1989 - Cochin Minerals and Rutile Ltd. (CMRL), was incorporated and
obtained the certificate for commencement of Business on 18th
August. It was promoted in the assisted sector by S.N.
Sasidharan, Mathew M. Cherian, a NRI with Kerala State Industrial
Development Corporation (KSIDC). The company is engaged in the
Manufacture of Synthetic Rutile, Ferric Chloride and recovered
- The Company undertook to set up a 100% EOU on a piece of land
admeasuring 10 acres at Edayar area Development in Alwaye in
- Orders for critical items of plant and machinery including coke
reduction plant consisting of rotary roaster and cooler,
digestive plant etc. were placed.
- M/s. Eastern Paper Mills Ltd., were to provide for Spherical
rotory digesters and National Sugar Industries Ltd. rutile drying
1994 - 8,50,000 shares 1,50,000 shares of Rs 10 each allotted to
promoters, directors and KSIDC respectively. 31,00,000 No. of
equity shares of Rs 10 each were then issued at par in 1992 of
which 4,40,000 shares and 4,00,000 were reserved and allotted to
NRI Indian promoters and non-repatriation basis and Canbank
Mutual Fund respectively. Of the remaining 4,60,000 shares and
2,05,000 shares were reserved for allotment on a preferential
basis to KSIDC and employees respectively. Balance 18,00,000
shares along with 1,72,200 shares not taken up under preference
allotment. Additional 6,15,000 shares were allotted to retain
1995 - The Company received mining lease from the government of Kerala
for Beach Sand Minerals at Neendakara-Kayamkulam belt.
- 23,57,500 rights equity shares issued in proportion 1:2 (only
22,52,027 shares taken up) Balance 1,05,473 shares were left to
the discretion of the Directors. In addition 7,57,500 shares
allotted to on a firm basis to private promoters.
-Cochin Minerals enters into agreement with Regional Research Laboratory, Trivandrum
- Cochin Minerals & Rutiles Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on May 27, 2009, has appointed Mr. Saran S Kartha, son of Mr. S N Sasidharan Kartha, as an additional director with immediate effect. He is a Promoter Director.
-Cochin Minerals & Rutiles has recommended dividend of 15 percent (Rs. 1.50 per share)
-Cochin Minerals & Rutiles has recommended dividend of 17.5 percent (Rs. 1.75 per share)
-Cochin Minerals & Rutiles has recommended dividend of Rs. 12 per share including Rs. 10/- per share
-Board has has recommended a dividend of Rs. 10 per share including Rs. 8 per share as special dividend.
-Board has recommended a Dividend of 10% for the year 2014.