|1884 - Established by Dr. S K Burman at Kolkata
1896 - First production unit established at Garhia
1919 - First R&D unit established
Early 1900s - Production of Ayurvedic medicines
Dabur identifies nature-based Ayurvedic medicines as its area of specialisation. It is the first Company to provide health care through scientifically tested and automated production of formulations based on our traditional science.
1930 - Automation and upgradation of Ayurvedic products manufacturing initiated
1936 - Dabur (Dr. S K Burman) Pvt. Ltd. Incorporated
1940 - Personal care through AyurvedaDabur introduces Indian consumers to personal care through Ayurveda, with the launch of Dabur Amla Hair Oil. So popular is the product that it becomes the largest selling hair oil brand in India.
1949 - Launched Dabur Chyawanprash in tin pack
Widening the popularity and usage of traditional Ayurvedic products continues. The ancient restorative Chyawanprash is launched in packaged form, and becomes the first branded Chyawanprash in India.
1957 - Computerisation of operations initiated
1970 - Entered Oral Care & Digestives segment
Addressing rural markets where homemade oral care is more popular than multinational brands, Dabur introduces Lal Dant Manjan. With this a conveniently packaged herbal toothpowder is made available at affordable costs to the masses.
1972 - Shifts base to Delhi from Calcutta
1975 - The Company was incorporated on 16th September for manufacture of
high grade edible & industrial guargum powder and its sophisticated
derivatives. It was incorporated in the name of Vishal Chemical
1978 - Launches Hajmola tablet
Dabur continues to make innovative products based on traditional formulations that can provide holistic care in our daily life. An Ayurvedic medicine used as a digestive aid is branded and launched as the popular Hajmola tablet.
1979 - Dabur Research Foundation set up
1979 - Commercial production starts at Sahibabad, the most modern herbal medicines plant at that time
- On 19th September, the name was changed to Vidogum and Chemicals Ltd.
The capacity of the plant was 2700 tpa of modified and refined guargum
powder and derivatives such as oxidised guargum, carboxymethylated
guargum, sydoxalkylated, guargum and similar carbo hydrate
modification. It was promoted by Dabur (S. K. Burman) Pvt. Ltd. and
founded in 1884 in Calcutta. The company manufacture herbal and
Ayurvedic medicines and cosmetics in India. The other products are
Dabur Amla Hair Oil, Badur Chavanprash, Pudin Hara etc.
- The company undertook to set up a unit at Matsya Industrial Estate,
Alwar, Rajasthan for manufacture of edible and industrial grade guargum
powder and its derivatives.
1984 - Dabur completes 100 years
1988 - Launches pharmaceutical medicines
1989 - Care with fun
The Ayurvedic digestive formulation is converted into a children's fun product with the launch of Hajmola Candy. In an innovative move, a curative product is converted to a confectionary item for wider usage.
1992 - A new range of coconut oil under the brand name 'Anmol' was launched.
The company developed Dab 10, an intermediate for anti-cancer drug
- The Company undertook to implement a phytopharma project at Ghaziabad
U.P. This unit would manufacture a specialised anti cancer drug Taxot
apart from manufacture of chemical intermediary for cancer drug and
Terfenadine a non sedative anti allergic drug. The installed capacity
of Taxot, the intermediate drug and anti allergic drug would be '6 Kg,
40 Kgs. and 18 tonnes respectively.
- The company entered into a joint venture agreement with M/s.
Guldenhorst BV Netherland to form a company for manufacture and
marketing of all types of bubble gum, chewing gum, toffees, chocolate
and cocoa related products, sugar based spreading creams etc. The
company co-promoted Dabur Finance Ltd. to carry on the business of
leasing, financing etc.
- 45,50,520 shares allotted. Pursuant to a scheme of amalgamation of
Dabur with Vidogum.
- New products launched were 'Dentacare,' Vatika and Lactonic which
were well received in the market.
- An integrated facility was designed at Alwar for manufacture of
Ayurvedic Veterinary range at Alwar, a joint venture in technical
collaboration with Shikobo Ltd., Japan to extend the range of natural
gum products into speciality products.
- The company also undertook to set up a project in Himachal Pradesh
for manufacture of Hajmola, honey, Gulabari, Pudin Hara, Lavan Bhaskar
Churna and soft gel capsules, part of the existing range of products.
- At its Sahibabad plant, the company undertook to install various
balancing equipments, mechanise operations, hitherto performed
manually, instal reverse Osmosis plant, a concentration plant for
extraction of herbs, barks, roots, seed etc.
- The company also undertook to upgrade amla pulping section, expand
storage space for ayurvedic raw materials and to meet the cost of the
installation of two additional DG sets.
- The Company floated two companies a manufacturing unit in Egypt in
the name of Dabur Egypt Ltd. and Dadur International Ltd. in BVI. The
company entered into a joint venture with Seprache International Ltd.
in the name of 'Innova' Inc. For manufacture of anti cancer drug namely
- The company signed a MOU with Osein Internatinal Ltd. for manufacture
of biscuits, snack, foods & other products in India.
