- The Company was incorporated on 26th December at Andhra Pradesh. The
Company was instrumental in developing an indigenous base for computer
know-how in the country by offering users the complete range of
computer support services. It provide IT based services and turnkey
solutions connected with all aspects of computers and communications.
- The Company entered other areas of computers and communications
related services like systems consultancy and design, systems
integration soft ware development, data communication and networking
providing total solution to specific needs of clients.
- It took over the maintenance of over 800 IBM data processing and
computer installations in the country in June and later started
maintaining systems of other manufacturers as well.
- The major projects undertaken by the company were (i) 'Coals-rails'
project for Coal India Ltd.; (ii) Pipeline Monitoring and leak
detection SCADA system for ONGC; (iii) Turnkey SCADA system for NTPC
for their generation data acquisition and Monitering; (iv) A
comprehensive Container and Cargo Management system for the Port of
Fujairah; (v) Import Export Cargo Management system for the
international Airports Authority of India and (vi) Technology
updation/modernisation project for UTI.
- 25,27,800 shares were disinvested by the Govt. in favour of GIC and
its subsidiaries at face value.
- Major International Contracts were signed with CMC' Crystal package
to Jordan Phosphate Mining Company, CMC's MACH-Container Terminal
Management System to Port of Penang in Malaysia, ICIM, India Saudi
Business Machines, Saudi Arabia for software and professional services,
Extension order for software project with HRMS Oman, Contract with
RITSEC Egypt for providing professional IT Training Services in Egypt,
A two year consultancy contract with State Commercial Bank, Mauritius.
- The Major projects undertaken were (i) A user friendly foreign
exchange and trade finance package called Bank vision; (ii) A
State-of-the-art-on-line integrated retail banking package the Total
Concept system version 4; (iii) Materials and Maintenance management
project for TISCO; (iv) A project to facilitate allocation of coal to
customers for Eastern Coalfields Ltd.; (v) A sample testing, monitoring
and recording system at the National Test house with high user
satisfaction; (vi) Installation of CDC 870, CDC 930 systems and NCR
3550 at CMC Private STP, Gachibowli; (vii) Installation of
CYC/R(Cyclone)/Integrity a Fault Tolerant Tandem Maintenance. (viii)
MESIEA (Message Simulation Error Analysis) software for LRDE-Bangalore.
- The Company undertook a major restructuring exercise to give focus to
the main line of activities. Five Strategic Business Units viz.
Customer Services, System Integration, International, Education &
Training and Indonet have been formed.
- Major International contracts signed during the year were (i)
Contract for Computer Based Training packages to the European market
place through Electrovision, UK; (ii) Contract for onsite and offshore
software development for specialised tunnelling software for Amberg
Measuring Technique, Switzerland, (iii) Contract for support services
in India and 20 other countries in Middle East for Photogrammetry
equipment supplied by Swiss multinational Leica.
- Another major contract entered by the company was with M/s. Linktek
of Canada for development of Freebalance Financial System.
- Major projects undertaken by the company were (i) The screen based
Stock Trading System for BSE; (ii) Across the Counter sales of unit
Certificate for UTI; (iii) Jacket Inspection system for ONGC; (iv)
Container Terminal Control System for BPT; (v) CMCMAIL package for
Chennai Stock Exchange; (vi) ELINT Ground processing and Display system
project for DLRL; (vii) Corporate Information System for Neyveli
Lignite Corporation; (viii) On-line integrated information system for
Tamilnadu Newsprint & Papers Ltd.; (ix) Integrated Management system
for Assam Oil; (x) Commercial/business system based on sybase and Power
Builder for IBP; (x) Customised implementation of AMIGAS system for
weather forecasting; (xii) Materials management, Track and Trace system
for speed post, Department of Posts; (xiii) Integrated Container
Management system for Tuglakabad Inland Container Depot; (xiv)
Integrated Cargo Management system for IAAI; (xv) Development of
- The Major projects undertaken were: (i) On line screen based Trading
system for Calcutta Stock Exchanges; (ii) Integrated Information system
for Games Management for the South Asian Federation Games at Chennai
and the Sixth African Games at Zimbabwe; (iii) EREB-SCADA Augmentation
project facilitating centralised monitoring of generation data from
various generating stations; (iv) Automatic Message Switching system
for India Meteorological Department; (v) On-line computerisation of
Front office banking operations at Andhra Pradesh using the product
'Bank View'; (vi) Development of software for reconnaissance, direction
finding and frequency monitoring for a critical Electronic Air Warfare
project undertaken by a premier Defence lab; (vii) Computerisation of
Materials Management, Maintenance Management etc. for GSFC and GNFC.
