1989 - The Company was Incorporated on 7th June, and obtained the
Certificate for Commencement of Business on 16th November. It
was promoted by Kmaljit Singh Chairman, Alfa Laval India Ltd.,
Krishan Mohan Khanna, Vice-Chairman, Hoganas Ltd. in technical
and financial collaboration with Oronzio De Nora Group, B.V.
Netherlands that has manufacturing activities in Italy, USA and
- The Company's object to undertake fabrication, coating and
re-coating of mercury metal anodes, coating/re-coating of
cathodes/anodes, manufacture of components for Ion-Exchange
membrane, electrolysers for chlor-alkali industry, water
electrolyser, electro-chlorinator for water electrolysers and
anodes for cathodic protection.
- The Company undertook to set up a project for coating/re-coating
of fabrication of anodes under the mercury process. In view of
this, the Company entered into an agreement with Wimco Ltd., on
30th November, to take over the existing assets and liabilities
of its metal anodes division at Rampur, for a consideration of
Rs. 603 lakhs.
- The Company was also proposed to upgrade its existing facilities
for manufacture of components for membrane cells,
electro-chlorinator for water treatment, water electrolysers for
production of pure hydrogen, anodes for cathodic protection
systems and undertake coating of anodes/cathodes under the
membrane cell process. An important pickling tank along with a
furnace drawings was procured from the collaborators. Other
plant and machinery such as power panels, furnace, forklift etc.
were to be secured from indigenous sources.
- The Company entered into a technical collaboration agreement on
20th September, with Oronzio De Nora, Netherland for selection,
erection and installation of plant and machinery, for design,
engineering and quality assurance etc. The collaborators
participated to the extent of 40% in the equity capital of the
1990 - 7 signatories to the Memorandum of Association. 29,99,993 No. of
equity shares then issued at par of which the following were
reserved and allotted on a firm basis:
- (i) 12,00,000 shares to foreign collaboration M/s. Oronzio De
Nora International BV, Netherlands and
- (ii) 11,99,993 shares to Indian promoters, resident directors
- Of the remaining 6,00,000 shares 1,50,000 shares were reserved
for allotment on a preferential basis to employees (including
Indian working directors)/workers of the Company (all were taken
up). The balance 4,50,000 shares were offered for public
subscription during December (all were taken up).
1991 - Profits declined due to increased cost resulting from devaluation
of Rupee and deferment of projects by user industry due to
political uncertainty and monetary constraints.
- The Company embarked upon setting up of another plant in Goa.
1992 - The Company entered into a technical collaboration with Oronzio
De Nora S.A., Switzerland for the manufacture of titanium
anodes for cathodic protection (anti corrosion) system.
- During August, 15,00,000 rights equity shares issued (prop. 1:2;
pref. Rs.30). 75,000 No. of equity shares offered at a prem. of
Rs.30 per share to employees (only 37,800 shares taken up). The
The unsubscribed 37,200 shares of employees quota allowed to
lapse. Additional 50,000 No. of equity shares at a prem. of
Rs.30 offered to the Company's foreign collaborator who took up
only 25,000 shares.
1994 - Turnover declined due to reduced level of activity related to new
anode supply to membrane projects. Moreover, liberalisation
measures introduced by the Govt. has provided an option to Indian
customers to directly import plants including second hand plants.
- Board have approved to delist the equity shares of the company from the Mangalore, Delhi & Mumbai Stock Exchanges.
-Titanor Components Ltd. has informed that the securities of the Company have been delisted from The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Limited wef December 10, 2003.
-Titanor Components Ltd has informed that the equity shares of the company have been delisted from Mangalore Stock Exchange wef March 13, 2004.
- Company name has been changed from Titanor Components Ltd to De Nora India Ltd.
- De Nora India Limited has informed that Mr. Dharmesh M. Kuvalekar, Company Secretary has been appointed as Compliance Officer of the company with effect from February 23, 2009.