|The Company started operations in 1889 by establishing a spinning mill at Delhi. Since then, it has expanded and diversified its activites into a number of lines.
The Company manufactures cotton, synthetic yarns and textiles, rayon tyre cord, sugar, alcohol and confectionary, heavy chemicals and fertilisers, vanaspati, pvc resin and compounds electronic desk calculators etc.
In 1965-66, the company obtained a licence to set up a fertiliser complex at Kota in the state of Rajasthan for manufacturing nitrogenous fertiliser and it was decided to set up a plant with a company of 2,40,000 tonnes of area per annum at an estimated cost of Rs 25.11 crores.
In 1963-64, the company floated a wholly owned subsidiary company under the name of 'D C M International, Ltd.' for promoting export of cloth and yarn. This subsidiary was taken into members voluntary winding-up on 8th May, 1978.
Parimahal Holding Pvt. Ltd. is a subsidiary of the company.
-DCM Ltd has informed that the certified copy of the order of the Hon'ble Delhi High Court has been received in respect of the Scheme of Restructuring & Arrangement filed by the company u/s 391-394 of the Companies Act, 1956 envisaging debt restructuring and hiving of DCM Engineering Products, a Division of the company into a separate company, and a Scheme of Merger & Amalgamation envisaging merger of DCM Data Systems Ltd with DCM Ltd. and the same has been filed with Registrar of Companies, Delhi and Haryana.
-Dcm Ltd has informed that Mr. Jitendra Tuli, who was appointed as additional director on 20.12.2005, has been regularised as director in the Annual General Meeting of the company held on 27.12.2006.