as an Additional Director of the Company, was appointed at the meeting of Board of Directors of the Company held on April 03, 2008.
- Chemfab Alkalis Ltd has informed that Mr. N Ganga Ram, co-opted as an Additional Director of the Company, at the Meeting of Board of Directors of the Company held on July 04, 2009.
--Registered Office of the Company has been shifted from "Gnanananda Place, Kalapet, Puducherry - 605014 to "TEAM HOUSE", GST Salai, Vandalur, Chennai - 600048,
- Chemfab Alkalis Limited has appointed Mr. K. Mohamed Ibrahim as Company Secretary of the Company with effect from March 10, 2010.
- The Board of Directors of the Company have recommended a payment of Dividend of Rs.2.50 per Equity Share of Rs.5/- each (50%).
-The company has declared Interim Dividend of Rs 5.00 per share.
-Mr. S.C. Sai Narayanan has been appointed as Company Secretary of the Company.
-The company got ICC award 2012 - "Certificate of Merit for Water Resource Management in chemical industry".
-Mr. K. Mohamed Ibrahim has been appointed as Company Secretary of the Company .
-Chemfab Alkalies Ltd. received National Energy Conservation Award 2016 First Prize in the Chlor-Alkali Sector.
- Chemfab Alkalies Ltd. received FICCI Chemicals and Petrochemicals Awards 2016 Most Environment-Friendly Company Chemical sector
- Chemfab Alkalies Ltd.received Governance Award -2016