|1884 - Established by Dr. S K Burman at Kolkata
1896 - First production unit established at Garhia
1919 - First R&D unit established
Early 1900s - Production of Ayurvedic medicines Dabur identifies nature-based Ayurvedic medicines as its area of specialisation. It is the first Company to provide health care through scientifically tested and automated production of formulations based on our traditional science.
1930 - Automation and upgradation of Ayurvedic products manufacturing initiated
1936 - Dabur (Dr. S K Burman) Pvt. Ltd. Incorporated
1940 - Personal care through AyurvedaDabur introduces Indian consumers to personal care through Ayurveda, with the launch of Dabur Amla Hair Oil. So popular is the product that it becomes the largest selling hair oil brand in India.
1949 - Launched Dabur Chyawanprash in tin pack Widening the popularity and usage of traditional Ayurvedic products continues. The ancient restorative Chyawanprash is launched in packaged form, and becomes the first branded Chyawanprash in India.
1957 - Computerisation of operations initiated
1970 - Entered Oral Care & Digestives segment Addressing rural markets where homemade oral care is more popular than multinational brands, Dabur introduces Lal Dant Manjan. With this a conveniently packaged herbal toothpowder is made available at affordable costs to the masses.
1972 - Shifts base to Delhi from Calcutta
1975 - The Company was incorporated on 16th September for manufacture of high grade edible & industrial guargum powder and its sophisticated derivatives. It was incorporated in the name of Vishal Chemical (India) Ltd.
1978 - Launches Hajmola tablet Dabur continues to make innovative products based on traditional formulations that can provide holistic care in our daily life. An Ayurvedic medicine used as a digestive aid is branded and launched as the popular Hajmola tablet.
1979 - Dabur Research Foundation set up
1979 - Commercial production starts at Sahibabad, the most modern herbal medicines plant at that time
- On 19th September, the name was changed to Vidogum and Chemicals Ltd. The capacity of the plant was 2700 tpa of modified and refined guargum powder and derivatives such as oxidised guargum, carboxymethylated guargum, sydoxalkylated, guargum and similar carbo hydrate modification. It was promoted by Dabur (S. K. Burman) Pvt. Ltd. and founded in 1884 in Calcutta. The company manufacture herbal and Ayurvedic medicines and cosmetics in India. The other products are Dabur Amla Hair Oil, Badur Chavanprash, Pudin Hara etc.
- The company undertook to set up a unit at Matsya Industrial Estate, Alwar, Rajasthan for manufacture of edible and industrial grade guargum powder and its derivatives.
1984 - Dabur completes 100 years
1988 - Launches pharmaceutical medicines
1989 - Care with fun The Ayurvedic digestive formulation is converted into a children's fun product with the launch of Hajmola Candy. In an innovative move, a curative product is converted to a confectionary item for wider usage.
1992 - A new range of coconut oil under the brand name `Anmol' was launched. The company developed Dab 10, an intermediate for anti-cancer drug namely Taxol.
- The Company undertook to implement a phytopharma project at Ghaziabad U.P. This unit would manufacture a specialised anti cancer drug Taxot apart from manufacture of chemical intermediary for cancer drug and Terfenadine a non sedative anti allergic drug. The installed capacity of Taxot, the intermediate drug and anti allergic drug would be `6 Kg, 40 Kgs. and 18 tonnes respectively.
- The company entered into a joint venture agreement with M/s. Guldenhorst BV Netherland to form a company for manufacture and marketing of all types of bubble gum, chewing gum, toffees, chocolate and cocoa related products, sugar based spreading creams etc. The
company co-promoted Dabur Finance Ltd. to carry on the business of leasing, financing etc.
- 45,50,520 shares allotted. Pursuant to a scheme of amalgamation of Dabur with Vidogum.
- New products launched were `Dentacare,' Vatika and Lactonic which were well received in the market.
- An integrated facility was designed at Alwar for manufacture of Ayurvedic Veterinary range at Alwar, a joint venture in technical collaboration with Shikobo Ltd., Japan to extend the range of natural gum products into speciality products.
- The company also undertook to set up a project in Himachal Pradesh for manufacture of Hajmola, honey, Gulabari, Pudin Hara, Lavan Bhaskar Churna and soft gel capsules, part of the existing range of products.
- At its Sahibabad plant, the company undertook to install various balancing equipments, mechanise operations, hitherto performed manually, instal reverse Osmosis plant, a concentration plant for extraction of herbs, barks, roots, seed etc.