- A 3 year contract for development/support work for Linkteks 'Free
Balance' Financial Management system was signed. Total Concept
Solution (Version 4) was launched by the Company.
- The major projects undertaken by the company were: (i) implementation
of VECTOR for Ludhiana, Cochin, Coimbatore, Indore and Baroda Regional
Stock Exchanges; (ii) Large value turnkey software projects for Indira
Gandhi National Open University, Airport Authority of India and Power
Finance Corporation; (iii) Irrigation project for Teesta River in West
Bengal; (iv) UNIFACE based software project for Linktek Corporation of
Canada; (v) Computerisation project for National Games at Bangalore;
(vi) Upgradation and replacement of Load Dispatch system for Andhra
Pradesh & Tamilnadu State Electricity Boards etc.
- Augmenting the existing systems were received from the Railways and
- The Company tied-up with BaaN one of the world's largest ERP solution
provider and the company received an order for implementation of ERP
from Semi Conductor Ltd, Punjab.
- CMC and Baan signed an agreement under which the former will market
the ERP package developed by Baan.
- The State Bank Institute of Information Communication and Management
(SBIICM), in collaboration with CMC Ltd, has set up intranet to access
various databases set up within the organisation.
- Sun Microsystems, the $8 billion US networking company, has roped in
CMC Ltd, a government of India enterprise, to set up the first
competency centre for development of Sun's Java technologies in
association with the Department of Electronics (DoE) and Nasscom, the
nodal agency of software companies.
- CMC Ltd, was awarded the Techies 97 award for the best maintenance
company, in recognition of providing quality maintenance services in
the fields of hardware, networking and operational services like
- The ports of Bremerhaven and Eurokhai in Hamburg (Germany) have
signed agreement with the CMC.
- CMC set up an ERP development centre in Calcutta in collaboration
with Baan of the Netherlands.
- CMC Ltd, the premier information technology company, launched India's
first insurance application software package Genisys.
- The public sector CMC Ltd. will set up a very-small aperture terminal
(V-Sat) hub in Hyderabad to cash in on the booming industry.
- CMC has also set up a software development and competence centre in
Calcutta which would continue to design and develop products for the
- CMC also wants to establish a wholly owned subsidiary in Europe and
this is most likely to be established in the UK.
- India On-Line (P) Ltd. (IOL), the proposed joint venture between the
MTC consortium and CMC Ltd, is to now function as a wholly-owned
subsidiary of MTC and will be based in New Delhi.
- CMC recently signed an agreement with the New India Assurance Co. to
provide a software application package.
- CMC Limited signed an agreement with ITI Limited to implement an
Enterprise Resource Planning software at the companies facility at
Mankapur in Gonda district.
- Three of General Insurance Corporation's subsidiaries are in talks
with CMC Ltd. for adopting Genisys, the general insurance software
system developed by it.
- The Department of Electronics (DoE) is setting up a Centre for
Electronic Commerce in Hyderabad, to be housed and managed by the
public sector Computer Maintenance Corporation (CMC) Ltd. in its Gutchi
- CMC Ltd. has signed a memorandum of understanding with Bharat Bhari
Udyog Nigam Ltd. (BBUNL) to implement ERP (enterprise resource
planning) across the 10 subsidiaries of the group.
- CMC also owns a 100 per cent subsidiary in the US, Baton Rouge.
- The Company and Research Engineers Pvt Ltd, a subsidiary of Research
Engineers Inc of the US have entered into a collaboration with deemed
university, Bengal Engineering College, to introduce a M Tech course in
information technology (IT).
- The Company has announced the introduction of its new e-DAST program.
- P. K. De has been appointed as director (technical) of information
technology major CMC Ltd.
- CMC Limited has been awarded the Platinum award for Best System
Integrator Partner by Compaq India.
