|The Company was incorporated on September 8, 1943 as a Public Limited Company at Gwalior in the name and style of 'Texmaco (Gwalior) Ltd.' under the provisions of the Gwalior Companies' Act (I of Samvat 1963). The said name of the company was changed to 'Central India Machinery Manufacturing Co. Ltd.' on June 22, 1956 and was again changed to 'Cimmco Limited' on December 6, 1985.
The Company has now attained a significant size and in order to have a clear Corporate identity with its originating and promoter group, name of the Company has been changed to 'CIMMCO BIRLA LIMITED' w.e.f. October 3, 1994.
The company was formed to manufacture textile machinery such as looms, winding machines, etc. In 1957, the company set up a unit at Bharatpur for manufacture of railway wagons. In 1956, a Steel Foundry for manufacture of castings was set up at Gwalior. In 1978, an International Trade Division called 'Cimmco International' was set up for promoting export of goods and projects from India. In 1984, the Heavy Engineering Division was set up to manufacture core machinery for cement plants and the Construction Division was formed in 1993.
The erstwhile Xpro India Limited was amalgamated with the Company w.e.f. July 1, 1985, pursuant to Orders dated May 20, 1987 & July 1, 1987 of the Hon'ble High Courts at Calcutta and of Madhya Pradesh respectively. Xpro India is presently engaged in the manufacture of Co-extruded Plastic Sheets and Co-extruded Cast Plastic Films.
The erstwhile Cimmco Spinners Limited, a subsidiary promoted by the company, was amalgamated with the Company w.e.f. April 1, 1993, pursuant to Orders dated May 9, 1994 & May 27, 1994 of the Hon'ble High Courts of Delhi and Madhya Pradesh. Cimmco Spinners is engaged in the manufacture of cotton yarn for exports.
The erstwhile Indian Plastics Limited was amalgamated with the Company w.e.f. April 1, 1993, pursuant to Orders dated August 4, 1994 and August 12, 1994 of the Hon'ble High Courts of Bombay and Madhya Pradesh respectively. The resulting division (known as Xpro India (Bombay) is
presently engaged in the manufacture of varied nature of injection/compression moulded articles and Thermosetting Plastics including Melamine Formaldehyde, Urea Formaldehyde, Phenol Formaldehyde.
Thus, the Company is at present engaged in the business/ manufacture of Textile Machinery and accessories, Steel Castings, Railway Wagons, Structural, Cement Plant Machinery, Cotton Yarn, Construction activities, Coextruded plastic films (Non-Tubular) and moulded products (injection/compression), Thermosetting Plastics as well as Export of
The business and day-to-day affairs of the Company's autonomousdivisions are professionally managed by well qualified and fully authorized senior executives, subject to the overall control, superintendence and directions of the Board of Directors.
- Cimmco Birla Ltd has appointed M/s. L. B. Jha & Co. Chartered Accountants, as the Statutory Auditors of the Company to fill the casual vacancy caused due the resignation of the Auditors of the Company, M/s Jain Pramod Jain & Co. Chartered Accountants.
-Company has changed its name from Cimmco Birla Ltd. to Cimmco Ltd.
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted To Premlata, (4th Floor), 39, Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata 700 017, West Bengal.
-Shri Manoj Jha has been appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
-Sri Ram Narayan Tiwari, Vice President has been appointed as Director (Works) of the Company.
-Cimmco Ltd has Ms. Vinita Bajoria has been appointed as Non Executive Director on the Board of the Company.
-The Registered Office of the company has shifted from Premlata 4th Floor, 39 Shakespeare Sarani Kolkata - 700017 to 756, Anandpur EM Bypass Kolkata - 700107.
-Cimmco receives industrial license to manufacture defence items