- The company also undertook to upgrade amla pulping section, expand storage space for ayurvedic raw materials and to meet the cost of the installation of two additional DG sets.
- The Company floated two companies a manufacturing unit in Egypt in the name of Dabur Egypt Ltd. and Dadur International Ltd. in BVI. The company entered into a joint venture with Seprache International Ltd. in the name of `Innova' Inc. For manufacture of anti cancer drug namely `Paclitaxel'.
- The company signed a MOU with Osein Internatinal Ltd. for manufacture of biscuits, snack, foods & other products in India.
- In addition to the existing products, the company exported products like an improved version of Chyawanprash (with more honey and less pungency) liquid form of Chyawanprash an aqueous based, hair vitalizer Melatonine etc.
- 182,02,080 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 4:1. During November 1993, the company issued 57,00,000 equity shares of Rs 10 lakh at a prem. of Rs 85 per share of which the following were reserved for allotment on a preferential basis: (1) 2,64,000 sh ares to employees of
the company's shareholders of group cos. (all were taken up); (2) 5,27,000 shares to NRIs (all were taken); (3) 11,40,000 shares to Indian Fin. Insts. (only 8,38,400) shares taken up; (4) 5,40,000 shares to FIIs (all were taken up); (5) 6,00,000 shares to Indian Mutual Funds (all were taken up). Balance 26,29,000 shares along with 3,01,600 shares not taken up by FIIs, issued to public. Additional 56,530 equity shares allotted.
- The company launched Madhuvanni an anticough preparation.
- A unit was being set up at Baddi for manufacture of Chywanprash Janma Ghunti, Lal Tail, Dashmularishta and Ashokarishta. Semi synthetic pacitaxel and Docetaxel and various front line anti cancer drugs were being produced both for domestic as well as export market. The company proposed to double the volume of the Katni plant and introduce modern technology in processing Amla with high productivity and improved quality.
- The company undertook to set up a joint venture in Bangrain of France in the names of Dabon International Pvt. Ltd. Another joint venture viz. General de Confiteria Pvt. Ltd. commenced commerical production in April 1995.
- The Company set up a new manufacturing unit with a high degree of automation at Baddi (H.P.), to produce company's well known brands viz. Chyawanprash, Janma Ghunti, Ayurvedic oils and Asva-Arishtas. A modern air conditioned packing line was commissioned at Sahibabad for homemade brands of ethnic pastes and line juices.
- The Dabur India Ltd has formed a joint venture with Osem of Israel for the production of food product in India. The joint venture named as Excelcia Food Pvt Ltd will have the Rs.15 paid up capital in which Dabur will have 60 per cent stake while Osem will have the rest 40 per
cent holding in the company.
- The company extended its range of real fruit juice by offering mixed fruit juice and tomato juice. Its veterinary division launched `mastilep' for curing mastitis in cattle.
- Dabur India launched a range of extruded snack foods, ready-to-use cooking pastes and sauces here on Thursday.
- Dabur India is negotiating with Antonio Puig of Spain, the maker of the Paco Rabanne perfume range, and Kesling of France to set up joint ventures in the country as a part of its strategy to establish a strong presence in the personal care sector.
- Dabur India Ltd, Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd and Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. have signed agreements with NSDL to get their securities admitted for dematerialisation at NSDL.
- Dabur Industries Ltd has signed a tripartite agreement with the National Securities Depository Ltd and MCS ltd for dematerialising Dabur shares, becoming the first MCG company to avail of the facility.
- Dabur India Ltd is launching a new communication campaign this month to reposition its oldest brand - `Pudinhara'.
- Dabur India Ltd on 19th January 1998 launched low sodium cooking salt called Nutrasalt in Chandigrah.
- Dabur signed a joint venture with Bongrain International SA of France to form a new company called Dabon International Ltd
- Dabur India Ltd has launched a range of ayurvedic health care products for dogs under the umbrella brand name Ayupet.
- Dabur India Ltd (DIL) has commissioned consultancy firm Noble and Hewitt to script a employee stock option plan.
- Dabur India has tied up with Godrej Foods for the manufacture and packaging of its `Real' range of fruit juices and fruit drinks in tetrapacks.
- Dabur India Ltd has entered into an agreement with its Spanish partner Agrolimen to offload its 49 per cent stake in the joint venture company General De Confiteria India Ltd in favour of an Agrolimen group company.
