1985 - The Company was Incorporated as 'Himachal Electronics Ltd.' on
24th July at Himachal Pradesh. The name of the Company was
changed to present one on 26th August 1986. The Company was
promoted by Ashok Jaipuria, his associates and Cosmo Films Ltd.
- The Company had set up a project for the manufacture of 500 TPA
of soft ferrites in technical collaboration with Elektro-Consult,
Berlin and Kombinat VEB Keramische Werke, Hermsdorf at Village
Siula, Himachal Pradesh.
- The products manufactured by the Company find application in
colour and black/white TVs, computers, lighting industries,
telecom switching exchange, transmission equipments etc.
- The Company's object is to manufacture soft ferrites.
1987 - During Jan/Feb. the Company offered 27,58,400 No. of equity
shares of Rs.10 each for cash at par as follows: 12,58,400
shares to promoters, directors, 5,00,000 shares to cosmo films,
1,38,000 shares to employees and 8,62,000 shares to public. All
1992 - 37,60,000 shares allotted to Financial Institution on
conversion of loan.
1993 - 6,00,000 shares allotted on conversion of loan to financial
institution. 2,500 shares forfeited.
1994 - Margins came under pressure due to reduction in import duties on
soft ferrites from 50% to 40% and due to inflationary increase in
- 9,00,000 shares allotted to promoters and associates on private
placement basis. Forfeiture on 2,500 shares annulled.
1995 - Margins came under pressure due to reduction in import duties
from 40% to 25% increase in overheads and increase in
international prices of raw materials due to demand supply
dynamics in the supply industries.
- The Company was expanding manufacturing capacity by setting up a
new unit at Jabli, Himachal Pradesh which was expected to triple
the existing capacity.
-The members have approved to delist the shares from Delhi, Ludhiana and Calcutta Stock Exchanges.
- Cosmo Ferrites Ltd has appointed Mr. B B Tandon as Additional Director of the Company w.e.f. January 25, 2007.
- Cosmo Ferrites Ltd has informed that Mr. Hemant Laxman Paranjpe has been appointed as the Additional Director (Independent) of the Company on July 29, 2009