|Dhandapani Finance & Investments Ltd., was incorporated on 30th October 1986, as a Private Limited Company and became a Public Limited Company on 04.05.1988. The Company was promoted by - Sarvasree T.N. GOPALAN, T.N. KISHORE and T.N. SOUNDARARAJAN who are also the promoter Directors of M/s. K. Dhandapani & Co., Ltd., By virtue of this and also by holding majority of shares in Dhandapani Finance & Investments Ltd., M/s. K. Dhandapani & Co Ltd, forms part of the 'Promoter Group'. The company belongs to Dhandapani Group of Madras which has a standing of more than four decades.
K. Dhandapani & Co., was promoted as a firm by late Mr. T.N.K. Iyengar in the year 1946 for importing electrical components manufactured by leading national and multinational companies. They are in this field for the past 50 years. It became a Pvt. Ltd., Company in the year 1980 and later in Jan 1995 it went in for a Public issue and became a widely held Public Co. The Company has factories at Guindy and Thirumazhisai in Madras and at Peenya Industrial Estate and Veerasandra Industrial Estate in Bangalore for manufacture of control Panels, Power capacitors and LT Transformers.
2001 - ICRA has assigned MA+ rating to the non-convertible debenture programme of
Dhandapani Finance Ltd.
-Dhandapani Finance Ltd has appointed Mr H Karthik Seshadri, Partner, M/s Iyer & Thomas, Solicitors as an Independent Director.
-Dhandapani Finance Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on May 11, 2007, has changed the registered office of the Company from its present address at No 141, Linghi Chetty Street, Chennai to No 14, Ramakrishna Street, T Nagar, Chennai.
-Dhandapani Finance Ltd has appointed N Balasubramanian as an Independent Director with effect from August 08, 2008.
- Dhandapani Finance Ltd has informed that Mr. S. Shravan has been appointed as an Independent Director of the Company with effect from January 29, 2010.