- Dabur Pharmaceuticals Limited (DPL) has set up its first overseas arm in Britain with a $5 million investment commitment and is considering similar ventures in Russia as well as South African countries.
- The Company has taken Nestle SA to the Company Law Board (CLB) charging the latter with "arm-twisting" it as a majority shareholder in their biscuit manufacturing joint venture Excelcia Foods Ltd (EFL).
- FMCG major Dabur, along with US insurance company Allstate and Prudential-ICICI joint venture have applied for life insurance license as the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority .
- The Company has divested its entire 40 per cent stake in the controversial joint venture Excelcia Foods with Swiss major Nestle SA for a token amount of Rs 10.
- The Company sub-divide the fully paid-up equity shares of Rs. 10 each into 10 fully paid-up equity shares of Re. 1 each.
- Three domestic pharma companies - Cadila Pharmaceuticals, Shantha Biotech and Dabur India have signed an agreement with the department of biotechnology (DBT) for developing and marketing basic molecules in leprosy, hepatitis and tumor disease segments.
- Crisil reaffirmed the highest safety rating of `P1+' to the company's Rs 100-crore commercial paper programme. Crisil has reaffirmed it's AA rating, indicating high safety, assigned to the Rs 20 crore non-convertible debenture issue of the company.
- Dabur India Ltd., has launched Efarelle Comfort, a natural menstrual pain reliever.
- Dabur India's ayurvedic specialities division has launched plain isabgol husk under the brand name Nature Care.
- Dabur India Ltd. proposes to increase the number of directors on its board, by adding three new directors. 2002
- Dabur India Ltd has informed that Mr. Ninu Khanna would now be continuing as CEO & Director till the Date of the next Board Meeting scheduled to be held on January 22, 2002.
- Dabur India Ltd has informed that Mr.Ninu Khanna has resigned as Chief Executive Officer and Director of the Company and the resignation has been accepted.
- Dabur India Ltd has informed that the Compensation Committee has allotted 16660 fully paid equity shares of Re 1 each for cash at par to the employees of the Company.
- Dabur India Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors has approved the restructuring of the Board. Mr A CBurman, Mr Sidharth Burman, Air Chief Marshal N C Suri (Retd), Mr S M Datta, Mr Raja Vijay Karan.Mr Ashok Goenka have resigned from the Directorship of the Company and the Board has accepted the same w e f April 1, 2002.Further, Mr V C Burman and Mr Pradip Burman have also resigned from the Whole-time Directorship of the Company. Mr V C Burman and Mr Pradip Burman will, however continue as Non-executive Directors of the Company.
-Pradip Burman appointed as Whole time Director of Dabur India.
-The Board of Directors of Dabur India Ltd has appointed Mr Sunil Duggal as Chief Executive Officer of the company wef July 01, 2002.
-The fourth Largest FMCG, Dabur India Ltd has tied with Free Markets Inc. for using leading edge technologies to execute online markets for its procurement needs.
-CRISIL assigned "CRISIL GVC LEVEL 2" rating for governance and value creation practices of the company.
-Dabur has sued Pharmaseutical major Ranbaxy for telecasting the comparative commercial of "Pepfiz".
-Dabur India has inducted Mr.Siddharth Burman as the chairman and Mr Sunil Duggal, Mr.P D Narang and Mr Charanjit Mohan as the directors of the 4-member board of Dabur India's global arm based in Dubai.
-The company acquired 10,00,000 ordinary fully paid shares of 1 Pound Sterling each of Redrock Limited with this acquisition Redrock Limited has become a wholly owned subsidiary of the company. Redrock Limited is engaged in the business of manufacture and sale of various cosmetics, toiletries and health care products and operates from the Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone in Dubai.
-Acquires equity in Shri Dhanwantry Educational Society
-Dabur forges alliance with Dhanwantry
-Dabur launch new Herbal pill for diabetics
-Dabur set to acquire Egyptian hair oil brand Touch
-Dabur India gets Tetra Pak award
-Dabur India inks pact with Accenture for outsourcing
-Implements `Spend visibility solution' software provided by FreeMarkets Inc to control costs and strengthen the company's procurement process
-Dabur ties up Uttarnachal for cancer drug
-Dabur India has acquired a Nigerian company African Consumer Care Ltd, a step precursor to its plans to go on-shore for manufacturing in the country
-Dabur join hands with DLF for healthcare hub
-Delists equity shares from The Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd (CSE) with effect from January 27, 2005,
- Completes the acquisition process of Balsara Hygiene Products Ltd & Besta Cosmetics Ltd on April 16, 2005.