- In addition to the existing products, the company exported products
like an improved version of Chyawanprash (with more honey and less
pungency) liquid form of Chyawanprash an aqueous based, hair vitalizer
- 182,02,080 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 4:1. During November
1993, the company issued 57,00,000 equity shares of Rs 10 lakh at a
prem. of Rs 85 per share of which the following were reserved for
allotment on a preferential basis: (1) 2,64,000 shares to employees of
the company's shareholders of group cos. (all were taken up); (2)
5,27,000 shares to NRIs (all were taken); (3) 11,40,000 shares to
Indian Fin. Insts. (only 8,38,400) shares taken up; (4) 5,40,000 shares
to FIIs (all were taken up); (5) 6,00,000 shares to Indian Mutual Funds
(all were taken up). Balance 26,29,000 shares along with 3,01,600
shares not taken up by FIIs, issued to public. Additional 56,530
equity shares allotted.
- The company launched Madhuvanni an anticough preparation.
- A unit was being set up at Baddi for manufacture of Chywanprash Janma
Ghunti, Lal Tail, Dashmularishta and Ashokarishta. Semi synthetic
pacitaxel and Docetaxel and various front line anti cancer drugs were
being produced both for domestic as well as export market. The company
proposed to double the volume of the Katni plant and introduce modern
technology in processing Amla with high productivity and improved
- The company undertook to set up a joint venture in Bangrain of France
in the names of Dabon International Pvt. Ltd. Another joint venture
viz. General de Confiteria Pvt. Ltd. commenced commerical production in
- The Company set up a new manufacturing unit with a high degree of
automation at Baddi (H.P.), to produce company's well known brands viz.
Chyawanprash, Janma Ghunti, Ayurvedic oils and Asva-Arishtas. A modern
air conditioned packing line was commissioned at Sahibabad for homemade
brands of ethnic pastes and line juices.
- The Dabur India Ltd has formed a joint venture with Osem of Israel
for the production of food product in India. The joint venture named
as Excelcia Food Pvt Ltd will have the Rs.15 paid up capital in which
Dabur will have 60 per cent stake while Osem will have the rest 40 per
cent holding in the company.
- The company extended its range of real fruit juice by offering mixed
fruit juice and tomato juice. Its veterinary division launched
'mastilep' for curing mastitis in cattle.
- Dabur India launched a range of extruded snack foods, ready-to-use
cooking pastes and sauces here on Thursday.
- Dabur India is negotiating with Antonio Puig of Spain, the maker of
the Paco Rabanne perfume range, and Kesling of France to set up joint
ventures in the country as a part of its strategy to establish a strong
presence in the personal care sector.
- Dabur India Ltd, Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd and Ranbaxy
Laboratories Ltd. have signed agreements with NSDL to get their
securities admitted for dematerialisation at NSDL.
- Dabur Industries Ltd has signed a tripartite agreement with the
National Securities Depository Ltd and MCS ltd for dematerialising
Dabur shares, becoming the first MCG company to avail of the facility.
- Dabur India Ltd is launching a new communication campaign this month
to reposition its oldest brand - 'Pudinhara'.
- Dabur India Ltd on 19th January 1998 launched low sodium cooking salt
called Nutrasalt in Chandigrah.
- Dabur signed a joint venture with Bongrain International SA of France
to form a new company called Dabon International Ltd
- Dabur India Ltd has launched a range of ayurvedic health care
products for dogs under the umbrella brand name Ayupet.
- Dabur India Ltd (DIL) has commissioned consultancy firm Noble and
Hewitt to script a employee stock option plan.
- Dabur India has tied up with Godrej Foods for the manufacture and
packaging of its 'Real' range of fruit juices and fruit drinks in
- Dabur India Ltd has entered into an agreement with its Spanish
partner Agrolimen to offload its 49 per cent stake in the joint venture
company General De Confiteria India Ltd in favour of an Agrolimen group
- Dabur Pharmaceuticals Limited (DPL) has set up its first overseas arm
in Britain with a $5 million investment commitment and is considering
similar ventures in Russia as well as South African countries.
- The Company has taken Nestle SA to the Company Law Board (CLB)
charging the latter with 'arm-twisting' it as a majority shareholder in
their biscuit manufacturing joint venture Excelcia Foods Ltd (EFL).
- FMCG major Dabur, along with US insurance company Allstate and
Prudential-ICICI joint venture have applied for life insurance license
as the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority .
- The Company has divested its entire 40 per cent stake in the
controversial joint venture Excelcia Foods with Swiss major Nestle SA
for a token amount of Rs 10.
- The Company sub-divide the fully paid-up equity shares of Rs. 10 each
into 10 fully paid-up equity shares of Re. 1 each.
- Three domestic pharma companies - Cadila Pharmaceuticals, Shantha
Biotech and Dabur India have signed an agreement with the department of
biotechnology (DBT) for developing and marketing basic molecules in
leprosy, hepatitis and tumor disease segments.
- Crisil reaffirmed the highest safety rating of 'P1+' to the company's
Rs 100-crore commercial paper programme. Crisil has reaffirmed it's AA
rating, indicating high safety, assigned to the Rs 20 crore
non-convertible debenture issue of the company.
