|Our Company was formed in the year 1947 in the name of 'The Coromandel Engineering Company Limited'. The name of our Company was then changed to 'The Coromandel Engineering Company Private Limited' on 14/04/1956. Our Company was again converted into a public limited company and the name was changed to 'The Coromandel Engineering Company Limited' on 05/11/1975 and subsequently to 'Coromandel Engineering Company Limited' on 24/02/2006. We belong to the Murugappa Group of Companies and are into the business of Construction and Property development.
The equity shares of our company listed on the Madras Stock Exchange In the year 1989 Polutech Ltd. was amalgamated with our Company. The share holders of Polutech Ltd. were issued the shares of our company in the ratio of 1:4. Further in the year 1992, Coromandel Prodorite Private Ltd. was amalgamated with our Company. The share holders of Coromandel Prodorite Private Ltd. were issued the shares of our company in the ratio of 5:2.
Incorporated in the year 1947 and belong to the Murugappa Group of Companies. Today, modern management technique has propelled the companys stature to a level of excellence. In the field of civil engineering construction the company strives for perfection and inspires trust. At present it has 2 distinct activities namely:
1947 : Incorporation of the Company
1959 : Built 14 storey, LIC Building on Anna Salai, Chennai which is one of the
tallest buildings in South India
1975: Converted into public limited
1987-88 : Ventured into the business of property development
1989 : Amalgamation of Polutech Ltd. with CECL
1989 : Issue of 3,85,295 equity shares of Rs. 10/- each for cash at par on Rights basis
1992 : Amalgamation of Coromandel Prodorite Private Ltd. with CECL
2006 : Coromandel Holdings and Minerals Limited (CHML) was merged with