1927 - The Dhanalakshmi Bank Limited (DBL) was incorporated. It took
banking business of all kinds.
1991 - 2,30,000 shares issued.
1992 - The Bank opened a branch at Veerappan Chatram. It also opened
an Extension Counter at Hyderabad; Our Extension Counter at
Nanthencode, Trivandrum was upgraded to a full fledged branch.
- On 22nd April, the bank opened a branch at Peelamedu.
- 3,50,000 shares issued to the public.
1993 - Modernisation has begun in the Bank with the inauguration of EDP
Section in the Central Office on 28-01-'93. Computer support has
been extended to all the three Regional Offices also.
- Computer supported banking will be introduced in several selected
branches during the course of the year 1993-'94. Some of the
branches will be provided with on-line computer facilities.
Efforts are also on to build up in house expertise in software
1994 - Rights equity shares issued at a prem. of Rs 25 per share.
1995 - The Bank has co-managed 5 issues, participated in 60 public
issues in the capacity of Bankers to the Issue and extended
underwriting support to 104 Public Issues.
- The the Bank has entered in the field of project appraisal.
Requests for 26 bridge loans were also entertained.
- New branches of the bank were opened at Chevarambalam (Kozhikode
Dist.), Ponnani (Malappuram Dist.) and Muvattupuzha (Ernakulam
- 80,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each issued at a prem. of
Rs 40 per share.
1996 - The bank had offered 80 lacs equity shares of Rs.10/- each at a
premium of Rs.40/- on each share aggregating to Rs.40 crores.
- The bank entered into leasing business.
- New branches of the bank were opened at Karur (Tamilnadu),
Dasarahalli (Bangalore), Chembur Mumbai (Maharashtra), T. Nagar
Chennai (Tamilnadu) and Valancherry (Kerala).
- 82,35,545 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each issued at a prem. of
Rs 40 per share allotted through public issue.
1997 - The bank is celebrating the 70th year of service to the nation.
The Bank's corporate philosophy is `service to the poor and
- The Bank opened five more branches during the year at Surat,
Ahmedabad, Fort Mumbai, Service Branch at Chennai and Industrial
Finance Branch at Kochi. The Bank also opened five Extension
Counters including the one at Guruvayur.
- 11 branches were fully computerised during the year thereby
totalling the fully computerised branches to 26. Back offices of
five branches were also computerised.
- The Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency has rated the
bank's bond issue with a `LA' rating , indicating adequate
- The Trichur-based Dhanalakshmi Bank has been granted a
full-fledged foreign exchange licence by the Reserve Bank of
The bank had made a public issue of 80,00,000 equity shares of
Rs.10 each at a premium of Rs.40 per share in February, 1996.
Prior to the public issue, the shares of the bank were spread
over 18,000 shareholders.
1998 - Dhanalakshmi Bank has launched two new deposit schemes --
Dhanam Plus and Dhanam Double Plus -- in Bangalore.
- The bank had offered 82 lakh shares at a premium of Rs. 40 per
share through the public issue.
1999 - DHANALAKSHMI Bank, which has computerised 70 per cent of its
business transactions, is now globally accessible on the
Internet and can be visited at http://www.dhanbank.com, an
official release from the bank has said.
- THE Dhanam Kisan card will be launched by Dhanalakshmi Bank on
- Thrissur-based Dhanalakshmi Bank proposes to introduce
Web-based banking services in the new millennium.
2000 - The new rates for domestic deposits had become effective April 22
and for NRE/NRNR deposits from May 1.
- The Kerala-based Dhanalakshmi Bank has received clearance from
the RBI to allot shares on a pro rata basis to the subscribers of
its public issue held in 1996.
- The Bank has opened seven-day banking in select branches in
Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam and Bangalore.
--Dhanalakshmi Bank inaugurated its first ATM Centre in Chennai at Anna Nagar on August 23
--Dhanalakshmi Bank has opens its first ATM in bangalore
-Dhanalakshmi Bank introduces new home loan scheme called Dhanam platinum jubilee home loan advantage
-The Dhanlakshmi Bank Ltd has fixed February 16, 2002 as the record date for the purpose of issue of four equity shares of Rs 10/- each at a premium of Rs 5/- per share on rights basis for every three existing equity shares held.