-Dabur signs Sonu Nigam to endorse cough drops
-Dabur acquires Balsara's businesses for Rs.1.43 bn
-Dabur's Director P D Narang appoints as Chairman of PTL
-Dabur India secures prestigious National Award from ICSI
-Dabur promoters acquires stake in Vishal Mega Mart
-Dabur crosses $2 bln market cap, adopts US GAAP.
- Approves FCCB/GDR/ADR up to $200 million
-Dabur India has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:2.
-Dabur India decides to merge its wholly-owned subsidiary Dabur Foods Limited with itself to extract synergies and unlock operational efficiencies. The integration will also help Dabur sharpen focus on the high growth business of foods and beverages, and enter newer product categories in this space
-Dabur India announced its foray into the organised retail business through a wholly-owned subsidiary, H&B Stores Ltd. Dabur will invest Rs 140 crores by 2010 to establish its presence in the retail market in India with a chain of stores on the Health & Beauty format.
2008 - Acquires Fem Care Pharma
Dabur India acquires Fem Care Pharma, a leading player in the women's skin care market. Besides an entry into the high-growth skin care market with an established brand name FEM, this transaction also offers Dabur a strong platform to enter newer product categories and markets.
-Dabur India - Launch of First Retail Store by Subsidiary Company
- Dabur India Ltd has appointed Dr. Ajay Dua as an Additional Director of the Company under the category of Independent, Non Executive Director w.e.f. September 03, 2009.
- Dabur launched Odomos Naturals, a range of personal application mosquito repellents packed with Aloe Vera and Citronella with two options, cream and lotion.
-Dabur Red Toothpaste becomes the Dabur's ninth Billion Rupee brand. Dabur Red Toothpaste crosses the billion rupee turnover mark within five years of its launch.
- Dabur India announced on Monday that it has acquired a leading personal care products company Hobi Kozmetik Group.
- Dabur Acquires Namaste Group For $100 Million".
- Dabur Chyawanprash was launched in Orange and Mango flavoured variants.
- Dabur Amla Hair Oils enters Limca Book of Records for achieving a record feat of hosting the longest ever non-stop head massage marathon.
- Dabur India has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
- Dabur enters professional skin care market with the launch of OxyLife Professional Facial Kit, created exclusively for professional use.
- Dabur India Ltd. launches its first-ever online shopping portal www.daburuveda.com.
- Dabur India acquires 30-Plus from Ajanta Pharma.
- Dabur India Ltd sets up new subsidiary in Sri Lanka Dabur Lanka (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Dabur India Ltd launches Dabur Almond Hair Oil.
- Namaste Cosmeticos Ltd, has been added as the Company's new step down subsidiary Company in Brazil.
- Dabur India has expanded its range of fruit juices viz. RÃ©al Activ.
- Mr. Lalit Malik has joined as Chief Financial Officer of the Company.
-Dabur Is First Company To Be Listed On MCX-SX
-Dabur Enters Yoghurt Drink Market With Brand Real Activ
-Dabur Expands Skin Care Portfolio, launches Oxy Life Gel Bleach
-Dabur Launches New Fruit Juice Range : Real SupaFruits
-Dabur Enters Male Grooming Market
-Dabur Launches Indias First Oral Health Portal
-Dabur Vatika launches Hibiscus range of Shampoo, Hair Oil; Marks next big Innovation in Hair Care
-Dabur Babool builds Oral Hygiene awareness among 80,000 school kids
-Dabur India Ltd Announces 125% Interim Dividend
-Dabur Launches Anmol Coconut Hair Oil with Jasmine
-Dabur Chyawanprash announces "Immune India School Challenge 2014"
-Dabur Launches India First Ayurvedic Medical Journal
-Dabur enters Packaged Coconut Water market with Real Activ
-Dabur India Ltd has inked an agreement with Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG).
-Dabur India Ltd has introduced an array of professional salon facial products for men and women under the Oxlife brand
-Dabur India has introduced the sugar-free version of its popular ayurvedic product Chyawanprash named Ratnaprash SugarFree
-Dabur Unveils New Premium Natural Baby Care Brand
-Dabur acquires South African cosmetic firm Discaria Trading
-Dabur India launches fruit juice-based aerated drinks