- Dabur India Ltd., has launched Efarelle Comfort, a natural menstrual
- Dabur India's ayurvedic specialities division has launched plain
isabgol husk under the brand name Nature Care.
- Dabur India Ltd. proposes to increase the number of directors on its
board, by adding three new directors. 2002
- Dabur India Ltd has informed that Mr. Ninu Khanna would now be
continuing as CEO & Director till the Date of the next Board Meeting
scheduled to be held on January 22, 2002.
- Dabur India Ltd has informed that Mr.Ninu Khanna has resigned as
Chief Executive Officer and Director of the Company and the resignation
has been accepted.
- Dabur India Ltd has informed that the Compensation Committee has
allotted 16660 fully paid equity shares of Re 1 each for cash at par to
the employees of the Company.
- Dabur India Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors has approved
the restructuring of the Board. Mr A CBurman, Mr Sidharth Burman, Air
Chief Marshal N C Suri (Retd), Mr S M Datta, Mr Raja Vijay Karan.Mr
Ashok Goenka have resigned from the Directorship of the Company and the
Board has accepted the same w e f April 1, 2002.Further, Mr V C Burman
and Mr Pradip Burman have also resigned from the Whole-time
Directorship of the Company. Mr V C Burman and Mr Pradip Burman will,
however continue as Non-executive Directors of the Company.
-Pradip Burman appointed as Whole time Director of Dabur India.
-The Board of Directors of Dabur India Ltd has appointed Mr Sunil Duggal as Chief Executive Officer of the company wef July 01, 2002.
-The fourth Largest FMCG, Dabur India Ltd has tied with Free Markets Inc. for using
leading edge technologies to execute online markets for its procurement needs.
-CRISIL assigned 'CRISIL GVC LEVEL 2' rating for governance and value creation
practices of the company.
-Dabur has sued Pharmaseutical major Ranbaxy for telecasting the comparative
commercial of 'Pepfiz'.
-Dabur India has inducted Mr.Siddharth Burman as the chairman and Mr Sunil Duggal,
Mr.P D Narang and Mr Charanjit Mohan as the directors of the 4-member board of Dabur
India's global arm based in Dubai.
-The company acquired 10,00,000 ordinary fully paid shares of 1 Pound Sterling each of Redrock Limited with this acquisition Redrock Limited has become a wholly owned subsidiary of the company. Redrock Limited is engaged in the business of manufacture and sale of various cosmetics, toiletries and health care products and operates from the Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone in Dubai.
-Acquires equity in Shri Dhanwantry Educational Society
-Dabur forges alliance with Dhanwantry
-Dabur launch new Herbal pill for diabetics
-Dabur set to acquire Egyptian hair oil brand Touch
-Dabur India gets Tetra Pak award
-Dabur India inks pact with Accenture for outsourcing
-Implements 'Spend visibility solution' software provided by FreeMarkets Inc to control costs and strengthen the company's procurement process
-Dabur ties up Uttarnachal for cancer drug
-Dabur India has acquired a Nigerian company African Consumer Care Ltd, a step precursor to its plans to go on-shore for manufacturing in the country
-Dabur join hands with DLF for healthcare hub
-Delists equity shares from The Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd (CSE) with effect from January 27, 2005,
- Completes the acquisition process of Balsara Hygiene Products Ltd & Besta Cosmetics Ltd on April 16, 2005.
-Dabur signs Sonu Nigam to endorse cough drops
-Dabur acquires Balsara's businesses for Rs.1.43 bn
-Dabur's Director P D Narang appoints as Chairman of PTL
-Dabur India secures prestigious National Award from ICSI
-Dabur promoters acquires stake in Vishal Mega Mart
-Dabur crosses $2 bln market cap, adopts US GAAP.
- Approves FCCB/GDR/ADR up to $200 million
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:2.
-Dabur India decides to merge its wholly-owned subsidiary Dabur Foods Limited with itself to extract synergies and unlock operational efficiencies. The integration will also help Dabur sharpen focus on the high growth business of foods and beverages, and enter newer product categories in this space
-Dabur India announced its foray into the organised retail business through a wholly-owned subsidiary, H&B Stores Ltd. Dabur will invest Rs 140 crores by 2010 to establish its presence in the retail market in India with a chain of stores on the Health & Beauty format.
2008 - Acquires Fem Care Pharma
Dabur India acquires Fem Care Pharma, a leading player in the women's skin care market. Besides an entry into the high-growth skin care market with an established brand name FEM, this transaction also offers Dabur a strong platform to enter newer product categories and markets.
-Dabur India - Launch of First Retail Store by Subsidiary Company
- Dabur India Ltd has appointed Dr. Ajay Dua as an Additional Director of the Company under the category of Independent, Non Executive Director w.e.f. September 03, 2009.
- Dabur launched Odomos Naturals, a range of personal application mosquito repellents packed with Aloe Vera and Citronella with two options, cream and lotion.
-Dabur Red Toothpaste becomes the Dabur's ninth Billion Rupee brand. Dabur Red Toothpaste crosses the billion rupee turnover mark within five years of its launch.