-Ties up with MetLife India to distribute life insurance products of MetLife India
-Dhanalakshmi Bank sets up 3 branches in Thrissur
-Unveils co-branded product DhanLife with MetLife India, makes foray into insurance
-Ties up with United India Insurance Co. in order to market insurance products via all the bank's branches
-Mr B Muthuswamy, Managing Director and CEO has resigned and the charge handed over to Mr K A Menon, Executive Director.
-Dhanalakshmi Bank inaugurates its Mumbai Treasury Department on Oct 29
- Dhanalakshmi Bank has taken over a 18,000 square feet property of Pentasoft Technologies under Securitisation Act
-Dhanalakshmi Bank introduces new bill payment services
-Dhanalakshmi Bank takes possession of part of Devaki Hospital
-Dhanalakshmi Bank unveils new loan scheme for 2 wheelers
-Dhanalakshmi Bank Ltd has informed that Sri TR Madhavan has been appointed as its Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer at the Board Meeting held on February 23, 2004.
- Launches heath insurance scheme in association with United India Insurance company
-Delist from Madras Stock Exchange (MSE) with effect from September 7, 2004
-Dhanalakshmi Bank joins IDRBT managed ATM network
-Dhanalakshmi Bank inks rupee-drawing agreement with Oman firm
-Dhanalakshmi Bank appoints Mr Prasad as new CEO
-Dhanalakshmi Bank unveils new housing loan product
-Dhanalakshmi Bank Ltd has appointed Mr. K Srikanth Reddy as Additional Director, at the Board meeting held on October 29, 2007.
- Dhanalakshmi Bank Ltd has appointed Mr. S Santhanakrishnan as Additional Director, at the Board meeting held on June 30, 2008.
-The company has issued rights in the ratio of 1:1 at a premium of Rs. 52/-Per Share.
-Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd Issues Rights in the Ratio of 1:1
- Dhanalakshmi Bank has appointed Mr Bipin Kabra as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), who has over 16 years of experience in financial services industry. His past assignments include stints in ICICI as well as SBI and Reliance group. Prior to joining the Dhanalakshmi Bank, he was associated with Zee group. He has spent considerable period in banking, insurance, merchant banking and treasury.
- Dhanalakshmi Bank Ltd has informed that Mr. Ghanshyam Dass and Mr. Sateesh Kumar Andra have been appointed as Director liable to retire by rotation at the Annual General Meeting of the Bank held on July 31, 2009.
- Thrissur Dhanalakshmi Bank has unveiled a mini dairy funding project in the Idukki district of Kerala and has plans to start a similar project in Tamil Nadu in two weeks' time.
- Dhanalakshmi Bank forged an alliance with rating agency CRISIL In order to introduce CRISIL SSI/SME rating for over 500 of its small and medium enterprise (SME) customers,
- Dhalaxmi Bank Launches Mobile Banking.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Opens 2 ATMs in Goa
- Dhanlaxmi Bank raises Rs.380 cr through QIP.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank signs MOU with Government of Karnataka.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank rolls out 151 more ATMs.
-Company has changed its name from Dhanalakshmi Bank Ltd. to Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank launches gift card.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank opens branch in Bareilly.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank introduces 300-day deposit.
- Dhalaxmi Bank Launched a Forex Card - A Foreign Currency Denominated, Re - Loadable, Prepaid Card.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank launches the second series of gold coins.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank starts silver retail business.
- Shri P. G. Jayakumar has been appointed as Managing Director and CEO of the Bank w.e.f. May 18, 2012.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank raises NRE rates again, this time by 235bps.
- Dhanlaxmi sees positive balance sheet this year.
-Dhanlaxmi Bank bags 2 prestigious awards from National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
-Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd has informed that Mr. K. S. Krishnan has been appointed as Chief Financial Officer of the Bank w.e.f. July 05, 2013.
-Account balance is just a missed call away - Latest technology offering from Dhanlaxmi Bank
-Dhanlaxmi Bank inaugurates 3rd ATM inside the campus of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
-Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd has informed that appointed Dr. Lakshmy Devi K R as additional director on the Board of the Bank.