- CMC has entered into a strategic tie-up with Oracle India to offer
Oracle Education Creer Programme.
- CMC Ltd. has designed and developed a Website for the municipal
corporation of Delhi.
-The Government invited bids for privatising computer Hardware major CMC Ltd.
-TCS, Wipro and H-P have submitted Expression of Interest for picking up
government's stake in CMC Ltd.
-Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology along with CMC Ltd,
is now evolving the required technology that will enable domestic banks to foray
into electronic commerce in a big way.
-The president of India has appointed Shri Y S Bhave, Joint Secretary and Financial
Advisor, Ministry of Information Technology on the Board of the company as the
part time official Director.
-CMC Ltd has developed a range of applications covering the entire gamut of banking
and insurance sectors,including software solutions for electronic payment gateways
-Government has sold 51% of its stake in State-run computer software and maintainence
firm CMC toTata Sons for Rs.152crs.
-Tata Sons has invited Shardul S Shroff, managing partner of law firm to join the board
of CMC Ltd.
-CMC reconstituted its Board of Directors:
Mr.S Ramdorai, Chairman
Mr.S S Ghosh, Managing Director
Mr Ishaat Hussain, Director
Mr R Ramanan, Director
Mr Y S Bhave, Government Nominee
-Tata's stocks are valued at more than Rs.320cr in CMC Ltd.
-Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with CMC Ltd for implementing advanced IT solutions for power systems.
-CMC Ltd has signed a MoU with Hyderabad based Jawaharlal Nehru Technology Unviersity
to provide IT training and soft skills for engineering college students in new and emerging
-TCS and CMC together have bagged a Rs.84cr contract from a US country for outsourcing
-CMC Ltd has declare that it has build up Games Management Software that facilitates
management of mega sporting events by processing large data and helps disseminate
-CMC Ltd has obtained order to implement the state's pretigious commercial tax computerization and networking project.
-National Bank of Bahrain has signed a contract with CMC Ltd for the installation and
implementation of CMC core banking solution.
-CMC has developed and implemented a PDA-BASED Healthcare project called
India Health Care (IHC) in Nalgonda District of Andhra Pradesh.
-CMC Ltd has obtained orders worth Rs.150crs in various sectors like banking, port, cargo, railways and e-governance projects, both from domestic and overseas market.
-CMC has also successfully unveiled its Total Concept of Banking System(TC/4)
at the 55th branch of United Western Bank.
-Mr Y S Bhave, Director of the company has resigned.
-Mr. R Chandrasekhar, Joint Secretary, Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, has been appointed as Director of the company with effect from December 04, 2003.
-Mr. S S Ghosh has completed his term as Managing Director & CEO on December 12, 2003. Mr. R Ramanan, who was Dy. Managing Director & COO of the company, has been elevated as Managing Director & CEO w.e.f. December 13, 2003.
-Xilinx Inc on February 25, 2004 announced a strategic partnership with CMC Ltd. The new Xilinx - CMC India Development Centre (XIDC) in Hyderabad is being established to develop field programmable gate array (FPGA) solutions targeted at high-growth markets, such as digital consumer electronics, automotive and communications.
-Govt. of India offloads its remaining equity in CMC Ltd. by selling 3.98 million shares through public issue at a price of Rs 485 per share
-Tata Sons has transferred its entire 51.12 per cent equity stake in CMC to group company Tata Consultancy services (TCS) for Rs 380 crore at Rs 490.5 a share.
-CMC Limited has launched a new training programme called EDGE - Essential Diploma for Graduate Engineer, a placement-oriented training programme catering to requirements of both IT companies and job aspirants
- Equity shares of CMC Ltd delisted from Hyderabad Stock Exchange from June 3.
-EMC Corporation has appointed CMC as its systems integrator partner and provider of IT services to offer information storage solutions in the Indian market
-CMC in alliance with SAS
-WebEx joins hand with CMC
- CMC Ltd has informed that Ms. Kalpana Morparia has been appointed as Independent Director on the Board of the Company with effect from March 11, 2008.
- CMC Ltd has informed that Mr. S. Mahalingam has been appointed on the Board of Directors of the Company with effect from January 14, 2010 as the Non-Executive Director.